“You gotta stay here”

Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very clean rooms. Friendly hotel staff. I did not enjoy the breakfast area or the food. Although it is set up for people to pile food on their plate, it could be better. The lay out of the food makes people jump around the line of items (i.e. butter on the end, and bread at the beginning). The quality of the food is terrible. Freezer burned potatoes. Good waffel station.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Satisfied Guest:

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hampton Inn. We appreciate your kind words regarding our clean nice rooms and the friendliness of our staff. We value any feedback we receive from our guests. I am sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast bar, but understand the frustration regarding the setup and you offered great suggestions. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Great service at the front desk both day and night. Breakfast folks were very friendly also. Room and lobby are clean. Beds are great. Enjoyed the breakfast waffles and other food. Quiet. Great all-around.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Happy Guest:

We are pleased to know you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. In addition we would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding the cleanliness of your suite and the friendliness of the staff, positive comments about our breakfast. I will be sharing your kind words with the entire team.

Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel, and we look forward to servicing your future lodging needs.

The Team at Hampton Inn Richmond Hill GA

Reviewed November 12, 2013

....I used points to stay here for a race, thus making the out-of-pocket zilch. They didn't even take my CC for incidentals. I would stay here and pretty much any other Hampton INN & SUITES in any location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hampton Inn. We appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel and services. We value any feedback we receive from our guests and we hope to serve you again. Safe travels,

Reviewed November 10, 2013

If you need to be anywhere in the Savannah area or just need a stop on your way to Florida this is the best hotel. The staff is excellent, the hotel is clean and quiet. There are plenty of fast food places within walking distance and you aren't too far from Tybee Island or Downtown Savannah. It's a great midpoint for us when we leave in the afternoon on our way to Orlando.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike H
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Very kind words, we thank you !!!.. We are happy we could accommodate you. Its always great to hear that what we do make a difference and I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our staff. They are a great team and work very hard. I am very proud to be a part of such a great hotel. Hope to see you in the future, safe travels.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

For me, Hampton Inns are all about the beds and this one did not disappoint. Generally, wherever you go, they have much better beds than anyone else. Far from being a destination hotel, this one is more mundane, a place to rest to your weary body. I was greeted by a nice young lady at the front desk and she checked me in quickly and efficiently. Everything in the room worked well, except for two things which I mention only so management can look at them. (Room 219) The tub seems to be installed on an angle so that no matter what you do, you are going to get a huge puddle behind the toilet when you shower. I don't know what can be done to fix that other than rip out the tub and reinstall it, and my guess is, that is not going to happen. The other thing is there is a large moldy spot on the air conditioner near the wall. The entire top of the air conditioner stays wet all the time.

The breakfast area was clean, neat and well stocked. The food was typical hotel breakfast fare, edible but nothing to write home (or a review) about. The cleanliness of the grounds and interior was very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ray H
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. It is delightful to hear you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable in your guest room. I would like to apologize for the maintenance issues you endured and management has already been notified and hopefully find a remedy to this issue without having to reinstall the tub.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is small Hampton, but same comfort and cleanliness.

But did you know on Thursday nights they have "happy hour" and free beer, chips and ribs? Nice to come off a road trip for this surprise.

What fun.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your great comments on trip advisor and we are certainly Happy to know you enjoyed Happy Hour at our property. Thank you again and looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Easy access to I-95. Nice room with microwave, refrigerator, comfortable chair with reading lamp and writing desk. Hampton Inns have added new lamps that have an outlet built in for phone or computer chargers which is very nice. Bathroom was nice size and well stocked. There are two side entrances and a back door to the parking lot as well as the main lobby entrance. Breakfast was good and plentiful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. It is delightful to hear you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable in your guest room. Our staff strives to serve excellence in guest service and we are happy to have exceeded your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Hill
Best Western Plus Richmond Hill Inn
Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah Gateway, GA
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah Historic District / Riverfront

Been to Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!