“Pleasant Surprise!”

Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a trip to Daytona Beach, Fl. We stayed on the way down and back. We were very pleasantly surprised at the condition of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Had no complainants! We stayed both nights on our Hilton Gold points! No better way to travel! Great beds and very clean! Also, right off 1-95. Great dinner at Ruby Tuesdays, right across from the hotel!

Room Tip: We always prefer an upper floor! Only two floors here!
1  Thank beachgofer
mike031, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear beachgofer,

Thanks a lot for your recent stay at our Hampton Inn Savannah- Richmond Hill.. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here on our wonderful Hilton Honors Point Program! Glad the staff here took good care of you and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

After several bad experiences with some pretty shabby Hampton Inns, it as good to have our faith restored in this one. From top to bottom, it's everything we've come to expect in a Hampton. The receptionist was welcoming and friendly, helped me with a reservations problem and sent us to our room with cookies and bottles of water!

The room was perfect: airy fresh, full amenities, spotless, and roomy, the standard of Hamptons. High marks to this staff.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Stephyne W, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

First we would like to say thank you for your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. We are here to please our guest, and I hope we made up for the mishaps in the past. We would love for you to continue to stay with our brand and we hope to see you soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This was a great stay we were welcomed with nachos and ribs it was between 5-8 pm. It is always welcomed to eat a little something when you have been driving most of the day. You are tired and sometimes you do feel going out to the restaurant just a little something would do the trick. I felt safe, and I appreciate when other guests hold the door and do not slam it shut. Beds are comfortable and clean.

2  Thank Jo-Ann B
mike031, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Jo-Ann B,

Thanks a lot for your recent stay with us. We are glad you found our hotel to be safe and comfortable. Indeed, the manager reception is one of the great additions that our hotel offers to all of our valuable guests. We hope to see you back here soon!

Take care...

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great hotel, friendly staff, exactly what you come to expect from the Hampton Inn. Clean room, good, quality breakfast and convenient location considering the Saint Patricks Day festival was going on.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We greatly appreciate your positive feedback. We strive to overwhelm our guest. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again. Thank you again for sharing your great experience with us.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed here twice within a week. Found it to be above average both times. Check in rapid and accurate. Rooms well appointed with nice LG tv's, duvet covers on beds, and very nice bath towels. Nice little reception starts at 5:00pm and features hot snacks, chips and salsa and free beer. Breakfasts in the morning have nice selection of hot and cold dishes. Staff very friendly. Only negative is the wall paper and carpet in the hallways are really beginning to show wear and tear.

Stayed: March 2014
mike031, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Rustic 16,

Thanks a lot for your kind review! Glad you enjoyed staying with us.. Also glad you enjoyed our evening reception.. Our Ownership is always looking to improve and renovate whenever is possible.. Our Hallways carpet and wallpaper are next on our agenda..
Once again, thanks for sharing your thoughts and hope to see you again soon..

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I am a loyal Hampton Inn customer. However, the last time I stayed at this hotel I was not happy.

Even though it was a non-smoking room - the smoke smell hit us in the face as soon as we opened the door. It was gross. I called down to the desk. She said they had no more rooms, but we could go over to the Holiday Inn or she could spray the room. We opted for the spray since it was late at night. When she came up and sprayed she didn't aplogize or even acknowledge this was a stinky room. She was ho hum about it. I asked why housekeeping hadn't caught it and I really didn't get an answer.

After she left I noticed the carpet hadn't been vacuumed and there was hair in the tub. Plus the shower curtain smelled to high heaven.

The next morning I complained to the front desk and the woman there did give me a discount. However, I doubt that I will stay there again.

1  Thank jkenney88

Dear JKenny88,

Thanks a lot for your recent stay with us.. I am sorry that your stay with us wasn't a pleasant one.. Our mission is to make sure every guest leaves our hotel happy and satisfied.. Please feel free to call our management to discuss the room issue further.. Once again, sorry for the mishap you faced and hope to be able to see you again at the hotel in the near future..

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Easy on and off I-95. Good parking, clean and very good restaurants close by. A nice place to stop whether heading north or south I-95 without the traffic of the Savannah exits just north of this location.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mark T,

Thanks for your recent stay with us.. We are happy that you found our Hotel to be convenient and enjoyable! We always want to be your favorite stopover.. See you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Hill
Best Western Plus Richmond Hill Inn
Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah Gateway, GA
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah Historic District / Riverfront

Been to Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!