“Great value. Clean. Safe.”

Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Booked nonsmoking room with king bed for 2 nights through priceline.com, Reception area is the only place looked clean. I found dirty elevator, Hallway carpet old and stinky, rm # 309 in horible shape with bed bugs in mattress, Carpet stinky and old, bath tub with mould marks. I immediately decided to leave but could not get refund from receptionist instead she gave me another rm #109 which was almost the same with filthy, stinky carpet. My feet became black and dirty in few minutes walking bare foot on the carpet. Comforter had holes. I was itching all over, After eating continental breakfast on first day my stomach got upset and didn't bother to eat next morning. will never take Travelodge again and tell everybody to stay away !!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vik S
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Vik S,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations during your recent visit to our property. I have shared your feedback with our entire team to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior customer service and accommodations on your next visit to the area.

Warm regards,
The team at
Travelodge Richmond Hill
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Drove over 200 miles was ready for some chill time. Booked my room a few days ago. I just didnt expect it to be this nice for the price. Bed is perfect. Shower is hot. Pillows are soft and a/c is amazing. And nobody bothers me. Only promblem i have is my mini fridge dont work and my iron has something burnt on it but hey for what i paid for 2 nights i can do without a mini fridge.on the plus side the internets faster than i thought. Tv has over 90 channels. I will always stay at travellodge.

• Stayed September 2013
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Taylor0724,

Thank your for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review your recent stay here with us. Sounds like you had really enjoyed your stay as well. Yes like every other hotel we have our little issues, but our maintenance men will take care of the issue right away and you will be as good as new. I do hope that you were able to enjoy more that just the room during your stay like our pool, or maybe make the short trip to Savannah or even take the trolly to Savannah and enjoy the history. We hope next time you are in the area you stop in and see us and relax in our clean and friendly hotel.

Hope to see you again soon.
Walton, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We checked in the hotel after a long day on the road. We checked in about 7:30pm. The front desk associate was nice and offered us a ground floor room instead of the 2nd floor that was reserved for us.
We got in the room, it was tired and worn, but the beds looked clean. The bathroom had missing floor tile and is really in need of an upgrade. But for the price it was what was expected.

What was not expected were the roaches that were in the room. We saw a dead one in the bathroom, and 2 live ones scurry into cracks in the tile/wall space. Didn't think alot about it...it is a ground floor and in the bathroom. Well we proceeded to talk about our day etc and I moved the phone over on the end table and low and behold a little roach ran out from under the phone...there was another adult under the alarm clock...I moved the end table and a couple scurried under the bed. We had seen enough to know that there is an issue and we packed up and went to check out.

The Front Desk Associate was nice, however, she stated she could not refund my money because we had already been in the room. We had been there less than 2 hours and had only used the toilet. We could have been very irate but that is not the way we are. I did tell her I could call the health department if they did not give me a refund. She called her manager, and was told it was ok to refund our card.

The only issue now is, we are traveling on a budget and the 66.11 that was charged to my card will be held up for 3 days while everything cycles through. So that leaves us in a bind for later in our journey.

Anyhow...if you choose to stay here...move the end table, check under the phone and clock and shine a light under the bed and see if anything moves.....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Sherri582,

I would like to apologize for the issue and will assure you that it has and been taken care of. Like all southern hotels we get sprayed each month and if we do have a problem we get it taken care of right away. I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to help in anyway to make sure you were taken care of while you were here with us. Again I would like to apologize for the issue and sorry to hear you were not able to enjoy the breakfast we are able to offer our wonderful guests each and every morning. Travel safe.
Marsh Harbour, Great Abaco Island
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've stayed here twice, and each time I had no real cause to complain. Last stay was in July of 2013. The internet in my room was a bit slow, and there were a few 'characters' around, but for the price I paid, I was quite satisfied. The free breakfast was adequate, the staff were friendly, and I was thankful for the fridge and microwave in the room. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Oudi14,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your stay. You are 100% correct, next time do not book on Expedia.com. By simply calling the hotel directly, you will get a price match guarantee, earn Wyndham Rewards Points, and have a flexible cancellation policy.

Hope to see you soon!