“Disappointed”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Ringgold
White Lake, Michigan
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

We booked this Motel because of the price and the reviews were good. The staff was polite and helpful when we checked in and upon first appearance the motel and room were very clean. But the bed linins and bathroom towels were thin and worn and the bed sheets were not fitted and bunched up. The breakfast room only had two tables and was very small. Also the location was about 2 miles from any major restaurants.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Freddy38_10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

This hotel is in a great location but over the last few years staying there when visiting family it has gone done hill drastically.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank 57dm
Highland, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

We stopped here around 1am on our way from MI to FL. We really only needed a place to sleep for a few hours and to eat breakfast. I found this deal of a place and it was clean and very cheap! I paid $53 on priceline for the Friday night. The breakfast was just ok, but they had hot waffles, so it was good to get our family going for the remaining miles to FL. I would highly recommend it for a clean, cheap place to sleep for the night!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

We stopped at Home Town Inn on the way to Florida and it was such a great value and perfect location, we stopped there again on the way home. It's clean, very affordable, and has a good free breakfast. Staff was friendly. In short, it's a perfect stopover!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Key West
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

While traveling between Michigan and Florida we make three stops. This was our second stop and definitely the best. The woman working the desk demonstrated true Southern hospitality. She was so nice when we had trouble with our internet.
The place is well furnished with even a fireplace in the lobby. The furniture in the room was nice and it had a convenient fridge and microwave in a cabinet. The room was large, very clean, and well decorated. It was extremely quiet. Even the bathroom was spacious and attractive.
We have finally found our regular second stop. Now, if we could just find a place like this in Illinois and another in Florida, everything would be great.
Do not hesitate to stay here. You will not regret it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2010

Ringold came up on a "halfway point" along our travels. I searched the area and this hotel fit the bill of what we like. That is, roomy, clean, "like home", kitchen, wifi, etc.. The reviews on TripAdvisor were good, too!

What do I think? I think I'm so glad I found this place! We are currently in our room enjoying the internet, our favorite TV show, supper ready to prepare when we feel like it...LIFE....is....GOOD. :)

First thing I did is go to the front desk and ask for more pillows. They provide three; but my husband likes lots of pillows. I was quickly given two more with a big smile and "no problem" attitude.

The heater warmed the room right up and I put it back down lower to maintain it. Very comfy!

The internet is fine. We're both surfing without event.

It feels like "home" here. We got a room with a kitchen. The room is very large. I'm told that all the rooms are this large...but the rooms with two queens are even bigger!

Our room also has a nice couch in it. It has a large work desk also.

We haven't been to the breakfast yet; but I'm told it's strictly continental, only hot being oatmeal and waffles, no eggs. I'm sure it will be fine.

About the kitchen: It has a full size fridge...like would be in an apartment as opposed to a full sized home; but PLENTY OF ROOM. It has FULL CABINET SPACE! We have plenty of space to put our food and still room lefover to get our coolers out of sight. There is no oven; but there is one stove eye. Plenty! There's also a microwave and coffee maker. Keep in mind for those of you traveling with cooking in mind. There is nothing in the room as far as cooking tools...no utensils, skillets, etc.. If you are going to do any serious cooking, you'll be able to as long as you bring a skillet, a pot, silverware, plates, etc.. Now, with us we were able to serve on the plates they offer in the breakfast room, along with forks from there. I used our plastic containers to warm up (in the microwave) precooked dinner foods that I had cooked up before we left home. Worked like a charm.

The bed is very comfortable. It doesn't have the latest "pillowtop" mattress or "premium bedding + duvet" that many hotels offer; but it's perfectly fine.

The TV is a nice 27" flat screen. Not LCD; but the picture is VERY NICE AND CLEAR. We are enjoying our favorite program on it right now. :)

I have no complaints about this hotel at all. If we come this way with two extra days to spare (we are on a 9-hour drive....and broke it down to getting there in two nights!), we will book here again, WITHOUT A DOUBT!

I normally post pictures and/or a TRIPWOW slideshow with my reviews; but the pictures the hotel offers on the website are perfect and I can't show anything more than what they already show.

If you have any questions, I love to help fellow travelers. Please feel free to ask!

-Stephanie

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

After searching and searching websites and reading and rereading reviews, I settled on the Hometown Inn. I was travelling from Fla. to Wisconsin, Oct.1....and that was the stopover. I also had my Airedale with me. ($10.00 PET FEE) Check in was easy...I had used Expedia, so everything was paid for already. The lady at the desk was helpful in giving
directions to a Sonic that was about 2 miles away.
The place was quiet and very clean...that was the one thing I was really concerned about. The bed was great and the bathroom was very modern..marble counter tops... After reading alot of these reviews on other places i was worried about what I would find...how do some of these places stay open...they sound like filthy dumps. I was pleased with what I found. So much so that I also stayed here 1 week later on my way back to Florida (Oct. 8).
The continental breakfast was just fine. Check out was as easy as check in!

Rest assured.........Book it..........You won't be disappointed.

Steve

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ringgold
Hampton Inn Ringgold-Ft. Oglethorpe
BEST WESTERN PLUS Arbour Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#41 of 96 in Chattanooga

Been to Home Town Inn? Share your experiences!