“Not pleasant”

Jameson Inn and Suites-Riverdale
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Riverdale
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this location because of te consistency of Sleep Inn hotels I had tried in the past. The price was good and the building didn't look that good.
I've even stayed at this location before and it was better then than anything I've experienced now.
The staff is not very friendly. The breakfast is awful. The hotel does not keep it stocked. When something runs out your just out if luck.
The TV in out room didn't work very well. It would take several attempts to even get it to come on. Then there was always a line at the top of the screen.
Also, this location had some of the most uncomfortable pillows I've ever had at any hotel.
I hope then work to get better
I will be looking for another hotel to use when I travel to this area.

• Stayed: November 2012
There are newer reviews for Jameson Inn and Suites-Riverdale

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The housekeeping staff should be fired or properly trained to clean! My first room had two small piles of an unknown substance on my floor (this hotel allows pets so I hope it wasn't poop!). My bathroom sink was the only thing that was clean. The tub was dingy and stained with dirt and my toilet literally HAD NOT been touched.

I complained and was moved to another room. Stepping off the elevator the carpet was dirty and stained. My new room was somewhat better but the bathroom was still dirty. The next morning I inconspicuously watched housekeeping clean. She came in and immediately turned on the water in the bathroom sink, changed my towels, sprayed and wiped the sink and counter top. I guess the running water was suppose to make me think that she was cleaning. When she was leaving I checked the bathroom to see if she had cleaned the soapy hand print from a previous tenant that was present on the shower wall when I checked in. It was still there! I then looked at the toilet bowl to see if the brown streak and bowl ring was still there...you guessed it, they were still there. After she dripped the bowl brush across the bathroom floor, I asked if she had a mop? She stated no and sprayed my floor and wiped it with a towel. I asked if she had a vacuum cleaner, she stated that they "don't have vacuum cleaners." She explained to me that they thorough clean each room at checkout and she had a lot of them that morning. OK, but the problem with that is that I had just checked in and neither of my rooms had been thoroughly cleaned. And having to call her back into my room twice to properly service it is quite ridiculous!

Oh, and the continental breakfast is truly continental. Be prepared to dine out.

On a positive note: The outside grounds and main lobby are well kept and the front desk staff were friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank almondhlth
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I got bumped from my reservation that I made at another hotel close by and this was the only other hotel in the area that I was referred to. I cant really say too much about it because I checked in at 1am and was out as soon as I woke up. The staff was nice and did what they could to give me a room they knew I would like. They all had a very laid back attitude which was cool. I dont know if I would stay here again though because I got a rate that was close to the one here at the Comfort Suites and the Comfort Suites has an indoor pool and whirlpool as well as the bar on the roof.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 247HardWorker
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel overnight between flights at the Atlanta airport. We chose it because it appeared to be a good value. Historically we have been happy with Sleep Inns, including the one on Sullivan Road in College Park and that's where we thought we were staying this time. I had made the reservation at the airport and didn't realize there was a second "airport" Sleep Inn. That other one is just a standard Sleep Inn but is FAR superior to this one.

We knew we were staying at the 'wrong' hotel when the shuttle driver took us on a longer route than we expected. There are many other hotels which are closer to the airport.

We don't know Atlanta very well, but we didn't think this was a safe area. Thank goodness we had decided to eat at the airport before taking the shuttle to the hotel. One of the other reviews says there is a restaurant 1/2 mile away. I don't remember seeing any restaurants within walking distance, but we wouldn't have felt safe walking there anyway.

The staff didn't make us feel any better. First, the driver of our shuttle van told us that he expected a $15 tip because he had had a slow day. We did give him $5 but only because we felt threatened if we hadn't given him anything. Even with that tip, when we got up to the room my wife insisted that we wedge the desk chair up against the door to ensure it could not be opened from the outside. Seriously.

Then, the desk clerk was no better and refused to give us Choice rewards points. We had made the reservation at the airport and I did not specifically ask if it was a qualifying rate because we had paid a similar rate ($52) previously at the other Sleep Inn (the one where I thought we would be staying) and received points. Both the night clerk and the morning clerk said the specific rate plan was too low. After staying there I found similar rates on the internet which were qualifying rates.

And let's not forget the room. It was dated and not clean. Let's just leave it at that. You get the picture. Two of the other reviews reported bed bugs. We didn't see any (but that doesn't mean they weren't there....) The only good bit worth reporting is that the rooms facing the back of the hotel are quiet.

Don't stay here. If it's the only room left in Atlanta, just stay at the airport.

Room Tip: The best tip is: don't stay here. If you must, then ask for a room facing the back. At least...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank T_the_TA
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed at this place for one night and we were really impressed with how clean our room was and the hallway was fresh smelling and looking very clean. We also went to do our laundry and that too was very clean. The beds were fairly comfortable and clean as well. In general I was really impressed with the CLEAN environment. This hotel offers free breakfast but we left too early before breakfast was served. The rooms also have a little fridge and a microwave, as well as a coffee maker.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank musiklef
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Selected this hotel based on proximity to ATL. The clean pool was a nice bonus! Room was clean, as well -- no complaints. Left before breakfast, so I can't comment on that; didn't use the shuttle, either, but teh GPS-assisted drive to the airport in pre-dawn hours was a breeze.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Rooms were unclean, staff did not care. Mattresses had pubic hairs and stains on the mattresses. Stains all over counters etc. LOOK

• Stayed: June 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverdale
Travelodge Forest Park Atlanta South
Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport
Ramada Atlanta Airport East/Forest Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport South
Magnolia Bay Hotel & Suites - Jonesboro
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway

Been to Jameson Inn and Suites-Riverdale? Share your experiences!