“Nice, but ......”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Clifton Park, New York
“Nice, but ......”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I tend to prefer the Hampton Inn line of hotels when on the road, but I've stayed in better. The staff was friendly, the room almost as comfortable as the others in this chain I've been in. The wifi was very slow so I had to resort to my 3G connection to get anything done. Also not much for sit down dinning around that exit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Stephyne W, Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
We would like to thank you for staying with us in Richmond Hill Ga. I see you are a Disney Dad, and Richmond Hill is a great stopping point on the way to Disney. I just wanted to write you to let you know that we had a few problems with wifi speed at the hotel, and we have increased our bandwith so that should no longer be an issue. Also, if you are ever in Richmond Hill again, you should check out Steamer's Resturant. They are great! Thanks again for the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was driving down to Florida and it was around 4 a.m. when I decided I couldn't drive anymore. I stopped in this hotel because I really like Hampton Inn's (anything Hilton really). Great location as it is just off I-95. The lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful. She even offered me to eat some breakfast. The hotel was under construction and my bathroom looked somewhat outdated as if some new had been replaced and some old had been kept. But overall it looked good and was clean. I don't care about things being modern as long as they are clean and the room was immaculate. My room smelled fresh and the beds were extremely comfortable. I was given a double queen upgrade after I was sent to a smoking room by accident. Very cool!

Overall, great quality hotel and the price was reasonable. Would stay again!

Room Tip: Smoking was on the 1st floor. Go to the higher floors, no smoking rooms there.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Ren R
Michigan, United States
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Moved here after our first hotel had zero wi-fi signal in our room. The staff was great. Breakfast was free and different each day. Coffee station was really good. Refrigerator and microwave in each room, along with flat screen TV. Location was close to everything we needed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kerry K
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Cannot speakly highly enough of the service and help offered by the manager on duty (Morgan I think). We were actually meant to stay in savannah but due to a booking mix up using a well known Internet BOOKING site and hotel we were left without a room. Hampton Richmond hill helped accommodate us, offered all the help they could and this was much appreciated. Rooms were great, tv was awesome, and breakfast was great the next day. Location is more suited to a travel stop, but would recommend this hotel to anyone. Top marks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gary M
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I recently stayed here for 3 nights. At check in the front desk was super friendly and check in was fast. The hotel was very clean as well as my room. It was large and clean. The breakfast was great and the girl working if was excellent. Housekeeping staff was always nice. They also offered an evening managers reception on Thursday definitely a plus. The hotels location is also a plus close to I-95 there are resteraurants with in walking distance. Stephanye the Manager is just super she made my stay that much more enjoyable wish there were more managers and staff like they have here at other Hilton properties I have stayed at. I am a Hilton Diamond member and do over 300 nights a year with The Hilton family of hotels. This Hampton exceeded my expectations. Overall a 10 out of 10. Will definitely stay here again. I would like to say thank you to the entire staff at Hampton Inn Richmond Hill for a great stay from check in to check out. Look forward to my next visit!!!! A++++

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Chris G
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is an average Hampton, not 'Top Shelf' as indicated by other reviewers.

It does have flat-screen TVs and refrigerators in every room. Generally, it is clean, but it is getting close to needing a rennovation. Breakfast is not typical Hampton fare. I stayed for 9 nights and every morning it was the same - scrambled eggs and sausage. You don't get the usual variety with the southwest or cheese omlette.

The exercise room is a closet and consists of a elliptical and a treadmill. If you want to go for a walk you are extremely limited because of the location.

The service I received was top-notch. Internet speed was acceptable.

One of the problems you have with this hotel is that it is generally inexpensive and that will attract groups. In my case we had a baseball team from Athens, GA staying there and they ran through the halls like a bunch of drunken pirates. To the credit of the staff they did everything they could to help contain the damage, but without parental input they couldn't do much. Of course this happens in a lot of places, but if you stay up at Exit 94 you'll see a little less of that because the prices are slightly higher.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Our group stayed at this property for one night while travelling through the area. We reserved two rooms, each with two queen beds. I opted to use HHonors points for the stay.

The property in located just off of I-95 in a commercial area. It is well signed and very easy to locate both visually and with a GPS unit as well.

This property appears to be an older Hampton that has been completely renovated. Without doubt, it shines. The exterior of the property is clean, well lit and adequate parking is available for the number of rooms on site.

Check-in was a quick affair and I was welcomed as an HHonors member. The lobby area was clean, neat and the front desk staff member was polite and customer focused.

Elevator cabs were found to be clean and well lit. Interior hallways were clean and room numbers were well marked. Door access card readers worked appropriately.

Guest rooms were clean, spacious and in god repair. Bedding was typical for the price point/chain and everything was fresh. Internet speeds were appropriate and all electrical appliances in the room worked as advertised.

The bath area was sparkling clean with toiletries and towels as expected for the brand. Water pressure and hot water delivery speeds were more than adequate.

The morning breakfast was found to be well stocked and of above average quality. Staff in that area were found to be polite and helpful. All items were constantly refreshed despite the crowd that gathered.

Check-out was a quick affair. I was thanked for my business and invited back.

This is a well managed property, and it shows. Should the need arise I would not hesitate to stay at this location in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
#8 of 11 in Richmond Hill
Econo Lodge Richmond Hill
Econo Lodge Richmond Hill
#5 of 11 in Richmond Hill

Been to Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!