“Average Hampton”

Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is an average Hampton, not 'Top Shelf' as indicated by other reviewers.

It does have flat-screen TVs and refrigerators in every room. Generally, it is clean, but it is getting close to needing a rennovation. Breakfast is not typical Hampton fare. I stayed for 9 nights and every morning it was the same - scrambled eggs and sausage. You don't get the usual variety with the southwest or cheese omlette.

The exercise room is a closet and consists of a elliptical and a treadmill. If you want to go for a walk you are extremely limited because of the location.

The service I received was top-notch. Internet speed was acceptable.

One of the problems you have with this hotel is that it is generally inexpensive and that will attract groups. In my case we had a baseball team from Athens, GA staying there and they ran through the halls like a bunch of drunken pirates. To the credit of the staff they did everything they could to help contain the damage, but without parental input they couldn't do much. Of course this happens in a lot of places, but if you stay up at Exit 94 you'll see a little less of that because the prices are slightly higher.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Our group stayed at this property for one night while travelling through the area. We reserved two rooms, each with two queen beds. I opted to use HHonors points for the stay.

The property in located just off of I-95 in a commercial area. It is well signed and very easy to locate both visually and with a GPS unit as well.

This property appears to be an older Hampton that has been completely renovated. Without doubt, it shines. The exterior of the property is clean, well lit and adequate parking is available for the number of rooms on site.

Check-in was a quick affair and I was welcomed as an HHonors member. The lobby area was clean, neat and the front desk staff member was polite and customer focused.

Elevator cabs were found to be clean and well lit. Interior hallways were clean and room numbers were well marked. Door access card readers worked appropriately.

Guest rooms were clean, spacious and in god repair. Bedding was typical for the price point/chain and everything was fresh. Internet speeds were appropriate and all electrical appliances in the room worked as advertised.

The bath area was sparkling clean with toiletries and towels as expected for the brand. Water pressure and hot water delivery speeds were more than adequate.

The morning breakfast was found to be well stocked and of above average quality. Staff in that area were found to be polite and helpful. All items were constantly refreshed despite the crowd that gathered.

Check-out was a quick affair. I was thanked for my business and invited back.

This is a well managed property, and it shows. Should the need arise I would not hesitate to stay at this location in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We cannot comment about the quality of the rooms, because our paid reservation through Expedia was not honored. The night desk clerk was rude, unhelpful, and made nasty comments when we refused to leave until connecting with Hampton headquarters regarding our credit card charges. If it wasn't their fault for the reservation error, some help would have been appropriate instead of the nasty remarks we received. Complained to Hampton/Hilton that night and have yet to receive contact. Enter this place with caution!

Room Tip: Go anywhere else!
2  Thank B B
Stephyne W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

I would like to take the time to reply to the problems that you stated having. I sincerely apologize for the front desk clerk's actions that night, as a Hampton, we strive for great customer service, and because of that, she is no longer employed with us. I know that this does not correct the experience you had with us. However, I would like you to know that we read every review, and are always looking for input from our guests. As for your billing questions, I am not sure of the details of everything that happened, but please feel free to call me at the property (912.756.2272--ask for Stephyne) and I will be more than glad to take a look at everything for you and see if I can be of any additional assistance.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

One of the quietest hotels I have ever stayed in! Staff was very nice and helpful. Room was very clean and recently renovated. Breakfast was good. Would definitely stay here again!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Hampton Inn 'Savannah South' at Richmond Hill was the absolute best hotel experience I have ever had traveling on the road. Immaculate, large, well-provisioned room; the most friendly staff (notably Ashley on the night desk); great facilities (pool, workout room, lounge) and a legitamate hot breakfast with many offerings (not just bagels, coffee, and a juice machine). If down that way again, I'll plan my trip to make my overnight stop there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights and really experienced an abnormal level of great service from the staff here. They routinely went out of their way to help and were exceedingly friendly.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

I was on a family road trip to Florida and we stopped there for the night. I was traveling with my husband and two children 3 and 1. This was my first time staying at a Hampton inn and it was wonderful. The beds were comfortable. They also had a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Great for those who carry along food or drinks fir their kids. They were very accommodating and had a crib available for us. I will definitely stay there again. It is a little pricey on the weekends but pretty reasonable on a weekday when we were traveling. They also have free breakfast which was really good. They had plenty of choices for continental. I was really impressed.

• Stayed: April 2012
Econo Lodge Richmond Hill
Econo Lodge Richmond Hill
#5 of 11 in Richmond Hill
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Gateway

Been to Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95/Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!