“Change not always for the better ......”
Review of Nirvana Spa

Nirvana Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Nirvana Spa is both a Day Spa and a Members' Club.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Friendly and welcoming spa, sometimes a little too crowded.Have recently changed the treatment areas and not as relaxing environment as it was. Now you check in at reception in an area chilled by open doors and wander upstairs to a dingy small treatment reception area. The restaurant is of a good quality and the facilities clean and well cared for.However as a long term member I have seen the atmosphere/spa environment decline gradually.

1  Thank janeh47

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I am a monthly member and I go as reularly as possible, sometimes going for extra days... It is a very restful relaxing day. However it isn't all restful since I go for a swim a thrash round in the big "Swordfish" pool and have a few sessions in the steam room and in the Jaccuzzi... I arrive at 9am and go into the steam room for a specified time..After this time I shower and spend some time in the Bubbling Jaccuzzi. I do a series of Steam/Cooldown and finish at 11am. I am then ready for a Cappuccino coffee and some toast. I go to the huge turbulence pool and thrash around for a while then swim in the nice pool......By now my stomach is telling me it is lunch time so I go to the garden cafe where I get "my table" each time I go...There is a supreme buffet where you can load your plate with healthy food, I tend to major on the fish but often I am offered the beef or the turkey. I have glass of wine and a bottle of water. The staff make a pleasant fuss and I sit and talk to Ron and the girls. I often talk to people on tables nearby since a number of us are regulars. After lunch, I find a lounger in the main area and read the newspapers and magazines....Sometimes I take a book to read or work out a new website in my file. I generally doze for a while and at 4.30pm I am ready to get dressed and return home...The time has flown by and I have had a great day,....Nirvana helps me because I am an asthmatic so I find a few visits to the steam room helps me with my breathing......

I recommend Nirvana especially for the facilities, food and friendships........and I sleep well at night !

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Having visited the spa a few years ago, when I was asked what I would like to do for a birthday treat, I decided I would like to go again. I was not disappointed! It was just as memorable as my first visit with some lovely new additions. There is so much to do there. My only criticism, as mentioned by other reviewers, is that you keep the same towel and robe all day. The robe being quite thick, gets very wet and uncomfortable by the end of the day. By reading the reviews, it seems you can get replacements but that should be made clear when you register. On with the positives.... Every-where is spotlessly clean and you are aware of people checking up on this all the time. The floatation pool is brilliant - well worth a visit and so relaxing. Emily was lovely when I couldn't quite be brave enough to 'let go' at first. The treatments are lovely. I had a good facial but my massage with Catherine was the best I have ever had. She was really brilliant. When I next go I will see if I can get her again. I love the trepidarium with the heated loungers. The pool with the jets is also really great fun. Had a walk in the garden and some brave souls were in the hot tubs (It was the first beautiful day for so long!) Didn't try the steam room and saunas but my husband did and thoroughly enjoyed them. The food was lovely. We had a day experience and included in that was a voucher for £10 for lunch with as many free drinks Hot or cold as you wanted through the day. We had a good choice of cold meats, cheese and fish as we wanted and then an excellent selection of cold salads to go with this, plus a lovely crusty roll. I also felt the toiletries in the shop were very reasonably priced. I bought a delightful smelling Jojoba and White Musk hand cream for £2! All in all, with just a tweak re the towels and bath robe can't wait for my next visit.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was my fourth visit and just as enjoyable as the others. My daughter is now a member and took me as her guest. The only negative on this visit was that it was extremely busy it was a Friday, WE started off in the hydro pool then steam and sauna rooms, after reading the instructions in the steam area we should of started off there and ended up in the hydro pool. We then went to the members pool and had a long swim, it was a lot less busy in theis area as the main pool every sunbed was being used.
We had lunch at 1.00 again even though most tables were taken our lunch arrived fairly prompt.
We then went and had a jacuzzi, then dried off and changed as our robes and towells were wet, i do think it should be a lot easier to replenish your towell and robe and not have a charge for the towells.
We then went to have our treatments, i had an eye treatment from l the germaine de cappuchino range which was amazing and my daughter had a facial, the therapist we had were extremely good. i then had a back aromatic massage and the girl was very proffessional. The therapist have improved since we first started going there three year ago.All the treatment rooms are warm and plenty of space in them.
We then went in the hot bed room which was so relaxing, my daughter fell asleep, i read.
When we came to check out at 5.30 there was a very long queue and only two receptionist working so we did have to wait quitea while, but as we only live 15mins away i didnt mind too much.
We have been to many spas all over this country and abroard and this is still our favourite.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Let's be honest - Membership here is expensive in comparison to other 'spa' facilities, though there are different options available to allow those who don't want to foot a massive monthly fee. You do, however, get a lot for your membership fee. I chose to have the £22 a month option that then gives me 12 visits a year - I make a complete evening of a visit staying for abuot 4-5 hours.

This is by far the most expansive spa facility I have ever been to and after several visits I am still fairly sure there are pools and areas I have yet to explore. The gym is sufficent and well equipt, although additional membership fee will get you access to a much more advanced gym facility on the same site if that's your thing. I particularly like the way that there are very different areas from places you can chat, to those where one must preserve the silence. Similarly, there is a fitness pool for serious swimmers, a pool for relaxing strokes, hydrotherapy pool for bobbing while having a water massage and cold plung pools for those who want some physical pain.

There are a small range of treatments available - mainly focusing on theraputic relaxation rather than results based skincare. There is an additional charge for these.

The food here is quite expensive, especially considering it is only sold to members, but reliably good quality. I recommend the salad bar option as being the best value for money. The cost of a hot drink is high, and I feel given that they have a captive market in people who get thirsty visiting the gym, this is a shame and let's it down somewhat.

On the whole, the place is always spotlessly clean and well maintained. There is also a wide range of retail products to buy, with ranges by brands that cater for all budgets.