“Great local restaurant”

Home Plate Grill
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Ringgold
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've eaten here several times and never been disappointed. Everything I've tried has always been good. The restaurant is owned by the same person who owns Choo Choo Barbeque in Chattanooga, so the pulled pork sandwiches are great. It's not just barbeque though, it's basically traditional southern cooking. They have the best strawberry shortcake that I have ever had!

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time visiting this restaurant,and overall it was very good, especially for a very small town. My first impression was it was very sparse, with only small tables along the walls and longer tables in the center. Seemed a little off putting with a child who gets distracted easily. I ALWAYS have us seated in booths for that reason, and it provides a more intimate atmosphere. It felt like the people over my husbands shoulder were watching us eat. So awkward. But moving on to the food. The food was quick, very large portions and delicious. I didn't know what a "corn nugget" was until today, and it is deep fried sunshine! I swear every single person working in this restaurant checked on us, which was sweet. We're new in town, so it was especially nice to feel that small town hospitality. I can't wait to go back.

2  Thank Robin D
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Outstanding menu if your looking for "good 'ole southern cookin". Their corn nuggets are fantastic. Take a hearty appetie on Friday nights for the all you can eat catfish. The first plate full will most likely fill you up but boy is it good! The Thursday turkey and dressing is also very good. I have had many items on the menu and have never been disappointed. Best of all, my glass never gets empty. The service is outstanding. Located in downtown Ringgold. Less than 5 mintues off of Interstate 75 at exit 148. This is where the locals eat.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We have eaten at the Home Plate Grill several times over the last 6 months. They give such large portions that we had not ordered the luscious looking strawberry shortcake. But, we finally did and it was absolutely the best strawberry shortcake I have EVER eaten!! We highly recommend it, even if you just go for the shortcake! The best food all around in our fair city of Ringgold, Georgia's best kept secret. :)

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Everything we ate was like fireworks in your mouth. We had the chicken tenders, turnip greens, Mac n cheese, baked beans, and sweet tea. The portions were very large and the BBQ sauce was wonderful. Remarkable service made it even better. Ask for Suzanne. We topped it off with a bag of locally made kettle corn, which was the best I had ever tasted. This was a meal to remember!