“Geat Home Cooking”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Eating at Aunt Effie's is like going back to visit your favorite aunt in your hometown, and eating at her table again. The vegetables are delicious! I just like ordering a vegetable plate; so fresh and cooked to perfection. But, the entrees are great as well. And, delicious homemade desserts, and SWEET TEA!! Y'all Come!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Aunt Effies is a traditional American restaurant with simple American food like my Southern momma cooks. The food is good and there is honest down home cooking with fair prices that won't break you. There is not much fancy there, but the deserts are usually interesting and delicious. It's a good everyday kind of eatery with a comfortable ambiance and good service from nice people. Nothing is ever clean enough for me, but this place was fine. If you like that kind of food and service, you will like Aunt Effies. I do!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

It had been a while since I ate here and me and my Mom decided to stop in for a quick bite. I live in Ringgold and this restaurant is very convenient.
I had the hamburger steak with fries and slaw and it was delish.
The wait staff was terrific. Catered to all our needs.
The food was prepared just as we asked and the price is excellent.
A great little meat and two or three restaurant. You couldn't ask for any better food for the money.
If you are in Ringgold, GA give them a try. You will love it!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We live in the area and have heard of Aunt Effie's, but never got a chance to eat there until last week. We loved it. It is just good ole southern down home cookin and friendly service. I had the Aunt Effie special, which was grilled chicken on sourdough toast with grilled onions. Awesome! My husband had country fried chicken and gravy with fried corn and green beans. I only tasted the corn which was very good, but he said it was all very good. We will go back and take our friends. I'm not sure what the negative comments were about. (must have been Yankees :) BTW, I didn't think it was unclean at all. It is an older restaurant and dated, but that is what gives it that "eating at grandma's house" charm. My 96 year old mother eats there a lot and trust me, she wouldn't go back if it was nasty.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Food could have been better it's just a little country restaurant service was poor will not be eating there again!!