“Lovely property”

Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sindlesham
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here May bank holiday weekend, my first time although my partner is here monthly for work. However this is not your usual ‘soulless’ corporate hotel even though business travellers are obviously its main midweek market.
The hotel is formed around a converted old mill, an attractive well maintained property with very clean and pleasant public areas. The hotel even has its own pub with a large beer garden, perfect for the warmer weather. The ample free secure parking is a bonus.

We booked an executive room which was furnished to a very comfortable standard, tasteful decoration and an extremely comfortable bed. The bathroom was clean and modern with an OK shower. I would highly recommend paying extra for an executive room as from my partners’ experience the standard rooms are perfectly acceptable but not as well appointed.
Breakfast was included which is of the buffet format. I was really impressed with the hot and cold offerings, very attentive cheerful morning staff who are constantly replenishing the buffet. In fact throughout the stay all the staff were courteous and friendly, especially one of the receptionists Jade who was extremely accommodating, warm and easy going.

For longer stays the hotel is across the road from extensive parkland which is great for a quiet stroll, families or those travelling with a pet.
This is lovely property and we are very much looking forward to returning, for both business and a relaxing break.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for an executive room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CatandCrow
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

CatandCrow,

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found that our hotel was the perfect place to stay. I’m very happy that everything you experienced with us was excellent and you found our team members to be nothing but professional and friendly. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto Jade, I’m sure she will love hearing that her hard work is appreciated. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here for two nights with friends. We had a large and comfortable room in the older part of the hotel. We did upgrade our room and it was worth every penny. We were aware of noise from the pub on Saturday evening (our room was above the pub) but they close promptly and the beds were so comfortable we slept through it all.

The hotel was full over the weekend and very busy which we thought might cause a few problems especially at breakfast but it didn't the food was constantly replenished and tables cleared very quickly.

The staff really are so friendly and helpful - we had a few minor problems and the lady from Pontypridd on reception and the duty manager on Friday went out of their way to sort them out - nothing was too much trouble.

Good breakfast, large selection and plenty of helpful staff.

We ate in the poachers pub one evening, typical pub grub menu, but good pub grub with a lovely atmosphere.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: we upgraded and were very happy but our friends didnt and they were equally happy
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Alicepembrokeshire,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review of your time in our hotel. I am very pleased to read that your stay was so comfortable and everything was to your liking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Greeted by pleasant lady at reception, upgraded to an executive room which was spacious and with a comfortable bed. Slept well and shower was good but could have been better for a 4* hotel.

Breakfast for £10 if booked at check-in, good choice buffet style.
Bar in evening had pleasant atmosphere. Staff friendly.

Same pleasant lady on reception at check out. Ample parking.

Overall very good and would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank vaughan w

Vaughan W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am very pleased to read that your time with us was excellent and you enjoyed all aspects of your time here. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Every year we the members of Royal Guernsey Golf Club stay at this Hotel and I also stay at other times of the year. For a large Hotel the staff are always friendly and helpful. The Welsh lady on reception particularly helpful as is the Portuguese restaurant manager.The breakfast is all you can eat and well cooked. Rooms are spacious and always clean and the Poacher pub behind the Hotel good value food and drink. Recommended. Mike Vaudin.The Judge.Guernsey.

Room Tip: Upgrade to executive room or get a riverside room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheJudge546
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Mr. Vaudin,

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us, highlighting our team members, rooms and breakfasts as being great quality. I have personally passed on your kind comments to Andrea in reception and Jorge our restaurant manager. I trust that the team and myself will have the opportunity to welcome you all back next year.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights on the 31st May to visit my brother and his family who live in nearby Woodley. The hotel was lovely. After reading reviews we upgraded to an executive room and it was well worth it. The staff were very friendly (special thanks to Jenny and her reception team, and Jesus in the bar). Our only gripes were that the drinks were VERY expensive (6 drinks over £35) and although the Poachers Pub was a nice looking place, the blaring music put us off, as we felt it was aimed at a very young crowd (which unfortunately we are not!). Apart from that, we would give the Hotel 8/10, and hope to go back next year.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan J

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us especially your executive room. I will be sure to pass your thanks on to Jenny in reception and Jorge Jesus our restaurant manager. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while visiting family and nearby Nirvana Spa. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast was plentiful and the service very quick. We ate at The Poachers pub just behind the hotel which we enjoyed. The hotel is not far from reading and there is a large cinema complex about 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank nicole k
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Nicole K,

Thank you for writing a review of your time. I am very pleased to read that you received everything you required from our hotel and you enjoyed your time with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights over bank holiday weekend.

We were upgraded to an Executive room on top floor. Skylight window but it provided enough daylight in room.

Bed comfortable with selection of pillows.

Plenty of hot water for shower both morning and evening.

Breakfast was delicious with wide range of food to suit all tastes.

Free wi fi slow but at least it worked in the bedroom.

Have stayed at this hotel previously and will be happy to do so in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013

PearlyPotter,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Niall.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sindlesham
Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10
Pheasant Inn Hotel
#3 of 3 in Winnersh
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11

Been to Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel? Share your experiences!