“Great Hotel, Great Location, Great Value”

Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Richmand Hill, United States
“Great Hotel, Great Location, Great Value”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

If you need to be anywhere in the Savannah area or just need a stop on your way to Florida this is the best hotel. The staff is excellent, the hotel is clean and quiet. There are plenty of fast food places within walking distance and you aren't too far from Tybee Island or Downtown Savannah. It's a great midpoint for us when we leave in the afternoon on our way to Orlando.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Mike H
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Very kind words, we thank you !!!.. We are happy we could accommodate you. Its always great to hear that what we do make a difference and I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our staff. They are a great team and work very hard. I am very proud to be a part of such a great hotel. Hope to see you in the future, safe travels.

The Team at Hampton Inn Richmond Hill, GA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Alpine, California
Reviewed October 30, 2013

For me, Hampton Inns are all about the beds and this one did not disappoint. Generally, wherever you go, they have much better beds than anyone else. Far from being a destination hotel, this one is more mundane, a place to rest to your weary body. I was greeted by a nice young lady at the front desk and she checked me in quickly and efficiently. Everything in the room worked well, except for two things which I mention only so management can look at them. (Room 219) The tub seems to be installed on an angle so that no matter what you do, you are going to get a huge puddle behind the toilet when you shower. I don't know what can be done to fix that other than rip out the tub and reinstall it, and my guess is, that is not going to happen. The other thing is there is a large moldy spot on the air conditioner near the wall. The entire top of the air conditioner stays wet all the time.

The breakfast area was clean, neat and well stocked. The food was typical hotel breakfast fare, edible but nothing to write home (or a review) about. The cleanliness of the grounds and interior was very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ray H
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. It is delightful to hear you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable in your guest room. I would like to apologize for the maintenance issues you endured and management has already been notified and hopefully find a remedy to this issue without having to reinstall the tub.

Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is small Hampton, but same comfort and cleanliness.

But did you know on Thursday nights they have "happy hour" and free beer, chips and ribs? Nice to come off a road trip for this surprise.

What fun.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your great comments on trip advisor and we are certainly Happy to know you enjoyed Happy Hour at our property. Thank you again and looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Best Regards,
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Easy access to I-95. Nice room with microwave, refrigerator, comfortable chair with reading lamp and writing desk. Hampton Inns have added new lamps that have an outlet built in for phone or computer chargers which is very nice. Bathroom was nice size and well stocked. There are two side entrances and a back door to the parking lot as well as the main lobby entrance. Breakfast was good and plentiful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. It is delightful to hear you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable in your guest room. Our staff strives to serve excellence in guest service and we are happy to have exceeded your expectations.

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great staff, very accommodating in helping me when I made a mistake and booked online non refundable for the wrong month! Same good Hampton breakfast we have experienced at other Hamptons. Room was nice and updated (except for the old yellowed shower curtain ugh) gym was small but good equipment.
On the negative, the hallways could use new carpeting and the elevators need updating. Coffee in the evening was old and cold.
Overall, a very adequate choice for the traveler.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hampton Inn. We appreciate your kind words regarding our clean nice rooms. We value any feedback we receive from our guest and are in the process of updating our carpets and other amenities.

In addition we are glad you enjoyed some of our excellent amenities. We want our guest to have all the comforts of home while staying at our hotel, and a soothing night’s sleep and hot breakfast are just a few ways our team strives to achieve that.

delray beach
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very easy to find this hotel as you exit I95. Area felt very safe. Nice Hampton Inn-very clean, staff was friendly & accommodating . The breakfast was great! Couldn't ask for more. Great hotel for stopping off the highway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, October 14, 2013

Best Regards,
The Team at Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond Hill, GA
x Long Islander
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This hotel is older and hasn't been updated in years but is perfectly adequate for a one night stay. The AAA rate of $103 was perfectly fair for a clean room, mediocre internet connection and comfortable bed. The room has a microwave and refrigerator but lacks a desk. There is a small table and two chairs. The room has poor lighting. TRAVEL TIP: Pack an extension cord! Hotels are notorious for the lack of electrical plugs.

The age of the hotel shows mainly in the lobby, stairwell and elevator as well as the weird country room furniture. One MAJOR compliant is the folks that excessively smoke outside the all entrances/exits which wafts into the lobby, elevator and hallways.

Ruby Tuesday is two exits north. At the Ruby Tuesday exit there is another Hampton Inn but the rate jumps to $159+. We felt the difference isn't warranted.

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn in route to NY before and will probably do so again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Hampton Inn Brand. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the hotel décor/furniture. I will let upper management know to re evaluate where the designated smoking areas are to prevent the odor to enter the lobby and elevator. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay, we strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments and your loyalty to our property and brand.

The Team at Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond Hill, GA
#8 of 11 in Richmond Hill
Econo Lodge Richmond Hill
Econo Lodge Richmond Hill
#5 of 11 in Richmond Hill

Been to Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!