May Fields Guest House
$96
$100
$84
  • Pool
Travelodge Winnersh Triangle(Winnersh)(Great Value!)
$59
  • Pool
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsb bpaul lesleyhome from homebreakfast roomfantastic hostsfood intolerancescomfortable bedvisiting the areaa lovely place to stayquiet cul de sacfrom australiagreat showerfull englishlarge bathroomground floorshort breakstayed nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2013

After lots of research of Local Hotels and Guest Houses, I booked my friends who were coming over for a long weekend from Dubai into the Mayfields Guest House. I am so happy that I made the right choice. They thoroughly enjoyed their stay at Mayfields. Paul and Lesley were the perfect hosts, so kind, helpful and friendly. The Bedroom (Loddon) was really stylish and beautifully decorated. My friends said the breakfasts were excellent too. It is located just a few minutes walk from Nirvana spa, and within walking distance to the Walters Arms and Sainsburys. I will definitely be booking all our future guests into Mayfields!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Mayfields4, Owner at May Fields Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for your very positive review, it is most appreciated. We were pleased that your friends enjoyed their stay at May Fields Guest House, and we hope that when in the UK again, they will choose us for their accommodation.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

From the moment I rang to book my short Bank Holiday stay at May Field Guest House, I knew we were going to be looked after. I think it's fair to say that the ancient art of customer service certainly still exists and nothing was too much of a hassle for Paul and Lesley, we simply had to ask....

Amazing value for money, super comfy and hospitality that is second to none, that's what you can expect from your stay at Paul and Lesley's lovely B&B. When I rang to book a few days ahead of our stay, Paul even recommended a local pub up the road for dinner and he made the reservation for us.

I wanted to get away for the last May Bank Holiday weekend and Paul and Lesley certainly played their part in making our accommodation away from home hassle free, which meant we could focus on enjoying ourselves and we didn't need to worry about a thing.

If you're considering staying here over other local B&B's and if Paul and Lesley have availability to look after you - let me make this easy for you.....stay at May Field Guest House!

Room Tip: I can only recommend the room I stayed in. If you're a couple and want a room with your own ensuite, the Thames room is perfect. Plenty of space and not pokey. Tastefully decorated and comfy bed!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your very positive review, it is most appreciated. We were pleased that your triple weekend went so well, with a visit to Nirvana Spa, followed by a delicious meal at the Walter Arms then chilled out at May Fields Guest House, both a short walk from the Guest House.

We hope that if you are in the area again in the future and in need of accommodation, you would choose May Fields Guest House.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed over twice during the same trip to the UK, Poland and France . Lesley and Paul made us feel very welcome and were very helpful in recommending places to see and visit. The rooms are warm, clean and comfortable and good value for the area which is peaceful yet close to every thing you could need. Take an early morning walk to see the park, local village and the river.
Would thoroughly recommend to anyone visiting the area Thanks again Lesley and Paul for your help and a very comfortable stay, Geoff & Bec from Australia

Room Tip: all the rooms are good but go for the ensuite rooms for convenience.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your very positive review, it is most appreciated. It was really good that you visited us again at the end of your trip around part of Europe, and you must have stayed in many other establishments during that period, therefore it was pleasing to receive such a positive review.
We hope that when you visit the UK again, you will stay at May Fields Guest House, and maybe this time the weather will be more kind!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

May Fields was recommended by a friend when we booked a day at the nearby Nirvana Spa.

Less than two minutes up the road from the spa after a relaxing day, we needed somewhere to flop down and not re-stress.

Paul and Lesley have got it bang on the nail. A cheery welcome, quick check-in, and then off to a beautiful double room ( We had Emmbrook) with en-suite.

First thing that struck us was the cleanliness - it was superb to the very last detail.

The room was spacious, quiet, and finished to a very high standard - no sign of any cast-offs from other parts of the house.

The second thing that struck us was the comfortable bed. Soft and supportive, with good quality linen. A great night's sleep, thank you.

But it gets better. We wanted somewhere to eat, and our hosts booked us into a great pub , the Walter Arms , 7-8 minutes away if we walked. Great food, service, and atmosphere, and even a free bottle of very decent house white thrown in.

Breakfast next morning had a wide choice of cold and hot items - the cooked food done to a very high standard,and served in a small, but informal and welcoming breakfast room.

We will certainly go again, and recommend it to friends.Lesley and Paul are charming hosts who know how to look after you without fuss.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are en-suite, but the shared bathroom we saw was excellent, so don't let that put you off if the en-suite rooms are booked when you call
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your very positive review, it is most appreciated. We were pleased that your 'triple weekend' visit went well with your relaxing visit to Nirvana Spa, your delicious meal at the Walter Arms and then chilling out at May Fields Guest House, all within 5 minutes walk of the Guest House.

We hope that you will visit us again when the need arises.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've stayed twice now with Paul and Lesley when I've been to stay in Reading, usually for 3-4 days at a time. They made me feel welcome immediately on the first visit, and welcomed me back like a family member on the second stay. This is a B&B that competes with high-end boutique hotels - phenomenally clean, well presented, with service that goes above and beyond, right down to the Imperial Leather body wash in the shower, all for the price of a very reasonable B&B. This isn't just the best B&B I've ever stayed in (and I've stayed in dozens, if not hundreds), but ranks up there with some of the 5* hotels I've stayed in, at a fraction of the price. I really can't recommend Mayfields highly enough.

Room Tip: Just ask Paul and Lesley - they'll get you the best available room they have.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Mayfields4, Owner at May Fields Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for your very positive review, it is most appreciated, especially from someone who has travelled to so many places in the world, and stayed in so many hotels, guest houses and B & B's. We hope that you will choose May Fields Guest House again, when in the area in the future. We wish you all the best. Kind regards Paul and Lesley