“spa day”
Review of Nirvana Spa

Nirvana Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Nirvana Spa is both a Day Spa and a Members' Club.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

3rd visit here and was underwhelmed. Treatment waiting area by members front door cold in my robe. Daughter wanted to buy a products and asked to sample smell first and refused.All my favorite products discontinued. No beauty taster sessions on offer. Very busy seemed to be no limit to attendees or if so was set at too high level. Tepidarium cold.
On plus sides food nice and nice range of pools.On the whole disappointing as I took my daughter and she did not understand why I had recommended it.
Would need to be offered a discount to re-attend.

1  Thank Penny P
There are newer reviews for Nirvana Spa

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I'm a 6-days a year country member. My experience of Nirvana Spa goes back to their early years in the 90's. Much has changed and many new facilities have been added. I find the indulgence and relaxing atmosphere (as in the quiet areas) a wonderful contrast to the training I do during my visits. There are multiple pools - some to dip, some to work out in - various hydrotherapy options, treatments (for extra cost) and a room where you can lie on shaped, heated stone beds with only the sound of babbling water to listen to. A wonderful contrast to the gym where new cable-based resistance equipment and a wide range of aerobic machines provide you with a great workout laboratory. Attentive, friendly and genuinely interested staff are always on hand to ensure your time is well spent and enjoyable.

1  Thank John_the_Rower
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've been here a few times and live 140m away!! It's worth the drive. It is a day spa, can be very busy and from the outside does not look that pretty (in so much as its not in a country house hotel, or Victorian building) but.....once inside its a joy. We managed 4 hours straight off without even starting on the pools. The Garden Restaurant serves a varied, high quality choice of food, wry reasonably priced, treatments are sumptuous and to a high standard, changing facilities well maintained and plentyfull. It's a brilliant place for friends to meet. Loads of loungers round the pool, amazing hot bed chill out rooms, and the best flotation celestial pool I've ever been to. New Steam and sauna rooms are super modern and plunge pools or ice wash worth a try too. It can get busy and upon arrival if the car park looks crammed don't worry, somehow there is plenty of room for everyone and you never feel crowded. It's not pretentious just a lovely relaxing space....

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I joined the spa 3 membership a couple of years ago and have not had one bad experience. The staff are very attentive and friendly. The food is devine with plenty of choices to suit your taste buds. We often go for the full salad bar which has a lovely selection of cold meats, cheese and fish.

The spa has etiquette rules to enable everyone to enjoy the experience. Unfortunately, this is ignored by some people who think its ok to tear coupons and articles out of the glossy magazines even though they offer a FREE photocopying service! reserve sunbeds for the whole day and not use them. The management have signs everywhere asking for co-operation.

I had a massage by Haley which was so good - didn't want it to end. I also tried the trial waterbed massage - very relaxing its like a jacuzzi pressure without getting wet!

So looking forward to my next visit :)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I am a member and go 6 times a year! Lovely atmosphere and great food too. A real treat to unwind and catch up with friends. Fantastic facilities including gym, jaccuzzi, steam and stauna rooms, lovely swimming pools and a fab outside area with seating and mini jaccuzzi's and a pool.