We returned to Rome, Georgia after many years to attend a funeral. We selected the HIE because of decent reviews, however.....
To begin with, there is a large sink hole in the only entrance to the parking lot - it is filled with muddy water. You have to drive through it to get to the parking lot. Very annoying and quite dangerous - you have no idea of the depth of the water. The parking lot is very narrow and when athletic buses are parked there, it is hard to get around them and the sink hole.
The front desk person was overwhelmed and not very helpful. It took over 15 minutes to check in and when I asked for 3 keys (there were 3 of us in the room), the employee was rude. No acknowledgement of me being a PC gold member except being handed a white bag with a bottle of water in it. The electronic door keys did not work and I had to return to the front desk. Later in the stay the door again did not unlock, requiring a return trip to the front desk. Later again, the door would not lock when we left for the evening. The front desk people could not solve the problem. For this poor security and erratic door locks, I would never stay again at this hotel.
The breakfast was standard HIE and the single breakfast worker was very nice - however, this person could not keep up with stocking the weekend breakfast, so there were limited selections.
The hotel is about 5 years old and already showing wear. The erratic security and dangerous parking lot sink hole make me suggest you consider other nearby hotels, such as the adjacent Country Inn and Suites, a new nearby Comfort Suites, and Hampton Inn that is less than a half mile away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the New Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rome-East. Conveniently located in the town of Rome, Georgia, and nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Rome, GA is perfect for both business and leisure travelers.Families will enjoy staying at our Rome, Georgia, hotel as they experience everything this picturesque city has to offer. Nearby historic downtown Rome is surrounded by three rivers and boasts beautiful Victorian buildings. Other Rome attractions include the Rome Area History Museum, Veteran's Plaza and area shopping. During the summer, you can watch the Rome Braves play baseball at the nearby State Mutual Stadium. Shorter College and Berry College are also convenient to our Rome accommodations.With convenient access to local businesses such as Bekaert Steel, Zartic, Pirelli Tire, F & P Georgia, Suzuki Mfg and VT Industries, our Rome, Georgia hotel is ideal for business travelers who plan to visit Rome. The nearby Stonebridge golf course offers a challenge when you want to combine business with a round of golf.During your stay at our new hotel in Rome, GA, be sure to enjoy a swim in the outdoor pool, work out in the fitness center or surf the web with free high-speed Internet access. You can start each day with the free hot breakfast bar featuring our signature cinnamon rolls. Check out our great Rome, Georgia hotel deals, and book your stay with us today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Rome-East
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East Hotel Rome