“omfg please do not stay here”

Hometown Inn - Riverdale
Hometown Inn - Riverdale
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Riverdale
Revere, Massachusetts
“omfg please do not stay here”
Reviewed February 18, 2011

just to grab your attention, this place has roaches. now that i have youre attention let me just tell you that the service is horrible. we got to this place and they made us stand outside the check in window for 45 mins while the new hire was on the phone and im pretty sure facebook. she said she saw that we were confirmed in the computer, but they overbook the rooms so she didnt have a key for us. while we waited we heard this other woman argue and swear at someone in another room about her cell phone. We finally got our key after about 45 mins. we walked in the room and as I went to the the lock a ROACH fell out of it. I freaked out and looked at the lock. there were 3 more just sitting in it. i almost went to check the bed sheets, but decided not to touch them. I checked the kitchen and there were dead roaches in the drawers and more live ROACHES near the stove. i ran out of there so fast my heals were on fire. besides the roaches, if that isnt enough incentive to run away, the area isnt safe at all. it was wicked sketchy. I guess you get what you pay for, but cheap isnt always better. YUK

• Stayed February 2011
7 Thank theny

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Charlotte
Reviewed May 15, 2008

This has taught me to check the reviews before I stay anywhere

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The price is what tricks you, but then again, that should have been the red flags. As my fellow travelers have said the outside is nice and the young lady at the front desk was helpful the rest of the experience is horrible. We had a total of 4 rooms. When my friend first checked into her room upon opening the door, the room had not been cleaned at all; actually looked like someone was still staying there, the second room was no better. The third room was passable. Another friend staying in a room the shower nob broke off in her hand fortunately she was able to turn the water off because there is no maintenance on duty, the third friened was not so lucky when her shower nob fell off she was unable to turn the water off. As for my room, the light ceiling had 3 bulbs and 2 of them were out; when called the front desk we were advised to remove the bulbs and bring them to the office, after doing that is when we found out no maintenance was on duty and the light bulbs were locked up.

This has taught me to check the reviews before I stay anywhere

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank NEPatsGirl
delaware
Reviewed April 14, 2008

Outside was beautiful. Front desk experience was interesting; 3 people at the desk and it took them 5 minutes to speak to us after they were done with their personal conversation. Inside the room; bedding had black and brown stains, carpet was damp and seemed to not have been cleaned for some time, bathroom door knob was hanging off the door, window curtains did not close all the way. My guest and I cleaned the surfaces of the hotel and found that our sanitary whipes were completely brown/black after cleaning. The shower had residues from past uses and so did the bathroom door, also a bloodied toothpick under the bathroom sink. The microwave was probably the cleanest item in the room. The hotel is more or less a motel of existing Atlanta residents. Not the place for a family vacation. In response to other reviews, the room did reak of disinfectant.

• Liked — Looked great from the outside
  • Disliked — uncleanliness
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank greenizewnk
Charlotte
Reviewed November 7, 2007

....A first cousin of the Bates Motel....this "ExtendedStay (or so I thought it was suppose to be) is terrible!!!!!!! The ExtendedStay Franchise should be ashamed for allowing their business to be represented like this. The front desk office is nice, and of course the outside of the hotel looks well kept, but the rooms are absolutely disgusting. Even the non-smoking room I stayed in was disgusting -- stains, dirt, etc. on the walls, ceiling, recliner, floor, AND the lamp shade!!!!! Bugs were seen throughout the room, even the kitchen area was disgusting. I would not recommend staying at this hotel; even though I only spent $32 on a room at this location, I want a refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KJG0813
Minnesota
Reviewed December 23, 2006

There is one positive point - The lady at the front desk was very polite and friendly and she deserves credit for that- but it is all down hill past the front desk.

This is certainly not what you would expect out of an extended stay hotel. The rooms were small and run down. The neighborhood appeared sketchy, would not feel comfortable going out after dark. In the kitchen the counter was broken and drooping down, there was black and brown gunk growing on the electrical outlet - very dingy - wouldn't cook food in there, refridgerator was a tiny dorm room style beer fridge. The bathroom was dirty, bath mat in tub was peeling up and black mold was growing under the sealant around the bathtub - water was only slightly warm. The bathroom counter had fingernail polish all over it - looked very tacky and dingy - very poorly maintained bathroom. Toilet ran all day and all night and was very loud. Bedroom/living room was run down and in desperate need of renovation - bed linens appeared clean, but the room had a musty smell to it - allergies went absolutely nuts. The cable for the TV was broken and kept falling out of the wall, and when it would stay in the wall the channels were all fuzzy. Carpet was worn out, and there was a doorknob hole in the wall where the bathroom door would open up.

Overall - the place is in need of serious renovation - it is not what you would expect out of an extended stay hotel. Yes it is cheap but I have had better, cleaner, updated accomodations for 10 dollars less a night elsewhere. The staff was friendly - but unfortunately the rooms were a great disappointment. These also appear to be full time homes for some less fortunate people, to be polite.

We left a day early because of the condition of the hotel, and did not feel safe in the neighborhood, and also the mold and musty smell was making me ill - irritating my allergies.

Pay a few bucks more and go elsewhere, its worth it.

• Liked — Nice lady at front desk
  • Disliked — The rooms were rundown and dirty
  • Tips/Secrets — Pay more money and go someplace else
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank hnrutten
florida
Reviewed October 31, 2006

This Hotel is Terrible, there was cigarette burns in the sheets all the way through to the mattress. It looked like the floors had not been cleaned in months by the stains on the carpet. The office closes at 11pm and there is no other security at night. The outside lights in the hallways of the hotel do not work, you have to walk in pitch darkness. One outlet worked in our room. and we got one fuzzy channel. please take my advice and do not stay at this hotel. You will regret it.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not stay here, you will regret it.
  • Stayed October 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank janellebaker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverdale
Jameson Inn and Suites-Riverdale
Travelodge Forest Park Atlanta South
Ramada Atlanta Airport East/Forest Park
Travelodge College Park
Travelodge College Park
#18 of 26 in College Park

Been to Hometown Inn - Riverdale? Share your experiences!