“Great for a special occasion.”
Review of Canyon Grill

Canyon Grill
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Rising Fawn
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

My family of 5 went to Canyon Grill to celebrate my wife's birthday. We arrived about 20 minutes prior to our reservation and were seated immediately. I was a little surprised that there was no child's menu. The food was great but at $20+ for the children it was a little expensive. I will go back, but not with young children. My wife enjoyed the ribeye with mashed potatoes, but could only eat about half of it. I tried the signature dish, "Slash and Burn Catfish" with the crispy fried yellow squash. The catfish was delicious and a very large portion. The vegetables are fresh and cooked properly. The food is great, but pricing will make this place for very special occasions only.

1  Thank wwilks

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Down the road from the Cloudland Canyon State Park entrance is this very nice restaurant. Very pricey, but very good. I had the twin filets-perfectly done with bleu cheese melted on top and a salad. My kids had chicken tenders, which were probably the best Ive ever tried! Lovely setting on Lookout Mountain- the fall foliage was a bonus!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had eaten at the Canyon Grill 5 years ago & enjoyed our meal very much, so we were eager to try it again when we returned to the area. The restaurant is located just a couple of minutes from Cloudland Canyon State Park. My only complaints are that the chairs were very uncomfortable and the service was a little slow. The food, however, was wonderful. The restaurant is casual and reservations are advised. It is located in a dry county but you may bring your own bottle of wine to enjoy with your meal.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I went to the Canyon Grill for our 21st anniverary. It is located in a very quiet, rural setting. The food was excellent. I had the salmon and grilled okra...wow-both were delicious, but the grilled okra was just out of this world! My wife had the chicken picatta and is was outstanding as well. Service was very good, and the rustic, country setting made for the perfect meal. They do have priority seating, so make sure you check out the website before you go. We wil be back!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went here on the advice of other TripAdvisors. I don't think there's much I could add to the good things that have already been said. The food is delicious, the atmosphere unassuming, and the wine is BYOB. I had a rack of lamb, which was seasonal, and perfectly cooked. My partner had a cowboy ribeye, about 20 oz. and beautifully seared with rich marbling.

It's only about 10 minutes off the Interstate, up the mountain, and it's well worth it.

Been to Canyon Grill? Share your experiences!