Open today: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

West Palm Beach, United States
Savage

Jonathan G
Cartersville, Georgia

All reviews west rim loop trail interpretive center northwest corner fall foliage hiked down maintained trails breathtaking views bath house great camping fire pit beautiful hike bathrooms were clean worth the effort camping area strenuous hike bring water
Reviewed 5 days ago

We loved it here. Beautiful tent and RV sites. Even cabins a stones throw from the canyon wall. We walked around the canyon rims and it was breathtaking. Then we hiked, and I mean hiked, down to the two waterfalls with lunch. It was worth every step. Its a little exhausting but so worth if you can take the mile down and back up. We will come here here again.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The title of this review was bestowed on Cloudland Canyon by my 11-year-old daughter. We had a blast exploring the trails and admiring the beautiful waterfalls. Of course it is very popular, esp. on weekends (I was surprised at the number of out-of-state license plates in the parking lot), but it's still worth it.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Extremely congested on the weekends. Limits parking areas. The waterfall trail is breathtaking but VERY crowded. We went last weekend to enjoy the falls leaves, and while the trails were lovely, the people walking them were rude and overly loud. Like most hikers, we were looking for tranquility, and sadly found none. I have never seen so many loud hikers in my life. Some were literally screaming for attention. Also, there were lots of people walking their dogs on the trails, and while I love dogs, these dogs were not the type of dogs to walk in public. I almost tripped on three dogs that owners could not control, we saw a dog fight, and a small kid was knocked down by someone's dog on a leash. People, please, if you cannot control your dogs, please do not walk them on narrow, steep trails filled with hikers.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Spent the weekend soaking up this vista. The hiking is excellent with a range of difficulty for every ability.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This state park has beautiful scenery and hiking trails. We walked two trails. The short overlook trail at the top of the canyon basically travels one rim has views from several locations. In October, the entire western portion of the rim that you can see from this trail is lit by sunlight around 9:00 a.m. Be sure to go to the lookout location at the very south end of the trail prior to this time if you wish to see the valley in good, photographic light. From the north, the South Gulch Trail is a gradually ascending one until you get near several waterfalls and a wooden bridge on the trail. You can enter it from the south but have to walk down a steep slope on many steps. In either case, the waterfalls are worth seeing. Enjoyed our 1 1/2 days there tremendously!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been visiting Cloudland Canyon every fall for 10 years. I knew the leaves weren’t at peak but made the short trip from Chattanooga, TN on my day off anyway. Beautiful as always! Bonus - not crowded on a weekday morning!
I visited the main overlook into the canyon & made the short trip down to the waterfall. Peaceful! You can’t see this scenery & not be humbled by the artistic hand of God. @beckslib IG for more pics
-$5 entrance (cash only, I think?)✔️
-bathrooms ✔️
- drink vending ✔️
-easy viewing for those who don’t want to hike✔️
-recommend cane or walking stick for seniors ✔️
-dog friendly ✔️

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Cloudland Canyon was a great place to visit. I took my three kids (12, 10, 8) and we camped in a tent for two nights. We stayed on the west loop, lot #32. It was close to the bathhouse and had plenty of shade. It was very, very busy. Most lots were full. But it was also very quiet. We enjoyed getting to know a couple of our neighbors. The hiking trails to the bottom of the canyon were wonderful and well-marked. We did a little geocaching, too. The bathhouse was clean by campground standards and was heated. Plenty of hot water. The camp store was very convenient. Plenty of firewood and bags of ice. I was really impressed with the store. Disc golf was fun. The course was empty which helped since this was my kids' first time playing. Dollar General store conveniently located about 10 minutes away for buying a ceramic heater after a chilly first night. Most of all, the scenic views are simply amazing. We will definitely come back.

P.S. thanks to Gary and Ryan, State Park employees, for jump-starting my car after we accidentally left a light on overnight. They were so helpful and a pleasure to chat with.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

12 couples shared the east rim. Great sites. Wonderful paved trails to wander. Several brave souls did the hikes on the west rim.
A pavilion housed our meals. Camp hosts Bruce and Ronnie kept the fire going and all trash removed.
Bathrooms are clean, warm and freshly painted. Needs some updating.
Many happy, friendly people from all over made it a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Cloudland Canyon State Park is located atop Lookout Mountain in northwestern Georgia. We visited mid-week. The park wasn't crowded and there was plenty of parking available and. We encountered other hikers, but we were alone most of the time.

The park isn't large. It centers around a steep, but scenic canyon which opens up to the valley below. Rushing water can be heard along the rim. We stopped at the main overlook, and then walked along the rim trail, before descending into the canyon and visiting Cherokee Falls. The waterfall is a pretty cascade which opens into a large pool. Cherokee Falls was a fairly easy walk. There is a second waterfall, Hemlock Falls, about a mile further down the trail. The path to Hemlock falls is fairly steep, with a lot of stairs, so we elected not to visit that one.

The trails are well maintained, with stairs and boardwalks. There is also a disc-golf course and fishing pond on site, but we didn't participate in these activities.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed in the west camping area and I loved it. Camping spots had plenty of room and are not to close to your neighbor!