Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Hotel room was clean, linens were clean. Although the hotel is quite old and shabby and the amenities are minimal, it was all one needs and you can get additional towels, etc. The breakfast was more than enough. The staff "Wendy" was particularly helpful and because of that we made sure we stopped at this hotel 2 more times. The price was extremely reasonable and I plan to stay there whenever we are in that area which will probably be several times a year. This hotel was perfect for an overnight stay at an affordable price. I have been in other hotels for more money and no better room conditions.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
carmanager, Manager at Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you so much for your comment, it was my pleasure to give you great customer service, and for you to return for another stay with us. We apologize if any part of your stay was less than satisfying, our goal here at Travelodge is to meet and exceed your expectations to make your stay pleasant and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. If I can assist in any way please contact me directly at 912-756-3325.

Asst General Manager

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Well, all I can say is this place is DEFINITELY in need of the renovation that I believe is underway. I should have known when I walked in to the dull and dark reception area .... to be not greeted by two reception women who were talking to each other. Registration seemed to take forever once I came to their attention. Then I got to the room ~ OMG! Shabby doesn't do the place justice. The rug was torn and ragged ~ the furnishings very old and worm. Refrigerator didn't work. Clock radio didn't work. 2 of the 4 lamps didn't work. Air conditioner worked sporatically (and loudly). Coffee pot didn't work. Bed linens were basically rags. If they can restaff the place and update it, it might be a fine motel. I was so tired that I just went to the recommended nearby restaurant (Steamers) for a basically awful dinner and a glass of wine and went to bed. I should have walked out of the motel ~ but was too road-weary to make the effort. I'll take responsibility for that error in judgement.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed September 15, 2012

What was I thinking, in route to my destination and needed a place for an overnight stay. Should have spent a few dollars more. Greeted upon arrival and interaction with staff was pleasent but thats the only positive. Nothing really good to say bathroom recently had holes patched in the walls, mildew etc.. room was musty and sub-par at best, I laid my head down for a few hours and that was enough to get me on my way...

Room Tip: I would not recommend....
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
carmanager, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on your stay at Travelodge, we apologize that your experience was anything less and 100 % satisfying. Our goal here at Travelodge is to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our guest. I will forward the remarks to the proper departments and follow up to make sure that we at Travelodge are doing our best to make every guest feel at home. Please know that your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future. You may contact me directly at 912-756-3325.

Asst. General Manager

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were actually looking forward to stopping at this hotel on our way through Georgia, 24hr citrus bar and Starbucks and candy awaiting you on your nightstand....UM,NO! There was no fruit anywhere to be found the night we checked in or the next morning the "Starbucks" was just regular coffee with a couple flavour pumps and no candy in our rooms. Talk about false advertising! The motel itself, is in total disrepair. Cheap patchwork is evident everywhere! The room photos on the website are laughable, nothing like how they really look (except the wall colour) The smoke detector in our room had no battery and was just hanging open.(both illegal and dangerous) I went to the front desk and requested a battery and she called maintenance to bring one down. They obviously just took a mostly dead battery out of another room as the smoke detector beeped all night from low battery. The beds were terrible(no bugs in our room though) very hard and you could feel the springs. The ONLY upside to this hotel was that it was only $40.00 and I still wanted my money back. Will be complaining to corporate although I`m sure nothing will be done.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback, and I would like to apologize that your stay was not 100% satisfactory. Our goal here is to provide excellent customer service as well as a clean and comfortable room. Please know that your feedback is extremely important to us and assits us in improving our service for our guest, in addition, please know that your comments and issues will be forwarded to the proper departments and addressed. Again I apologize for any inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you again on your next visit. If any questions or if I can be of any help you can call me directly at 912-756-3325.

Sincerely
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My family and I arrived at the property about 6PM,checking in did not take very long.The room was very clean and smelled fresh I also noticed the pictures on the website are not the same at all FALSE ADVERTISING,breakfast was good checking out process quick Desk clerk Trajuana pleasant,very nice.No pets at front desk.Managers.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank trullyblessed

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge, and want to thank you for your feedback. We strive to make sure our rooms are clean and smelling fresh. We are in the process of updating and remodeling our rooms and all of our rooms at this time are not finished, and we do apologize if any of your stay was not satisfactory. We strive to make every stay here pleasant and comfortable. It is our pleasure to welcome you back to Travelodge to be able to give you exceptional service, and if I can provide any assistance for future reseravations please contact me directly at 912-756-3325.

Asst General Manager

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Budget property, price was right, pet friendly and that was all that I needed for a one night stay, just passing thru the area. I had one extra pet in the room, a fly, but he proved to be entertainment for my cat which was fine by me. Waffle House is within walking distance; the motel serves Continental breakfast in the AM. I grabbed coffee and left, didn't even look at the breakfast (the coffeemaker in my room was broken). The desk clerk at check-in was very pleasant and helped with pizza info--Dominos delivered. This was an okay selection for this trip, but I might check out other hotels in the area in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Wendy C, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Savannah Area/Richmond Hill, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thanks for taking time to write a review, we are excited to get your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to make everyone feel at home with our "True Southern Hospitality", and hope you will stay with us again and try our hot breakfast with make our own waffle along with 14 other items. I wil make sure we pass along to our correct department about the coffee maker not working correctly in your rooom. Again thanks for your response and hope to see you again.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Air conditioner did not work, was told no other rooms open & was charged for 3 nights. 2nd night I got a fan & killed a roach. Maint man drained a/c & cleaned filter said he'd bring new a/c in the a.m. which just happened to be the morning of check out time. It was in the high 90's, had to cut my vaca short didn't stay 3rd night and was told no refund or discount for my miserable stay. Nasty dirty room. Will NEVER recommend this place!

Room Tip: Pick another motel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo