“Good hotel for conference facilities and short stay.”

Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sindlesham
stoke
“Good hotel for conference facilities and short stay.”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Attended a works conference - good facilities.

Staff were helpful, however, reception a little slow at times due to lack of staff.

Has a "pub" to the rear of the hotel which is part of the overall establishment, this is a good idea as it provides a break from normal hotel "experience".

Car park is prone to flooding in certain areas due to its location adjacent to the river - would recommend that the drainage needs to be improved.

Rooms clean at the time of my stay and well presented with good facilities.

Would return if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Mikie346,

Thank you for the recent review you wrote of Best Western Reading Moat House.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments about the car park have been noted for further consideration. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Niall.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
Chesham Bucks
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Upon arrival we parked in the main car park which was some 50 meters from the hotel and not very well lit, also it was a little messy as it had been raining and the surface was a bit muddy. We walked to the reception which was impressive and where checked in efficiently and all the facility’s where explained to us by the welcoming receptionist. The reception area has plenty of space and well kept giving a good impression of what was to come.
We stayed one night in room 310 the room was clean, modern and bed was comfortable with everything in good working order. The bathroom and shower where excellent and the view was over countryside at the rear of the hotel, so there was no noise from traffic or other guests.
Breakfast was first class with good service and if the quality is as good in the dining room. Check out was again efficient. Overall impression was a well-run hotel with good service and food at a reasonable price so we would stay again if in the area.

DennisJackieW,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us including our facilities. I will pass your kind words to our team members about the quality of their service. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Niall.
Cheshire
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Booked a one night stay to visit relatives in London the next day. Hotel was very clean, room was very good and enormous bed very comfortable. Booked bed, breakfast and evening meal package (allows £23 per person towards the evening meal) which was very good value for money, though I was disappointed with the steak pie, which was not available as they had a special which was listed as steak in red wine, described to me a steak and vegetable, but turned out to be steak and mushroom which I would never order. That said the food was good and plentiful. Breakfast was very good with plenty choice.
Overall a good value stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dave_pCheshire,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with our hotel. I’m sorry about the confusion with your meal but I’m glad you still enjoyed it. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Market Drayton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I booked this through the KGB web site as a £99.00 for a 2 night bed & breakfast offer. We needed a hotel near to the Sandhurst/Camberley area as we were visiting family there. On arrival we went to check Even though I had booked my stay direct with the hotel for 4 nights they had only allocated our room for a 2 night stay. This didn't prove to be a problem and we were told we could keep the same room for the other 2 nights. We were on the top floor (4 floors) with a back room overlooking the rear of the hotel. The room and facilities were all very good. We chose to eat in the hotel that evening as the menu offered a meal deal for two which appealed, The meal itself was beautiful and proved a good choice and the service was excellent with very polite & helpful staff. However haven chosen to eat there the 2nd night and opting for the same meal choices we were disappointed when the food was not as good as the previous evening. Maybe a change of chef that evening was attributed to this but it put us off from eating there again. Breakfast was buffet self service and excellent with a fantastic range of the usual full English, fresh fruits, pastries etc and was always topped up as required. If I had any niggles it would be that they served only tea to your table, coffee was from thermal dispensers in the main restaurant and you had mugs not cups & saucers. The hotel is obviously very popular for conferences, meetings etc so this is probably more suited towards the corporate end of hospitality. My only other criticism was the usual door banging late at night or in the early hours of the morning, However I guess this can be put down to some guests total lack of respect for any fellow guests staying on their floor and already in bed! If you are looking for a place that is convenient to M4/Reading/Wokingham and can get a deal like the one we managed to then I can highly recommend it. At full price I think it would not really be good value for money.

LittleBrucie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us. I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found it to be comfortable as well as the food of a high standard and good value. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in near future.

Kind regards,

north west
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We made a last minute booking on Late Rooms.com and got a very good price for the night. The hotel was clean, comfortable and very good value. The staff were very attentive. Ate at the pub attached to the hotel. Found the prices in there a little steep (2 burger & fries and 2 pints of cider were nearly £30).
Talking of prices - we booked here because you could take dogs. Some hotels I looked at made it clear on Late Rooms that a charge was made, this hotel didn't. It's not that we objected to the £5 charge, but it would have been nice to know about it beforehand.
Another tip - we didn't book breakfast in advance as we thought £14.95 was a bit expensice (as I don't have the biggest appetite first thing). When we got there the receptionist asked if we wanted to upgrade to breakfast at £10, which we did, so hang fire and you likely will get the same offer.
All in all a very, very pleasant stay and would stay again if we are back in the area.

Roversrus,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I’m pleased to read that your stay with us was comfortable and excellent value for money. I hope to welcome you all back again soon so you can have another pleasant stay.

Kind regards,

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed over the weekend with a coach party.
Staff very pleasant. Food was good, rooms as expected, but menu was very very poor.
Breakfast turned to farce, wrong name on designated tables left our party scattered, some standing up to eat in the bar while the tables we should have had were unused. No one knew what was going on. Bacon and eggs ran out. Toasters were a joke.
Management were apologetic, but it spoiled our weekend.
Attention to detail is required. Not difficult!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
QMHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Kenneth H,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay. I’m pleased to read that on the whole you enjoyed your stay but I would like to extend my apologies about the issues you found at breakfast. As it is a very busy time of day for us it can often be difficult to ensure that the food is replenished and that guests are seated where they should be. However, this is something we will focus on when training our restaurant team.

I hope this incident has not marred your view of Best Western Reading Moat House and you will return to us in the future.

Ulceby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed here for one night with 3 colleagues as I was away for a business meeting. The hotel is within easy reach of the motorway and first impressions were good. There was ample parking althought the car park itself could do with some work as the part where I parked was more muddy than tarmac. Check in was painless and the staff were friendly and helpful.
As we didn't arrive until 2100 we chose to eat in te pub which is attached to the hotel. The menu was fine and quality of food was good.
The room was spacious and clean with the usual facilities you would expect (iro/tea making etc) and the bed was very comfortable.
Breakfast was excellent with a choice of english and continental, again staff were helpful and efficient.
All in all this was a great place and I would glady return either on business or with my partner.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rickandlisa999,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with our hotel. I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and would stay again. I’m glad our team members delivered quality service to you and your room was to a good standard.

Niall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sindlesham
Holiday Inn Reading - M4, Jct 10
Best Western Reading Calcot Hotel
Pheasant Inn Hotel
Pheasant Inn Hotel
#3 of 3 in Winnersh

Been to Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel? Share your experiences!