“Absentee manager”

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Absentee manager”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed at 2 hotels on this trip and was pleasantly surprised at the appearance. The room was very comfortable but that's where it ends. I booked my trip on Hotwire and was given a king. My son was able to join me on this visit due to the govt shutdown.(He is in the military) When I arrived I asked for 2 doubles. They had one but couldn't give it to me because I booked on Hotwire. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with Hotwire to find out it couldn't be done without a managers approval. I gave up. The next day I asked the same desk clerk Steve for a roll away bed. He said he couldn't do it for no charge because he needed a manager. Then he hung up on me! Where is the manager on this busy weekend?....at home waiting for his wife to go into labor!! Sorry, not good enough There are quite a few hotels in this area and I am frequently here, but I will not stay at this one again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The motel is not visible from the main highway, but across from the Hampton Inn whose sign is visible.

We were assigned a room on the main floor, within 30-50 feet from the main desk, ice and venting machines and the breakfast area. We are 70+, so this was very helpful.

Quality tv set-and possibly the best mattress I have used in recent memory, including my home mattress.

We will use this motel whenever we visit Rome, GA.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Arkansas
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We booked this via Price Line for $70 (plus taxes) about fifteen minutes before arrival. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel employees were friendly.

There were no restaurants within walking distance (we always prefer to walk rather than climb back into the car after a long day of driving). We drove to a Chili's about two miles away.

That night, we are in bed, relaxing and watching "Jay Leno" when there is a very loud knock on our door. DH went to the door and, without opening it, asked what was the problem. The man said, "Turn down your tv!" Our television was not any louder than we ever have it. DH thinks it is because the television was mounted on the wall and the walls are too thin for that. The next morning, we could hear quite a bit of ruckus coming from the room on the other side.

Of course, we turned down the volume. The problem with that : We could not hear it.

The room was clean, but was showing definite wear and tear. The carpet was fraying and the shower grout needs to be replaced.

Breakfast was boring. Most of those included in the price are not exciting, but this one seemed particularly blah. I had a bagel with cream cheese which was fine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I travel frequently with our two dogs and I can assure you this was the spot to go for us. We had attended a music festival that went late into the night and we were outside of gates closing at our campground over an hour away where our fifth wheel was parked. We called Hampton and was referred here. Pet friendly hotels aren't numerous and aren't always nice. But I called after mid-night and the lady working gave me directions to their front door. Perfect directions I might add. The hotel looks newer or remodeled. Sits on a nice size hill and decor was nice. Rooms were great such large beds and rooms. Everything was impeccably clean. We all crashed at 2 am and left by 11. We did not eat breakfast. All hotels should take note from this location and any pet owner would be more than pleased here. Thank you La Quinta!

Room Tip: Pet owners this is such a clean place to stay!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BBelenchia
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We're big La Quinta fans. Nothing works better for a large family for the price. We've stayed all over the country in many, many La Quintas, but this one is NOT up to the brand standard. Fraying, dingy, goopy carpets, sub-standard breakfast and old style coffee makers. The trim running around the room was peeling off. We were scheduled to stay two nights, but I started sneezing and got a migraine which only happens when I'm around mold or mildew. We asked the front desk for a local pizza place and we were told they have "the chains." We used our basic GPS and found a great one five minutes away. Thanks for the help, buddy. It's honestly the only La Quinta I've ever been in that I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Pace, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

While the location was good everything else about this hotel was average. The bed was ok. The breakfast was bland. I could hear a lot of noise both from the road and from other guests. I probably won't stay here again. It wasn't the worst but it wasn't that great either.

• Stayed July 2013
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This location had super front desk staff and the BEST bed of our vacation! Everything else was pretty average. Average room. Average lobby. Average or lower breakfast. By the time we got to breakfast in the morning, many items were gone. The front desk attendant did heat up extra eggs for us, but it was "too late" for biscuits.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family