“Not personal, but clean and comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Sunnyvale, Texas
“Not personal, but clean and comfortable”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This little strip of hotels was experiencing challenges when we tried to check in. The Comfort Inn next door had its water shut off for several hours. And the Holiday Inn had the pool closed for renovations. The hotel is maybe a bit pricey, but relatively new and clean. Mattresses nice, but pillows lumpy and uncomfortable. The hotel staff was perfectly nice, but the stay felt very impersonal. The very best thing was the free breakfast. Huge selection, from pancakes to sausage biscuits to cinnamon rolls to cereal, and a fridge stocked with juices and milk. I'd recommend the hotel - just bring your own pillows!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kapingram
laxmi35, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I'm happy that you found the hotel to your liking, however, disappointed that we left you feeling unpersonal. I have discussed this with our team.

Upon your return visit to Rome, I hope that you will consider staying with us again and give us an opportunity to show how personal we can be.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Georgia
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Relative to other hotels in Rome, this hotel is the nicest. Of course, the competition is weak.

Good things - Newer hotel with clean rooms. Breakfast included. Comfortable beds. Staff seemed friendly. Nice lobby. Seems well maintained. Flat screens.

Bad Things - Expensive (as are most hotels in Rome). Location is remote and no restaurants are nearby. Extremely slow elevator. Internet slow at night when hotel was full. HD televisions without HD signal.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
We are happy that you find us to be your hotel of choice when in Rome, GA. We do pride ourselves on our hotel, amenities and service. It is guests like you that make our success possible.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you when your travels bring you back to Rome.
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a few days while my father was in the hospital. The room was okay but I feel like they are a bit over priced. The night before my father passed away we stayed at the hospital so that we could be with him. After he passed, my aunt asked the front desk clerk if they would consider giving us a credit for that night since we were unable to stay. The lady said that would be up to the GM so she gave her his phone number. Needless to say she left a voice mail for him but he never called her back. During our stay we noticed that our bead spread had a few red/brown stains on it which looked kind of gross. We stayed there 5 nights and have yet to receive points for those nights on my rewards card.

• Stayed April 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Amanda0099,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and writing a review about your recent stay with us. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tennessee
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed here several times and have been pleased with the hotel every time. The rooms are clean and spacious, the staff is friendly, and the breakfast is great. Walmart is close by, too. I plan on visiting the area several more times in the future and will always stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank HHTn
Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness, guest service and amenities and it is nice to hear that they are recognized.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you on your return travels to Rome, GA.
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This place is awesome. Excellent customer service. Front desk staff is super helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and fresh. Housekeeping staff do a very good job at having the rooms spotless. Breakfast was stocked and the lady was very polite and friendly. I wish all the holiday inn's would be like this one.

• Stayed March 2012
I want to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay. Our staff takes great pride in delivering the cleanliness, customer service, and amenities you describe. Without guests like you, we would not be able to deliver the product you describe.

We look forward to your next visit to Rome, GA.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I was assigned to a five-week project in Rome and was not looking forward to being away from home for such a long time. I could not have been more surprised and delighted to find that this Holiday Inn Express was so beautifully-appointed and maintained. The housekeeping staff thought of everything for me. I have never received better service anywhere, and I am more accustomed to staying at a Ritz or a W than a Holiday Inn. Everyone, from the front desk to the breakfast service to the housekeepers, made me feel not only as though I were at home but that I was their most important guest, which I knew I was not. If you want to stay in a beautiful room with a gorgeous view, and you want to be pampered, this is the place for you. (I just left and already miss all that attentive service!)

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor, but members of my work team stayed on other floors and were as happy with...