“Love the staff!”

Savannah, Georgia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the staff!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I come here at least once a week with my 18 month old daughter. As soon as I walk in I am greeted and seated. Every member of the staff at some point during my meal come and ask how i am doing and if I need anything. I love that they even interact with my daughter! Most restaurants hate kids my daughters age it seems, especially if it's justs me and her (like usual). I love my experience every time I come and I will (obviously) be back!

• Visited February 2013

Richmond Hill, Georgia
“It pains me to write this...”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I suppose these folks are pretty good most of the time. My wife and I eat here about twice a year. We have never done the Teppanyaki/Hibachi Grill before. We typically eat in the sit-down area and have a good time. The quality of the sushi is good (not great) and the value is OK (not great).

I decided to take my wife to the Hibachi side for Valentines day this year. Apparently, the management of this restaurant (which allegedly changed about a year ago) doesn't understand Valentines Day to be a time when people like to go out and treat their beloved to a nice entertaining dinner and a show. This would normally qualify for both.

There are two sets of two grills at this restaurant - enough to accomodate up to 36 guests at a time. This night they had one chef. ONE. Valentines Rush and ONE chef. Same chef prepares the meals in the back and then "performs" at the grill. With an average of 20 minutes at each station, this ONE chef took over an hour and twenty minutes to cycle through the four seating areas.

Our order was forgotten. The show was horrible (he did a 30-second demontration with a spatula followed by a poor Mount Fuji and had a tacky doll which extinguished the flames. He had little dialogue. The rice wasn't completely cooked. Our vegetables AND APPETIZER were served between one entree' and the forgotten entree' (we ordered steak and shrimp for two).

Things didn't seem to fare better in the restaurant side where a very young, inexperienced sushi chef looked like he was going out of his mind. The two waitresses (serving BOTH sides) kept saying "So busy! So busy!"

I won't one star this restaurant because I understand the dire circumstances they were in last night. I don't accept it, though, either. At least one couple walked away after waiting for over an hour before their drink order was even delivered. They sat us at a table where the plates from the previous dinner were still lingering. Just very poor professionalism, bad service, bad planning, and OK food. I recommend the menu-ordering side of the restaurant when they are even perceived to be remotely busy.

• Visited February 2013
“Good food, good show”
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

Dinning habachi grill-side is good entertainment with good food. The show is fun for the family and our chef was very engaging with us. The food had vey good seasoning and was cooked to perfection. The meso soup left a little to be desired but the overall experience was very good. It is a place one can forget about due to its location, but it is well worth the effort to give it a try. The staff are friendly and the place is kept clean, which is always an added plus.

Richmond Hill, Georgia
“Good sushi at a very reasonable price.”
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I ate at this restaurant with my husband. It was our first night out in a while, and we definitely chose a good place. The sushi was very fresh. My only concern is that they weren't very busy- I just hope they are able to stay open!

Savannah, GA
“Bad Sushi”
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I haven't eaten here in years. A couple of years ago, I ordered sushi (rainbow roll) and got food poisoning. I did go back a few months after I got sick, but I didn't order sushi (of course).

My husband likes the place... but then again he doesn't eat sushi.