“Good BBQ but...”
Review of The Pit - CLOSED

The Pit
Description: Variety of great food in an awesome atmosphere. From hamburgers, speciality sandwiches, salads, to steaks, BBQ and fried green tomatoes. Meat done on the chargrill or in the smoker. We have 8 televisions so you will be able to watch your sport team or show. On Friday and Saturday we have live music, from country, rock-n-roll, southern rock to the blues.
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Service! We know the owners and still sat for an hour on a semi-busy night. The food is good but I don't like to wait for BBQ. I know 100 places in SC, NC and GA that do a better job serving. The food is worth the wait but just barely.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We went to The Pit at the suggestion of an employee at the nerby hotel we were staying at. I'm glad we took the 15 minutes to drive there from our hotel, even though it was late and we were all rather tired. When we got there, our friendly waitress informed us that they were out of many items (ribs, smoked wings, brisket), it being Sunday night after a busy weekend for them (you can't just go and quickly smoke some more meat... When it's gone, it's gone). We had been in the mood for some BBQ, so we were disappointed. However, we decided to stay and pick something else off the menu. Fortunately, they were not out of the pulled pork, so we both ordered that. It was fantastic! I've had great pulled pork at a few places and bad pulled pork at many more. This was great pulled pork... Meaty, tender, not too fatty. And the homemade vinegar-based BBQ sauce was very good as well... Very flavorful.

Based on another review on TripAdvisor, I ordered the baked beans as one of my sides. They were quite good. The jalepeno bits in it added a nice flavor.

Everything was very good at The Pit, including the service, and we look forward to trying it again the next time we are traveling through the area. Hopefully we will get a chance to try the ribs, brisket and smoked wings... Based on the pulled pork, I expect them to be excellent as well!

Reviewed January 13, 2012

While on our drive back to Florida I wanted to find a good BBQ place to eat. Our internet search led us to The Pit. The Pit is about 7 miles off of I-75 which only makes about a 10 minute drive, but I think worth it.

There are many selections to choose from off the menu and the employees are very friendly. My fiance and I each had the ribs. These ribs had alot of meat on them! Our sides were the potato salad (home made) which was very smooth and the baked beans. The baked beans had a nice twist to them. Besides the jalepeno mixed in to give the beans just the right kick, the beans also had a taste of chili. A little chili is put in to give the beans a real nice taste. Of course we got the sweet tea to go along with our meal.

When passing through Rincon, GA, I would defenitely stop in for some BBQ.