“Excellent stay”

Hampton Inn Ringgold-Ft. Oglethorpe
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ringgold
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a newer hotel, clean and very attractive. Check in was smooth, friendly and efficient. Nicest people ever working the desk! We were in the hotel during Thanksgiving visiting family in the area. Used the very attractive and comfortable lobby as our "living room" Thanksgiving afternoon. The breakfast buffet is a step above the norm and Gina, the very sweet lady working to keep everything stocked and clean is very helpful and friendly. Our room was large and faced the back woods, clean, quiet, comfortable beds, couldn't have ask for a nicer stay. This hotel is just a few dollars more than the others in the area and there is absolutely no comparison!! Close to everything and yet set apart, nice combination. ONE TIP: Getting into the property coming from the interstate, make a left at the Kangaroo Gas Station, (no light but there is a turn lane) go past the gas station and just behind it there's an access road which leads straight to the hotel. We could see the hotel up on the hill but ended up going past it and turning around to come back as they do not yet have a turn lane/access from the opposite side. We were told it has been approved and will be built in the future. Once we knew about the turn in at the gas station it was no problem. Hope it helps you.

Room Tip: We asked for the back side which looked into the woods. Very quiet, received sunrise each morning...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JeanB862

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a new property. My wife and I stayed here one night. We had a room with a mini fridge, microwave, and walk in shower in the large bathroom. If you are passing through and looking to stay outside of Atlanta or Chattanooga, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My family used this Hampton Inn for our annual Christmas get together this past year & absolutely loved it. They were very good about making sure we had what we needed & the night clerk was great-he made sure we (my 4 sisters & myself) had plenty of coffee. We spent most of the night in the (very comfortable) lobby talking & catching up. Christmas decorations were very nicely done & they really outdid themselves on breakfast the next morning. The rooms were well appointed with everything you might need. Will go back!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a newer property and very nice. It is very similar to other Hampton Inns I have stayed at from a property layout and feature perspective. This was my second stay at this hotel and both times have been excellent. Restaurants are mostly in the Fort Oglethorpe area. Turn right out of the hotel.

From a tourist viewpoint, this hotel and the Hamilton Place area are convenient if you don't want to stay downtown. Downtown hotels tend to charge you to park. Hotel taxes are cheaper in Georgia but you are right off I-75 so just a few minutes to downtown. If you are willing to drive to the attractions, consider staying out of downtown. You can always park near the Choo Choo and ride the free electric CARTA shuttle (http://www.chattanoogafun.com/getting-around/member.asp?id=9377)

Sometime in the near future, this hotel should have a shuttle. I don't know what range they will cover with it though.

One downside to this hotel is that the entrance is a bit hard to find. Coming from the highway, you have to drive past it and make a U-Turn. There is a back entrance next to the convenience store but it isn't' well marked or lit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrJoel
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Service: Hit and miss. Day staff was friendly. The night guy spent more time on his phone and didn't seem overly interested in customer service. They also do nothing in particular for Diamond members. That isn't a deal breaker, but it is nice for those of us who spend half the year in Hilton hotels.

Breakfast: Basic Hampton Inn fare. Nothing to write home about, but not horrible.

Room: Average size, bathroom was larger than usual. However cleaning could have been better. The shower floor had black stains from feet on it. The walls are VERY VERY thin. I could hear conversations next door. Also, I found 2 BIG roaches in my room. GROSS!

Hallways: The carpet was stained and smelled like a locker room. Seriously, it was gross! Dingly, nasty, dirty, smelly. Terrible.

Internet: SLOW SLOW SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Did I say slow? I T W A S S L O WWWWWWWWWWW

Overall I was not happy and I will not be back.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank raevyn007
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I've always stayed on the Tennessee side of I-75 when visiting the Chattanooga area.

Not anymore. This is one of the best Hamptons I have ever stayed at - hands down. First, this hotel is easy to find, right off I-75, but it's also quiet - i.e. no freeway noise.

Going 75 south, take exit 350 and turn left to find the hotel. If you turn right, there are a variety of familiar restaurants only a couple of miles away, such as ocharleys, chick-fil-a, and panera. There's also wal-mart and other grocery stores in that direction.

The room was spectacular. It's clean and simple - no unnecessary space but not cramped either. Flatscreens in the rooms, strong water pressure in the shower, and of course the typical hampton beds made my stay worth while. The fitness center has cardio and free weights, and their breakfast area was spacious, with enough sitting for large crowds.

This is my new # 1 in the Chattanooga/North Georgia area. Thanks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stopped on our way to Daytona. Service was excellent, rooms were clean and kids had a great time in the pool! The hotel was a little difficult to find the right turn to enter. If you need a place to eat near the hotel there are a lot of restraunts available but it is a little drive down the road.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ringgold
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ringgold
Super 8 Ringgold
#3 of 6 in Ringgold
Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain

Been to Hampton Inn Ringgold-Ft. Oglethorpe? Share your experiences!