“This was terrible”

Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
“This was terrible”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Short back story: my family and I were driving back home from Florida to NY and stopping in two cities along the way. Stop one was Savannah. Nice city and all but we pricey to stay in. So we decided that we would book a hotel in a surrounding area. We picked Travelodge because it was within our price range and we got what we paid for- a non-smoking room.

The room was musty, dirty and in dire need of a cleaning. The tissue holder was rusted and the bathroom was awkwardly small with the toilet inches away from the door. At first we thought that we would just deal with it for the next few days but then My sister and I had the added bonus of seeing a roach crawling on the end table. Needles to say, after that one night, we checked out, enjoyed a tour around Savannah after having a nice breakfast from the nearby Cracker Barrel and we went elsewhere.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. Super 8 was better and also in the Wyndham hotel family.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear TeCereza,
I would like to personally apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay here with us. Making sure our guests are happy is a big part of our service. We have had problems with a few of our housekeepers doing the bare minimum but that is not exceptable for us. We will be making sure each and every room is looked at before we tell the front they are rentable. We are taking this information to heart and getting things right. In the mean time we all hope you travel safe on your way back north.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Was told by booking service Hampton Inn sends their overflow to this hotel/motel/thinking no tell as well/ facility. Don't believe it. Room is not clean - bathroom caulking that attaches tub is cracked and moldy - wall has mold growing and bathroom floor dirty. Toilet paper dispenser, which is locked to wall with bolts and lock, has layer of dust across top of it. Clearly housekeeping isn't doing their job. Moving out into bedroom we get to have the wall totally separated from the floor. There is a huge gaping hole and I'm not quite sure if anything lives there but I expect to find out shortly. And just to finish insult and injury I the bureau drawer is broken and doesn't fit the bureau anyway. Absolutely disgusting and should be closed. Pictures will follow on Facebook.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Troysnanny,
I would like to personally apologize for your recent stay here with us. We are working hard on getting the housekeepers to pay a little more attention on the cleaning so our guests and our other worker are happy to be there. When our guests are happy we are happy. We hope this experience didn't ruin the Wyndham chain and you will choose to stay with Wyndham choice hotels in the future.
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I decided to surprise my kids with a trip to the beach and found this motel on Expedia. With it being a Travelodge, I thought we'd give it a chance, and for $26 a night I thought we were getting a deal. I didn't realize it was a extended stay lodge type facility, that people actually lived there. Our first room smelled of smoke, though it was a non-smoking room. The air didn't work, thankfully the "manager" let us take the room next door. Still smelled. We went to use the pool our first night there, and had to wait due to repairs being made, look as though they were spray painting the cracks of the pool. We did get to enjoy the company of a few frogs while swimming. Pool was dirty, seemed like filter may have been broken? Also, I would not recommend this place to people with children. There were drugs being used out in the open by one of the residents, smoking pot. A drunk guy was passed out in the grass being our car. We didn't see any sign of a breakfast bar. Vending machines were way over priced,$2 for a candy bar, $3 for a juice box, guess they are taking advantage of the pot smokers with the munchies, lol. Oh, and let's not forget about the beds, might as well sleep on the floor, and I would have if it had been dry. Carpet was constantly wet, a leak maybe? I understand you get what you pay for, and I'm by no means a hotel snob, just this place needs a lot of work!

• Stayed June 2013
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff I would like to apologize for all the issue you and your family occurred during your beach vacation. We all work hard to make sure our guests are happy by keeping the place drug free. We also try hard to make sure all things, like the pool, are up to date so our guests are safe and comfortable. Our apologies and hope you give us another chance to show you how we are updating things.
United States
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband lost his job and we had to move, we unfortunately had to stay here from Nov 12 to Feb 13 as it was cheap enough that we could afford it on his unemployment. We could not get out of there fast enough. The hotel is full of cockroaches, you put a plate of food o the table and within 3 minutes it has at least 5 roaches in it. They put extra charges on your card and claim its just a charge hold and then you will have it back in a few days, you never get it back. The house keepers told us numerous times that, they shouldnt have to clean, we should clean ot and just give them our towels to exchange, the housekeeper called my children names, Alot of drunks and drug addicts hang out there. Sleep in your car, its cleaner

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff i would like to apologize for all the issue that you occurred during your extended stay with us. We have had a few issues but are doing our very best to take care of the issues in a timely and professional manner, some harder than others. In the mean time we hope next time you are in the area you choose to stay with us and see the differences that have been made to not only make the hotel better but our guests more satisfied.