“Not the best around...just ok”
Review of Aunt Effie's Restaurant - CLOSED

Aunt Effie's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was having lunch at Aunt Effie's since we are new to the area and trying the local places. The first time it was ok but on the second trip I had a view of the kitchen and saw EVERY plate being placed in the microwave before being served. I was not very pleased with the lack of washing hands and servers piling dirty dishes right beside my seat. Everything is canned and a few things are homemade but I was turned off by the lack of sanitation. Wish I could say more positives. Locals like it because they are always packed.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Aunt Effie's is a great place for nice Southern food in Ringgold.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is a local restaurant that my family and I visit together once a week, every week! The food is all home grown local vegetables with a fantastic assortment of meats including meat loaf to die for, chicken, steaks, ham, seafood, and daily specials. There is also a sandwich selection and salad and soup entrees. The location is just one block I-75 (Ringgold exit) so if your passing through, don't miss a chance to get some real southern food at this fantastic little restaurant. You won't be disappointed in anything you order!!

Reviewed February 27, 2012

My family and I have lived in ringgold for a while now but never visited Aunt Effie's! We decided to go and that was a mistake!! We waited to get service because we were not in dirty boots and camouflauge shirts!! We were dressed very nice and fasionable!! My family and I have never been treated so horrible at a public facility!! Waited 35 minutes for food order , which got took after everyone who sat down after us! Food was cold and we got over charged!!!!!! If you are not a regular do not plan on getting treated like a human , more like a Dog!!!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Nothing nacy, but good homemade type southern food. We ordered meatloaf and grillede chicken, which was served within 3 minutes of ordering ! Cucumber salad was ecellent, the green beans kind of over cooked.

Ordered a slice each of coconut and 'coca cola" cake for desert. huge pieces, very yummy ! Waitress even offered to warm up the chocolate cake.