“Average room”

Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was very under-whelmed by the room I had at this location. It was clean, and somewhat comfortable, but the decor was really that of a K-mart look and feel. The light/blond finished wood furniture really took the room back in time about 10 years. Desk was extremely small; glad i didn't have to work at it. On the plus side, the room featured a fridge. Bathroom was okay. It had a mild make-over sometime in the past, as the vanity was painted/covered with a finish to resemble a newer solid surface vanity top. Was just okay. Trim ring around the shower head was hanging, and dirt/mold at the joint between the tub and tile floor. On the high side, breakfast was super, with all of the standard Hampton fare. Service was also exceptional. I would stay again, as the price was right.

A word to the hotel, please close the toilet lid in the restroom.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Vishal T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. We value any feedback we receive from our guests.

On behalf of myself and the entire team at Hampton Inn Richmond Hill I would like to apologize that you were under-whelmed by the décor in your guest room.

Guest satisfaction is important to us and we are pleased you found your room to be clean and our service to be exceptional.

We are also glad you were able to enjoy some of our amenities such as, complimentary hot breakfast and in room microwaves and mini refrigerators.

We hope you will consider us the next time you are travelling in the Savannah/ Richmond Hill area and give us another opportunity to provide you with excellent guest service.

With Kindest Regards,

Hampton Inn Richmond Hill Team

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stopped at this Hampton Inn on our way back home from a Florida trip. My wife and I were impressed with how clean the hotel and room was. The bed was extremely comfortable and the rest of the room was very nice. The hotel staff was very friendly. I would highly recommend staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephyne W, Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you valued guest for your time to review our hotel. We love hearing feedback from our guest! I am glad that you enjoyed the signature Hampton Fresh and Clean beds. Our guests love how comfortable these beds are! Hope that you made it home safely, and hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way through to Florida. Very clean, super friendly & easy to access from I-95 but quiet. Nearby gas & fast food. Will definitely stop again on our way north or south! Hot breakfast is always nice & convenient!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bec916

Thank you for your time and your kind review! We love having you here, and hope to see you soon in the future. Enjoy your trip!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I pass through this part of Georgia on business at least three times a year. I always stay here because I can count on great location to my job site, reasonable prices, free evening reception & breakfast, free wifi, and a room that is realiably comfortable! Did I mention the recently remodeled dining area and lobby? Super! However, what I most enjoy is the customer-focused management and staff. I will continue to stay here in the future and always recommend the hotel to friends & coworkers.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ChiefRod

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate every guest! Thank you for your great comments on our newly renovated Perfect Mix Lobby! I am glad that you have enjoyed it. I recently updated the photos on TripAdvisor, as well as our Hampton website to show off our new changes. Hope to see you again! Thank you!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I tend to prefer the Hampton Inn line of hotels when on the road, but I've stayed in better. The staff was friendly, the room almost as comfortable as the others in this chain I've been in. The wifi was very slow so I had to resort to my 3G connection to get anything done. Also not much for sit down dinning around that exit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Stephyne W, Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

We would like to thank you for staying with us in Richmond Hill Ga. I see you are a Disney Dad, and Richmond Hill is a great stopping point on the way to Disney. I just wanted to write you to let you know that we had a few problems with wifi speed at the hotel, and we have increased our bandwith so that should no longer be an issue. Also, if you are ever in Richmond Hill again, you should check out Steamer's Resturant. They are great! Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was driving down to Florida and it was around 4 a.m. when I decided I couldn't drive anymore. I stopped in this hotel because I really like Hampton Inn's (anything Hilton really). Great location as it is just off I-95. The lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful. She even offered me to eat some breakfast. The hotel was under construction and my bathroom looked somewhat outdated as if some new had been replaced and some old had been kept. But overall it looked good and was clean. I don't care about things being modern as long as they are clean and the room was immaculate. My room smelled fresh and the beds were extremely comfortable. I was given a double queen upgrade after I was sent to a smoking room by accident. Very cool!

Overall, great quality hotel and the price was reasonable. Would stay again!

Room Tip: Smoking was on the 1st floor. Go to the higher floors, no smoking rooms there.