Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East
$89
$109
ComfortSuites
Quality Inn Rome(Rome)(Great Value!)
$85
QualityInn
Econo Lodge(Rome)(Great Value!)
$73
$164
$139
$85
$70
Red Roof Inn & Suites Rome(Rome)(Great Value!)
$77
$54
Motel 6
$165
$135
All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskroom was cleanvery nice place to staystaff was friendlystay there againberry collegebreakfast areacomplimentary breakfastno issuesin towna great staybusiness tripyogurtfirst floorhiesonia
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I'm a spontaneous traveler. My husband and I ended up in Rome, Ga. for a night on our way through visiting friends. We are glad we stopped here at Holiday Inn. The rooms are very clean, the breakfast has a variety of items to choose from.... My personal favorite is the cinnamon rolls. I was upset we only stayed 1 night. Wasn't long enough!!

• Stayed: July 2013
laxmi35, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your glowing review of The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome, Ga. It is our goal to achieve satisfaction with all of our guest as was accomplished with you. Thank you again. We hope to see you soon and we will have a cinnamon roll just for you!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were travelling back home from Huntsville and decided to stay for the night in Rome, GA.

Went online and booked a 5,000 point night at 9:30 pm and showed up at the hotel 15 minutes later.

When arriving at the hotel, we were greeted by very friendly staff and we began talking about our trip to Nashville and my hometown.

The desk agent was having a problem as there was no king bedded room available even though we booked one just 15 minutes earlier. She resolved it by putting us in a suite instead! Room 209.

They also provided a small bag with bottled water, crackers and candy bars. A great touch!

The room was in fantastic shape; looked brand new. The bed was very comfortable and we had a well deserved sleep.

When woke up late the next morning and called down and asked for a late checkout... and it was granted without any problems!

I would highly recommend this hotel and the wonderful staff!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your wonderful review on The Holiday Inn & Suites Express Rome, Ga. We also see that you are a member of our IHG rewards program and we thank you for that. I am delighted that our staff was at the top of their performance and you found us to your liking. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Rome, Ga.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This newer hotel is right at the end of the road! Staffs are friendly, and encouraged us to book over the phone for the very best rates. The room was clean and coffee always available in the lobby. Suggestions to strengthen….the elevator was slow as a turtle, the pool was nonfunctioning….and I’m always looking around for free cookies! This hotel was across town from the family we came to visit, but we will definitely stay here when we return to Rome, Georgia.

Room Tip: You might want to request a 4th floor room facing the rear of the building, as there is a gorgeous view overlooking the steamy hills!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The price of 92$-102$ was too much. The breakfast had little taste to it for the 2 days we stayed here. My main issue was that the housekeeper I had on my 2nd floor spoke NO English. I had to write down what I needed for her to understand. Another HUGE issue I had was the internet. I was told it was great wifi. Well, I was kicked off every 30 minutes or so to where it would take a page 4-10 minutes to load. Proxy errors and errors from their end were constant. I had to troubleshoot every time it went down. The woman alerted the GM, and I am planning on calling today to see if I can get any money back, because I will not be staying at this chain again. The man, the next day at the front, gave me a number to the internet company itself... It was a Sunday, and obviously the place was closed. (I tried calling every hour on the day, getting no one.) The man at the front, on Sunday, as we left didn't ask how our stay was. He wasn't busy, either. Definitely a let down, especially when any staff at the hotel should be asking such things.

The smaller issues were hair in the bath tub and on the floor, as well as part of the siding next to the tub coming apart. The alarm clock was reset, and NOT set to the time. The fridge was set on VERY cold. We woke up with everything in it frozen or a slushy.

Over all experience, again, I would not stay at this chain again. It left a very bad first impression.

Room Tip: Get the hotel next door. Same location, around the same price.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
laxmi35, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

I am so terribly sorry that you were having internet issues at our hotel. For the convenience of our guest we have 24hour 7 days a week internet support to eliminate any issues. I am following up with our internet support vendor why you weren't able to speak to anyone on Sunday. Thank you for your feed back about housekeeping and we are taking immediate actions with the issues you mentioned.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed here after a great experience at a HI in Atlanta but were a little disappointed. Room was clean and well appointed but carpet certainly showed signs of wear. Staff seemed a little aloof and not as friendly or helpful as we have seen elsewhere but most annoying was the housekeeping. Came home at 4pm after a full day out to find our beds stripped and no towels so had to find someone and wait while they finished the room, and as a result were late for our evening appointment. Weren't the only room on the floor not serviced so obviously there was some sort of problem but received no real explanation or apology. Subsequent days, housekeeping also seemed to find it difficult to service at a convenient time, so would be helpful to have a 'please make up my room' door notice.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
laxmi35, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. First and foremost let me personally apologize that we did not live up to your expectation. This is not the norm for our hotel. We have shared your feedback with the entire staff and have implemented new procedure for the housekeeping staff and the front desk. I hope that the next time you and your family travel through Rome, Georgia you will give us a second chance.