“Nice hotel, but pool was broken”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Its a nice hotel, above average for a Holiday Inn express. However, we were very dissappointed to find out that the Pool wasn't open. Since it was a family trip, we probably would have booked a different hotel if the lack of a pool was listed on the website.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
laxmi35, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Rome, GA. We are genuinely sorry that you anticipated a pool. It is in our hopes to have the pool up and running for 2014. Once again thank you.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were headed south toward home, after being on the road for over 8 hrs with the motorcycles, we decided it was time to get off the road and relax a bit. Took out the phone and did a search for Holiday Inn's in the area, so we drove to the big city off of Hwy 27 to get to the hotel. Not far from the highway intersection. Traffic was good both evening and morning, no long lines to wait at the lights, moved right on through. Hotel staff had us park the motorcycles under the entry to keep them in sight and ease of parking. No restraurants within walking distance, so we we close to downtown to Applebee's for late dinner. Rooms were clean, open, with mini frig and microwave, was glad for that as we needed a few beverages.

Room Tip: We did not have traffic issues with locals heading to Atlanta, driving to get on southbound Hwy 27 w...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
laxmi35, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome, Ga. We are thrilled to learn that our hotel was to your liking. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay plenty of room to park a semi in front on access road..this place looks brand new I was shocked to find out it is 4 years old It is apparent the management takes great pride in this place as does the employees..check in went great , girl worked with my per diem to get me a decent price..room was absolutely perfect..checked out around midnight and all went great and the wonderful lady working the night desk had fresh coffee made...you cant go wrong staying here..next time Im in the area I will be back...

Room Tip: I assume all rooms are perfect
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank teamster175

What a great review! Thank you so much! We here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome, Ga are happy that you found us to your pleasing. We hope to see you again on a return trip to Rome, Ga.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I'm a spontaneous traveler. My husband and I ended up in Rome, Ga. for a night on our way through visiting friends. We are glad we stopped here at Holiday Inn. The rooms are very clean, the breakfast has a variety of items to choose from.... My personal favorite is the cinnamon rolls. I was upset we only stayed 1 night. Wasn't long enough!!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you so much for your glowing review of The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome, Ga. It is our goal to achieve satisfaction with all of our guest as was accomplished with you. Thank you again. We hope to see you soon and we will have a cinnamon roll just for you!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were travelling back home from Huntsville and decided to stay for the night in Rome, GA.

Went online and booked a 5,000 point night at 9:30 pm and showed up at the hotel 15 minutes later.

When arriving at the hotel, we were greeted by very friendly staff and we began talking about our trip to Nashville and my hometown.

The desk agent was having a problem as there was no king bedded room available even though we booked one just 15 minutes earlier. She resolved it by putting us in a suite instead! Room 209.

They also provided a small bag with bottled water, crackers and candy bars. A great touch!

The room was in fantastic shape; looked brand new. The bed was very comfortable and we had a well deserved sleep.

When woke up late the next morning and called down and asked for a late checkout... and it was granted without any problems!

I would highly recommend this hotel and the wonderful staff!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your wonderful review on The Holiday Inn & Suites Express Rome, Ga. We also see that you are a member of our IHG rewards program and we thank you for that. I am delighted that our staff was at the top of their performance and you found us to your liking. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Rome, Ga.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This newer hotel is right at the end of the road! Staffs are friendly, and encouraged us to book over the phone for the very best rates. The room was clean and coffee always available in the lobby. Suggestions to strengthen….the elevator was slow as a turtle, the pool was nonfunctioning….and I’m always looking around for free cookies! This hotel was across town from the family we came to visit, but we will definitely stay here when we return to Rome, Georgia.

Room Tip: You might want to request a 4th floor room facing the rear of the building, as there is a gorgeous v...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The price of 92$-102$ was too much. The breakfast had little taste to it for the 2 days we stayed here. My main issue was that the housekeeper I had on my 2nd floor spoke NO English. I had to write down what I needed for her to understand. Another HUGE issue I had was the internet. I was told it was great wifi. Well, I was kicked off every 30 minutes or so to where it would take a page 4-10 minutes to load. Proxy errors and errors from their end were constant. I had to troubleshoot every time it went down. The woman alerted the GM, and I am planning on calling today to see if I can get any money back, because I will not be staying at this chain again. The man, the next day at the front, gave me a number to the internet company itself... It was a Sunday, and obviously the place was closed. (I tried calling every hour on the day, getting no one.) The man at the front, on Sunday, as we left didn't ask how our stay was. He wasn't busy, either. Definitely a let down, especially when any staff at the hotel should be asking such things.

The smaller issues were hair in the bath tub and on the floor, as well as part of the siding next to the tub coming apart. The alarm clock was reset, and NOT set to the time. The fridge was set on VERY cold. We woke up with everything in it frozen or a slushy.

Over all experience, again, I would not stay at this chain again. It left a very bad first impression.

Room Tip: Get the hotel next door. Same location, around the same price.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
laxmi35, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

I am so terribly sorry that you were having internet issues at our hotel. For the convenience of our guest we have 24hour 7 days a week internet support to eliminate any issues. I am following up with our internet support vendor why you weren't able to speak to anyone on Sunday. Thank you for your feed back about housekeeping and we are taking immediate actions with the issues you mentioned.