“Still Loving Country Inn and Suites Rome”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Hampton
“Still Loving Country Inn and Suites Rome”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I prefer Country Inn and Suites when I travel to non-major cities. The one in Rome is one of my absolute favorites. It is a great location, always very clean, extremely friendly staff. I am a repeat customer at this location. It is always my hotel of choice in the NW Georgia area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
laxmi35, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your great review. We certainly strive to reach the cleanliness and great staff that you refer to. It is our goal to remain one of your favorites when you return to the area. Please do not hesitate to tell us if we can improve on something.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My son is attending college in Rome. I had never stayed at a Country Inn & Suites previously. We started out here on our first visit and have been booking our stays here ever since. The hotel is consistantly clean and comfortable. The beds and linens are a cut above most. They always have a warm, efficient & helpful staff as well. I appreciate the little extra touches like fresh baked cookies and coffee in the lobby.The breakfast is convenient and has a good variety. They need to work on the water pressure in the showers but otherwise all has been perfect. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We are delighted that you enjoy your stay with us and return each time you visit your child at Berry College. Our goal is to continue to provide the welcoming staff, the cleanliness, the breakfast, and the fresh baked cookies and coffee that you refer to. We want everyone to feel as you do.
Louisiana
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were in town for three days to visit our daughter who is working at WinShape Camps. Although quite a drive to Berry College, it was well worth the time. The hotel was very nice and clean. The rooms were extra nice - comfy bed with comforter, beautiful bathroom with tile and granite, new carpet, quiet a/c - and breakfast was great (although did miss biscuits and gravy). Pool could have used an update, but was enjoyable nonetheless. Staff were the best!

Room Tip: Room two doors from end stairwell was very convenient to park in back and come in through outside st...
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Each member of the staff that I encountered was friendly, courteous, and helpful. Whether I requested another floor (due to extreme weather conditions (heat wave)), a reprint of the bill, or to open the door to the pool when I left my key, they were prompt to respond and ensure my satisfaction. The hotel was spacious, clean, and comfortable. I brought my family along with me on this business trip, and they were satisfied to stay in the suite and by the pool while I was out. I would recommend this hotel, and I will return if the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: Suites on second floor are convenient and cooler in the summer (than the third floor)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Canton, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We came to the Country Inn and Suites because it gave us the chance to see how our kids (3, 5) would handle being in a hotel room away from home before we go on vacation. The hotel might be a little bit overpriced (110 for the night, plus taxes/fees) for the area -- it is outside Rome and almost 2 1/2 miles away from the minor league ball park where we were spending the evening.

However, the hotel has been decently upgraded recently, with the exception of the pool area, which needs some serious TLC. The room was nice, quiet, and clean, and other than the bed being harder than some rocks and the bathroom being tiny, it was a nice place for my family to be. The staff was great, and the 2nd shift desk clerk even asked how the ball game was when we got back.

I would probably stay there again, but I would try to negoiate a cheaper rate, just based on the distance from downtown, the ball park, and the colleges.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We were in Rome for a wedding. The hotel & staff were exceptional. We were very pleased with the friendliness & helpfulness of the staff. They gave out welcome bags and helped make our guests feel welcomed. There was a good variety for breakfast each morning as well as being delicious. The room was very clean & comfortable. The nights were very quiet and we all rested well (even with a baseball team & a couple of other wedding parties).

Room Tip: We had persons in all areas of the hotel and all were excellent with no issues.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
I want to thank you for your lovely comments regarding your stay with us. Your reaction is the type we strive to attain with each guest. We do feel that our breakfast is better and that our guest service are very important parts of anyones stay.

We look forward to seeing you again, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We planned a Father's Day weekend in Rome. Even though I knew we were booking in a suite, the staff was exceptional. The breakfast was not only good, but the server went out of his way to help us get everything we wanted. I also liked that everything is in one building, and is very accessible. The room was very clean and comfortable. I can't say enough about the service.

1 Thank fitnessinharmony
laxmi35, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. It is the goal of the hotel to offer the exceptional service you refer to. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the area.

Once again, thank you