“Still work to do”

Rusan's
Ranked #48 of 189 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed October 30, 2011

This restaurant opened to great fanfare and expectations. There was an article in this week's paper that new management had taken over and all of the previous problems were fixed. It is worse than ever. No fried rice came with my meal. The waitress forgot to bring the hot tea. People were served one at a time instead of serving everyone together. They had to take our drink order again because I guess they forgot. The food is good but in this day and time food, atmosphere, and presentation have to be perfect for people to part with their money. The music is way too loud for a Japanese style restaurant. It was so loud we could not talk. Only bonus, they are open on Sunday.

2  Thank Pilotdoc

Reviewed October 20, 2011

I was a little apprehensive about getting Sushi in Rome but I decided to give it a try. Thankfully, I wasn't paying attention to the buffet sign as I walked in. I normally stay away from sushi buffets. But, after walking in and looking at what they had to offer (and being short on time) I gave it a shot. Everything I had tasted great and has wonderful flavor. AND at a cost of $10 I thought it was good value.

2  Thank Rob J
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I'm glad I didn't read the lone review of RuSan's before going to dinner there last night. I don't know the history of the restuarant, as we recently moved here andI only found out about it this weekend, but it appears that they are much improved since the 2009 review. We had sushi (delicious & fresh) and beer (cold!) and then ordered dinner (we had the salmon dish (we decided it won the "prize" for the best thing ordered), the swordfish dish, and the shrimp dish. I wish I could remember the exact names of the dishes. Meal came with a salad (which had a little too much dressing) and a bowl of miso soup. The large entree serving also included more fresh veggies than any of us could finish along with steamed or fried rice. Service was excellent. Price was very acceptable - appeared most entrees were in the $14 - $18 range. 4 different sushi + 6 Kirin Ichiban beers + 3 meals came to $85.

2  Thank DebInTN
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We ate here in March 2009 just before a Symphony concert (I had been for business dinners a couple of times previously which were good). My wife's Sea Bass had a very sharp taste to it (and an odor). It was taken away and another one brought which was also "off". The waiter tried to tell us that Sea Bass always tasted like that! As the concert was starting imminently we had to leave (with a hungry wife). Recently I have accessed the Floyd County Sanitation inspection scores and found the explanation. RuSan currently has the lowest average score for the whole of Floyd county (47U 11/24/08 and 70C 12/1/08 for the last 2). I shudder when I think of people eating raw sushi there.....

2  Thank nr8209