“great place to stay”

Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sindlesham
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I don't normally write reviews but just had to comment on this hotel because the staff are awesome and really go the extra mile. Everything was great and Jenny on reception was fab - even helping us figure out a running route nearby! Waiter really bothered and it made a tremendous difference. Thanks for a great stay! :)

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank C B
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

C B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed everything about your time with us and found our team members to be especially helpful. I will share your kind words with the team member in question and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Regular visitor to the Moat House
Food - Good
Interior - Slightly tired in places
Staff - Pleasant and friendly
Rooms - Reasonable size and well equiped
Location - Superb for access to Reading, resturants in Lower Earley and business parks

Room Tip: Food in the pub is cheaper than food in the restaurant
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank john p

John P,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding reception in may. The hotel check in was smooth and the room we were allocated was lovely. We had upgraded to an executive room which was in the old part of the building but was very clean, well decorated and comfortable. There was a little noise from the TV in the room next door in the afternoon but apart from that it was very quiet. Breakfast was pretty good and the only thing I would have had that was empty were the danish pastries. The cooked breakfast was being filled up as the restaurant was quite busy. Staff were all friendly and polite. There is a nice pub next door that serves a good range of food that is tasty and reasonably priced. I would be happy to stay here again in the future and would recommend it to other people wanting to stay in the area as I have nothing negative to say about my stay. The hotel was easy to find and had ample car parking.

1  Thank VicandSteve2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to be to your liking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. Got a very cheap discounted rate as my girlfriends mum works here which was great! Only £25 per night! The room was modern, with a very comfortable bed, nice bathroom with a bath and shower, LCD TV with plenty of channels! Free WIFI and PC with Internet access available.

The staff were extremely helpful, friendly, polite and efficient throughout our stay, from the moment we checked in until we checked out. The hotel is situated in a lovely location on a pleasant stream. Very close to the motorway (A329/M4) and Winnersh IQ (Hotel offers a complimentary shuttle bus service).

There is a very nice pub located next to the hotel and is run by Best Western too. I'm afraid I can't comment on the food at the hotel as we did not have any, however the menu seemed very good with plenty of choice and a large wine list, however the prices were slightly high, (£14.95 for a Traditional Full English Breakfast with a £3 tray charge for room service, so £17.95 just for breakfast in bed).

Overall a lovely hotel, which would be great for events or for business customers (which it seems to be mainly aimed at), who would not mind the menu prices. I would definitely recommend this hotel for special occasions or business stays, due to its location and level of service!

1  Thank Aniel S

Aniel S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. Great to hear that you would not hesitate to recommend our hotel to others and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

What a great find, I have stayed in most if the hotels in the area on business. And as soon as I arrived a got a warm welcome. The rooms are very quiet and comfortable with a cosy feel. The bar and restaurant is great and the choice of a pub to go to for a drink and bar snack was very welcomed. Staff were all friendly and will be making the effort to come here again.

Room Tip: First floor rooms were really nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JonathanR294

JonathanR294,

It was a pleasure to receive your complimentary feedback - in particular regarding the friendly and helpful staff. Naturally it was pleasing to read that you enjoyed the facilities and service, and that we compare favourably with other hotels in the area.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here over the bank holiday weekend whilst visiting our daughter at university. What an excellent find this hotel is. Will definitely return, wish we had found it sooner. Bed really comfy, room we had was very quiet so had a great nights sleep. Breakfast excellent, staff friendly and welcoming. Lovely setting by the river. Highly recommend.

2  Thank 29Poppy

29Poppy,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and I am very pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay.

Your positive comments regarding the hotel, its location, service, facilities and friendly staff have been shared amongst the whole team and we look forward to welcoming you back for future visits.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here for the night whilst on a mystery weekend and were not disappointed with the hotel or the service.. The reception staff were pleasant and efficient and we were quickly checked in. Our double room was warm, clean and spacious with everything you needed and, despite the hotel being very busy with a wedding party, was very quiet. However, the bed was the worst we have ever slept in...it 'dipped' badly in the middle and was uncomfortably hard and, had we been staying more than the one night, I would have had to complain. The dinner and breakfast next day were very good with ample portions and a good choice of items. The bar prices were pretty expensive and the Poacher's pub behind the hotel wasn't much cheaper but was ok for socialising after dinner.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kargo1340
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Kargo1340,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our team members to be efficient. I’m sorry to read that your bed was uncomfortable and I will send someone from housekeeping to ensure there are no problems with the bed although for a hotel our size it is very difficult to cater to everyone’s personal preferences. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,
Niall.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sindlesham
Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Hilton Reading
Hilton Reading
#2 of 31 in Reading

Been to Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel? Share your experiences!