“SkySoldiers”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Everyone in my group was extremely pleased with our stay. Everyone we encountered from Carol (the manager) to all other employees there were more than helpful and very professional. If I were in the leadership chain of Country Inn & Suites I would use Carol and her staff as a shining example for all other properties to follow. The rooms were great, hospitality wonderful and the continental breakfast very good, clean and filling. If ever in the area again we will be there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
laxmi35, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

We appreciate your comments regard our staff here at the country Inn & Suites, Rome, GA. I passed them on to all. It is such a pleasure to the opportunity to commend them.

I hope that you will have an opportunity to return to this area and visit us.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The place has just been remodeled. The rooms are brand new, exceptionally clean, exceptionally quiet, and the staff are smiling, friendly, and knowledgeable about the area. If you stay somewhere else, you're missing out. Country Inn is locked in for all future stays!

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your kind words regarding our renovation here at the Country Inn & Suites, Rome, GA. We hope to see you on your return visit to the area.

Sincerely

Reviewed August 19, 2012

My teenage son and I stayed at this property during a recent tennis tournament after having stayed earlier in the summer. Travel planning and tennis don't make great partners - you never know how far your child will get in the tournament, so it's tough to know how many nights to book at a hotel. Plus, each tournament follows its own match schedule - one tourney might have the kids play 2 matches each day, another might have them play as many as 4 - and bad weather can wreak havoc on even the best laid plans.

The two front desk managers at this property (Chris and, I'm sorry, but I don't remember the woman who was at the desk during the morning shift) were so accommodating. I spoke to them when I found out that it was possible we would only be staying one night instead of our reserved two. I asked if we could have a late checkout time, just in case. Then, once I did check out, I asked if there was anyway I could leave our stuff in a safe place in the hotel so it wouldn't be visible in my car all day. They helped me move everything into a locked storage room right down the hall from our guest room, then helped me load everything onto a luggage cart when it was time for us to leave. I really appreciate the willingness to go above-and-beyond for a guest. Thank you! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FitMomma
laxmi35, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

We want to thank you for your kind remarks. It is lovely to hear such nice remarks regardin our staff and I am happy to pass them along.

Tennis tournaments in Rome are a very important part of our business and hopefully, we will see you on a return visit.

Once again, thank you,

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Country Inn and Suites in Rome exceeded my expectations! Everything was great with special thanks to Carrol Maloof, Asst. General Manager, and Chris, on the front desk, for going above and beyond to help my stay be more meaningful as I was visiting family during my stay. I am using this chain whenever possible as all the locations I have experienced have been wonderful . . clean and well staffed

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
laxmi35, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your glowing remarks. I have passed your comments on to may staff.

As always, we are delighted when a guest takes the time to write a lovely review as yours.

We hope to see you on a return trip to Rome.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I prefer Country Inn and Suites when I travel to non-major cities. The one in Rome is one of my absolute favorites. It is a great location, always very clean, extremely friendly staff. I am a repeat customer at this location. It is always my hotel of choice in the NW Georgia area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
laxmi35, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you for your great review. We certainly strive to reach the cleanliness and great staff that you refer to. It is our goal to remain one of your favorites when you return to the area. Please do not hesitate to tell us if we can improve on something.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My son is attending college in Rome. I had never stayed at a Country Inn & Suites previously. We started out here on our first visit and have been booking our stays here ever since. The hotel is consistantly clean and comfortable. The beds and linens are a cut above most. They always have a warm, efficient & helpful staff as well. I appreciate the little extra touches like fresh baked cookies and coffee in the lobby.The breakfast is convenient and has a good variety. They need to work on the water pressure in the showers but otherwise all has been perfect. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

We are delighted that you enjoy your stay with us and return each time you visit your child at Berry College. Our goal is to continue to provide the welcoming staff, the cleanliness, the breakfast, and the fresh baked cookies and coffee that you refer to. We want everyone to feel as you do.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were in town for three days to visit our daughter who is working at WinShape Camps. Although quite a drive to Berry College, it was well worth the time. The hotel was very nice and clean. The rooms were extra nice - comfy bed with comforter, beautiful bathroom with tile and granite, new carpet, quiet a/c - and breakfast was great (although did miss biscuits and gravy). Pool could have used an update, but was enjoyable nonetheless. Staff were the best!

Room Tip: Room two doors from end stairwell was very convenient to park in back and come in through outside st...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family