“Nice hotel during journey on I95”

Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a terrific Hampton Inn along I95....they even have Direct TV! No manual for it, but easy to figure out. Very friendly staff. Good price. Be sure to use one of the coupons from the travel books located at rest stops to save around $20 per night..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Thank Patricia M. M
Stephyne W, Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Patricia M,

Thank you for your kind words, and taking the time to review our property. We appreciate it. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our DIRECTV programming, and the excess of HD Channels that our property has to offer. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Government rate available, better deal than Best Western.

2 Adults, 2 Children.

Nichol greeted us with a warm smile at 144 am which is extremely rare these days. She directed us where to park to be close to the access door and elevator. We requested a extra pillow and blanket which she gladly assisted us with. Nichol even gave us cookies for our children.

We look foreward to breakfast after reading the other Floridians reviews!

YES, this hotel is on our return list for sure!

• Stayed: July 2013
Vishal T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Richmond Hill, GA for your lodging needs.

Your review is greatly appreciated. We are excited when we hear the feedback from our guest, good or bad it is a power tool many travelers use when choosing a lodging destination.

Exceeding expectations is our ultimate goal! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
The Team At Hampton Inn

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were traveling back to Florida and exhausted so we stopped for the night. I had stopped and checked some pricing and availability and found this hotel was about $20 cheaper than the Hampton Inns in Savannah. It was almost 11pm when we arrived and the young man at the front desk greeted us with a smile and was very helpful in securing 2 rooms for our party. The rooms were quiet and clean. The furnishings seem a bit dated but the bed was very comfortable. We all had a great nights sleep. Breakfast is your typical Hampton fare...a nice mix of hot and cold items served in a comfortable lobby. The entire staff was very friendly, I would definitely consider the hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us at Hampton Inn in beautiful Richmond Hill.

We are pleased we were able to exceed your expectations and you were satisfied with our rate. Thank you also for your kind words and leaving your review on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to serving you again during your next trip to GA.

Kindest Regards,
The Team at Hampton Inn

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is one of the best Hampton Inn's that we have ever stayed in. From the moment we checked in, the staff was knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. The hotel was quiet and we got a refreshing sleep. The breakfast had many options and was very well done. We will stay at this hotel again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Stephyne W, Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the time you took to fill out a survey for our property. I love the title to your review. Very cute! I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that the staff was able to assist you in any way that you needed. Thank you again for the review, and we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

While the staff members were extremely courteous, their customer service would not be enough to bring me back to this petri dish of a hotel.
While driving down I-95 with my spouse and two toddlers, we decided to pull over and get a little rest.
Hampton Inns are a trusted brand and have been a clean and affordable alternative to the more expensive lodging options in the past.
Unfortunately, this location is dated, run down and dirty. No matterhow exhausted you are, you may want to come eqquipped with your own blacklight, mask and gloves.
The carpets in the halls and rooms are coated with a think layer of dust. The sofa, curtains and lamps were all covered in dirt as well. it is obvious that none of the upholstery is ever cleaned. The wallpaper is peeling in some areas and looks as though it is covered in body fluids from previous guests. The toilets are not cleaned properly and the toilet seat attachments have God knows what covering them. The bathtub was dirty as well and had hair in it. The bathroom sink appeared clean, but was cracked. a ceiling crack was covered with a piece of clear tape. The bedspread had a cigarette burn. The bathroom door had two long streaks of yellow extending from just above the handle to the floor. The funny thing is that the staff included a post it note letting us know that the sheets were clean as if saying so made it true. My skin was burning and itching the entire night. Overall, it was an extremely horrible experience. Had we arrived at a decent hour and been able to see these things, we would have continued to drive. We came in, saw the dust but thought we'd at least be able to shower. It was too nasty to risk it. We simply used bottled water to brush our teeth and hit the road. Now, I have to wonder if my girls were exposed to the ejaculate, urine, hair, etc of previous guests.

Room Tip: Do Not Stop Here
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Amelia O
Stephyne W, Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit your survey of this property.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced at the property. It was disappointing to learn that you had some difficulty during your stay and please rest assured that this is certainly not the lasting impression that we wish to leave with our valued guests.
We would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We shared your comments with the General Manager of the hotel and have been forwarded to the appropriate cooperative department. Please rest assured that it will not go unnoticed.
The property is undergoing extensive renovations in the months to come, and there is to be lots of changes in the guest rooms over the next few months.
Once again we thank you for your comments and hope to have you as our guest again in the future to see the changes at the property.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is exactly what you expect from Hampton inn. The reason it's a good location for overnight is that it is the last exit before the Savannah exits if you are traveling north. So you are near everything but not paying Savannah prices. The difference between this hotel and the HAmpton at the next exit was $20. If you are just passing through, save a few dollars. The included breakfast was a little better than most Hamptons. IF you want more, there are all kinds of restaurants at the next exit including a Cracker Barrel and Waffle House.

Our room was very clean so maybe they have responded to some of their other reviews.

Room Tip: Get the i95 exit guide app for your iPad or iPhone --it is invaluable for travel on I75. It will he...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us on tripadvisor.

We appreciate your kind word regarding the value of the property.

We are pleased you found the hotel to be clean and enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast.

We are also glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient location just off I-95.

We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Best Regards,

Hampton Inn Richmond Hill Team

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I am an hhonors member but would not recommend this hotel. Although the staff was friendly and location was convenient, I would not stay here again. The cleanliness of the rooms was very poor. We found hair in our bath and bed linens and dust caked on the furniture. The wallpaper in the bathroom was falling off the walls and the towel racks were defective.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Stephyne W, Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Hill
Best Western Plus Richmond Hill Inn
Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah South

Been to Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!