“Best in Rome”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

After staying at several other locations in the Rome area, this one is my favorite. Check in went smoothly, even though I arrived at a busy time. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was good for a hotel at this price. My only complaint was that the elevator seemed a little slow, not really a big deal considering the hotel is only three or four floors.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dan1184

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Warner Robins, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

We stayed in this hotel because it seemed new and nice enough to stay for a weekend visit to Berry College. We reserved a king room, and we were sent to a room on the second floor. The bed was hard as a rock, and the walls were paper thin. The couple next to us turned on the TV and were talking normally, and we could hear every word until they finally went to bed. Other than that, everything was just decent. We were planning to stay two nights and checked out after one. If you want a good night's rest, don't stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank luckotter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my extended stay here. Our king size bed suite was more than enough space for my family of four. The staff was always helpful and courteous, and the cleaning staff was top notch! We are so glad we chose to stay here.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Cygiant
Norcross, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

Our family stayed at your Holiday Inn Express and Suite in Rome, GA this past weekend. I wanted to let you know what a first-class job Elizabeth did at the front desk. We stayed at this hotel in June and she remembered us! Her customer service and friendly demeanor made us feel welcome and fully taken care of. I wanted you to know what a great job Elizabeth is doing. We will continue to stay at and recommend your hotel when in Rome as well as in other cities.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

I don't usually write reviews unless we have a terrible stay somewhere, but my family and I were so pleased with our visit to the new Holiday Inn in Rome that we wanted to make sure that others found out about it. We stayed one night in a queen bed suite (with a sofabed). Upon checkin, the lady at the counter was very polite and helpful, since I needed to leave a key for my husband, who had forgotten his wallet and would be arriving later. We have a baby and a small child, and were pleased to find that the crib had already been set up in the room when we arrived. The room was large, and it was the cleanest hotel room that I have ever seen. My son says that the sofa bed was comfortable, and they are usually quite hard. The queen beds were also very nice. I also appreciated the blackout curtains, since my husband has difficulty sleeping. One other review said that the walls are paper thin, but we did not find this to be the case. Our baby was having a rough night, and cried for about 15 minutes around midnight. I felt very bad about this, since I knew that there was someone in the room next to us, and hated that we were probably disturbing their sleep. However, the next day, I mentioned this to the lady at the front counter, and she said that our neighbor mentioned to her that she had had a great night's rest. She said that they didn't even know that our baby was in the room. That is pretty impressive, because she was very loud! The breakfast was pretty good the next day too. My son loved the cinnamon rolls. We will be returning to this hotel whenever we need to stay in Rome from now on.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

Fairly new hotel, the staff is very, very helpful, and it's pretty clean on first inspection. I also really liked the fridge in the room and the little bar area was very handy for making myself some light dinner.

However, the walls are paper thin. After being in my first room for about an hour, I asked to be moved to another because I thought the people beside me were being ultra noisy. Room two, same problem....the guy beside me was talking to his family on the phone and I could hear him like he was sitting in my room. Lucky for me, he turned in early and I was able to get a really good night's sleep after that. I will say that the front desk clerk was very accommodating of my request and even apologized for the noise.

My biggest issues are with the maintenance/cleaning. The back step and side walk is all torn up, the pool is a slimy green disaster, and the treadmills in the fitness center sound like they are on their last leg. There also seems to be a lack of attention to detail as far as cleaning is concerned as there was something written on the mirror in the bathroom that became visible when the mirror fogged, there was water/hairspray stains on the bathroom door and fingerprints all over the walls of the elevator, not to mention some mystery stain on the wall paper beside the shower.

If I pass back through, I'll probably give this place one more shot. I'm hoping that I just caught them on an off day.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Rome several times now and have never been disappointed. The hotel staff is friendly and will routinely go out of their way to accommodate you any way they can. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the beds inviting and the free wireless internet is actually very fast (rare to find!). Breakfast is very good (though a little limited) and the hostess does a great job as well. I do wish they would get the pool situation resolved, but the lack of a pool does not deter me from continuing to stay here when in Rome.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business