“Would Recommend”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Johns Creek, GA
“Would Recommend”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Don't typically search out Holiday Inn Express Hotels when travelling but in this case the pickings were slim and reviews of this hotel were mostly very good. Stayed here in late Jan '12. Hotel was very clean. Price was good. Convenient location. Complimentary breakfast. Staff was very friendly. As everyone else mentioned, walls are very thin but since hotel was relatively empty was not a problem. Would stay here again if travelling to Rome.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I would like to start off by saying when you pull into the hotel you trounce through a huge water hole that never dries up. The hotel staff is extremely rude, woke up at 5am from the front desk to move my vehicle from a parking spot, because a bus was coming in. I spend 150 nights on the road and i have never been treated with such disregard. I would recomend staying at the hawthorne suites which is closer to town.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RVIGIL
laxmi35, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear Mr. Vigil,
Thank you very much for your review and very valuable feedback.

It is my understanding that you went through an unfortunate situation during your stay, and I would like to sincerely apologize for this situation.

I was sorry to hear about the issue you had experienced. Please be rest assured that this was an isolated case and does not reflect the usual high standards of the hotel. We have addressed this issue with the employee and have taken steps to guarantee this will not reoccur.

The water issue you mentioned is in litigation with the builder and at the present time we are unable to resolve that issue until this litigation is settled with them.

Again I sincerely apologize and would appreciate it if you would contact me directly at 706-232-0021, I would like very much to discuss this with.

Thank you and best regards.

Anil
Clearwater, FL
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Cant be too old, it was very clean. On the main road. Waffle House next door. Starbucks about 2 miles way. I needed a training location and they had a nice boardroom for 10-12 people. The staff here were very helpful. I needed a 1pm late checkout and they graciously met every need. I saw the whole town, this is your "A" hotel.

Room Tip: Room 215 was a suite
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
laxmi35, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Dear Mr. Jim,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback.

I appreciate the reference “it was very clean”. We take pride in making sure that our guests receive the best service and a clean, well maintained room.

Thank you for your encouraging comments about the staff. I have shared your comments with them.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites on your next trip to Rome, Georgia.

Best regards,

Anil
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed September 2, 2011

This was a very nice and quiet location but still close enough to shopping and restaurants. The staff was accommodating and friendly. Nice décor, clean and comfortable beds. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed for 1 night. Great staff. The girl who was in the reception was really nice. The room was fresh, clean and really not like holiday inn express. Will stay again if i come back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank t0309999
Oakwood, Georgia
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Great hotel, clean, friendly, smooth check in and check out!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Really I did not stay. I had a resversation, but I put in the wrong dates. That may have been my good fortune. I stayed at this hotel late last fall. I did not remember anything good or bad. I did remember that as you drive up to the hotel there are barrels, with yellow caution tape around them. It looks like a water leak and washing. It's been there for several months. When we found out I had my dates wrong, I ask if there was a room I could get. The clerk said, yes but not for the same price , and I could not check in until later, it was around 1:30 pm. So I got out my computer , to check the reservation. While I was checking, a lady came in ask about a room , the clerk gave her a price , she signed in, and got her room. Not sure why it worked that way. also the pool is out of order.

I went down to the Hampton, so far it is fine, cheaper, and the pool works.

Take care,