“Very Clean and Consistent with Friendly Service”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I travel to Rome, GA each week and have made the Country Inn & Suites my consistent place of stay because the staff is very friendly, the rooms are always clean, and it has a good breakfast compared to other hotels. The rooms have a small refrigerator, microwave, free wifi, and it is easy to access from the highway. I have stayed in nearby hotels and they do not compare with this one for value and convenience.

Room Tip: I have stayed on several floors and all of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
laxmi35, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

I want to thank you for your review and your accolade. I have shared your compliments with my staff members regarding our service and breakfast. I am pleased to hear that your confidence in us brings you back on a weekly basis. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

By far the best hotel in Rome, hands down. Don't stay anywhere else. The staff is extremely friendly, the room turn around is perfect. The rooms are spacious and clean. Flat screen TVs, cookies at the front desk, complimentary breakfast in the morning. Hotel is near everything and on a major road. I stayed here in a large group and didn't hear anything but good things from everyone. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
laxmi35, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your excellent review. We are happy that you enjoyed the little extra amenities that we at Rome, Georgia provide. The 40" LCD TV's and cookies are always a great hit. We hope to see you on your next visit to Rome.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We wanted to stay at a hotel near Darlington Academy. My son and i got a suite. He had his space, I had mine. We had two t.v.s, and the bathroom was off the hallway, the room had a microwave and a little refrigerator. It was five minutes from Darlington, off the highway. No, you are not right downtown and not that close to restaurants, but a few places delivered right to our room and the next morning we had a nice breakfast. It was a full breakfast and had everything you could want for the hotel. Juices, coffee, toast, bagel, eggs, cream cheese, grits, oatmeal and bacon etc.. and waffles, my son got waffles. On my return stay to collect my son from the academy, I stayed at the Hawthorn Suites, and while it was nice and right in down town, it really didn't matter to me because i didn't want to wander around alone. Next time, I really think i will go back to the country inn and suites, there is plenty of parking down town, and the rooms are brighter and fresher.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank merrytime
laxmi35, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

I want to thank you for your outstanding review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience here while visiting Darlington School. We will look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was my second year staying at the Country Inn & Suites in Rome. After establishing a outstanding business / consumer relationship my first year it was easy to decide to go back for year two. Front desk, breakfast staff, and house keeping were all willing to adjust their schedules and daily tasks to meet the needs of our very large group staying in the hotel. Hospitality like this is something you only hear about when elders tell stories of the 'good ole days'

Room Tip: Standard rooms are very large compared to other country inn and suites I have been too. If you are l...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here for the 2nd year. It is our desire to deliver the kind of personalized service that you mentioned. The good ole days are still with us as far as we are concerned. Look forward to seeing you on your return visit to Rome, Georgia.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The rooms were well kept and were very nice. There were always new clean towels. Our fantasy van really appreciates the fact that there is always warm water so we are all rejuvenated in the morning. Your logo on the waffle was a very nice touch too.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Overall I really enjoyed the hotel. The only draw back, if any, is the location of the hotel next to some car dealerships. Then again restaurants are still reflectively close by so the fact that the hotel is near some car dealerships is no big deal. I really enjoyed the service offered and will look to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Very friendly service and nice facilities. Rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The suites are a fantastic value and have a ton of space. The rooms held 3-4 people very comfortably. The breakfast food was average but the staff did a good job of bring out more when an item was gone. Overall a great stay and I'll happily come back again.