“Completely Satisfied!”

Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
FLOYDS KNOBS
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel is really rundown. I booked two rooms and when they gave me the rooms, they were on the opposite sides of the hotel, not together. The pictures on the website are nothing like what we experienced. Still had old comforters on the beds, old carpet, holes in the shower where the shower curtain had been. The beds were hard as rocks to sleep on. Had mold in the shower. No water pressure whatsoever. The breakfast area is in the lobby which is no bigger than an 8 x 8 room with four tables. You cannot get more than one person in the food area at a time. I really cannot think of anything good to say about this hotel at all with the exception of the front desk staff who were very nice and fast.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

carmanager, Manager at Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give your feedback, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I want to apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal here at Travelodge is to meet and exceed expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Your feedback such as yours assits us in improving our service and property on a daily basis, and in addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. If I can provide any assistance, please call me directly at 912-756-3325

Wwendy Carrington
Assit General Manager
Barefoot Bay Florida
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Hotel room was clean, linens were clean. Although the hotel is quite old and shabby and the amenities are minimal, it was all one needs and you can get additional towels, etc. The breakfast was more than enough. The staff "Wendy" was particularly helpful and because of that we made sure we stopped at this hotel 2 more times. The price was extremely reasonable and I plan to stay there whenever we are in that area which will probably be several times a year. This hotel was perfect for an overnight stay at an affordable price. I have been in other hotels for more money and no better room conditions.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comment, it was my pleasure to give you great customer service, and for you to return for another stay with us. We apologize if any part of your stay was less than satisfying, our goal here at Travelodge is to meet and exceed your expectations to make your stay pleasant and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. If I can assist in any way please contact me directly at 912-756-3325.

Asst General Manager
Davenport
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Well, all I can say is this place is DEFINITELY in need of the renovation that I believe is underway. I should have known when I walked in to the dull and dark reception area .... to be not greeted by two reception women who were talking to each other. Registration seemed to take forever once I came to their attention. Then I got to the room ~ OMG! Shabby doesn't do the place justice. The rug was torn and ragged ~ the furnishings very old and worm. Refrigerator didn't work. Clock radio didn't work. 2 of the 4 lamps didn't work. Air conditioner worked sporatically (and loudly). Coffee pot didn't work. Bed linens were basically rags. If they can restaff the place and update it, it might be a fine motel. I was so tired that I just went to the recommended nearby restaurant (Steamers) for a basically awful dinner and a glass of wine and went to bed. I should have walked out of the motel ~ but was too road-weary to make the effort. I'll take responsibility for that error in judgement.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2012

What was I thinking, in route to my destination and needed a place for an overnight stay. Should have spent a few dollars more. Greeted upon arrival and interaction with staff was pleasent but thats the only positive. Nothing really good to say bathroom recently had holes patched in the walls, mildew etc.. room was musty and sub-par at best, I laid my head down for a few hours and that was enough to get me on my way...

Room Tip: I would not recommend....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
carmanager, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on your stay at Travelodge, we apologize that your experience was anything less and 100 % satisfying. Our goal here at Travelodge is to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our guest. I will forward the remarks to the proper departments and follow up to make sure that we at Travelodge are doing our best to make every guest feel at home. Please know that your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future. You may contact me directly at 912-756-3325.

Asst. General Manager
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were actually looking forward to stopping at this hotel on our way through Georgia, 24hr citrus bar and Starbucks and candy awaiting you on your nightstand....UM,NO! There was no fruit anywhere to be found the night we checked in or the next morning the "Starbucks" was just regular coffee with a couple flavour pumps and no candy in our rooms. Talk about false advertising! The motel itself, is in total disrepair. Cheap patchwork is evident everywhere! The room photos on the website are laughable, nothing like how they really look (except the wall colour) The smoke detector in our room had no battery and was just hanging open.(both illegal and dangerous) I went to the front desk and requested a battery and she called maintenance to bring one down. They obviously just took a mostly dead battery out of another room as the smoke detector beeped all night from low battery. The beds were terrible(no bugs in our room though) very hard and you could feel the springs. The ONLY upside to this hotel was that it was only $40.00 and I still wanted my money back. Will be complaining to corporate although I`m sure nothing will be done.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, and I would like to apologize that your stay was not 100% satisfactory. Our goal here is to provide excellent customer service as well as a clean and comfortable room. Please know that your feedback is extremely important to us and assits us in improving our service for our guest, in addition, please know that your comments and issues will be forwarded to the proper departments and addressed. Again I apologize for any inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you again on your next visit. If any questions or if I can be of any help you can call me directly at 912-756-3325.

Sincerely