See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have stayed at the Travelodge in Richmond Hill, GA rougly 4 or 5 times within the last 6 months.

Each time I am greeted by incredibly friendly front desk associates and the housekeeping staff are equally nice.

The rooms have been (fairly) recently renovated and as I have only stayed in non-smoking rooms, I've had rooms that are fresh and clean. Each time I've stayed, the bed linens are always fresh and they give you more than enough towels/soaps/shampoos and cups.

The rooms include a safe, a microwave and a mini fridge, as well as a decent size television. There is a pool, but since I've only visited when it's been cooler weather, it hasn't been open; although it looks like it's been renovated recently as well.

On one of my trips, after staying 5 days I decided to extend my trip an additional 2. I booked online to take advantage of an online only deal, and hadn't informed the front desk of my doing so. I simply intended on checking out like normal, and visiting with some friends until I could check back in - well, after only about 45 minutes the front desk called me and told me they saw that I had booked an additional two days in a different room - they asked me if there was a problem with the room I was in and when I told them no, I just wanted to stay a bit longer they told me they'd take care of it so I didn't have to check out. They booked me in the same room and it saved me having to unpack and do the check in process all over again.

Overall, I will definitely be staying there again and I look forward to it. It's a great value if you're watching your budget but still want a clean, friendly place to stay.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a room facing the front, and on the bottom. Parts of Richmond Hill, GA have a somewhat "sewage"-y smell and it seems to infiltrate the rooms on the upper right hand side of the building the worst. It's not the Travelodge, it's the location. The bottom is simply more convenient if you have quite a bit of luggage, as there are two sets of stairs you go up, otherwise. The back of the building is kind of dark, and facing a tree line, so it can be spooky walking to your room at night alone if you're booked on the back. Also, the bottom front facing rooms are cleaned last, so instead of getting housekeeping around 8 or 9, you can sleep in a bit and won't be disturbed until about 11 or so.
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We got a "late night special" price for coming in at 8. We got a non smoking room with two beds, a microwave, a mini fridge, a hair dryer and a coffee maker for $37 after taxes. There's also free wifi which went out for a few minutes at one point but was otherwise fine. The room was very clean, though it has the world's smallest bathroom. It was comic to think of anyone larger than myself attempting to get in and out without struggling. The shower curtain was installed improperly and wouldn't close, but other than that, no complaints.

There was also a continental breakfast which had a variety of sliced bread for toasting, cereals and milk, oatmeal, a Belgian waffle maker, coffee with flavored syrups, and juice. It runs from 6-9am. Get there early and take your food to your room. The breakfast nook gets really crowded really fast! There's also a Chinese buffet place about 5 feet from the hotel. You'll see it before you see the hotel actually as it sits in front of it.

All in all a great value for what we paid. A clean room and a little something to eat before hitting the road in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I agree with a lot of the statements from other reviewers. You get what you pay for with this hotel. The price was low, and the rooms were okay. I was right next to the front desk. The lock on the door worked fine, but the bar that you flip (typically at head level) so that you can look out if somebody knocks was missing the piece it connected to. The beds were comfortable enough for a decent night's sleep. I did not detect any smoke odor in the room, however, there was a strong soap/cleaning product smell in the room. The rooms need to be updated a bit, but the furniture was comfortable. TV was fine. It seemed especially busy and noisy, but did calm down before I even thought about going to bed. There is a breakfast, and I enjoyed the wafflemaker. If you're looking for an inexpensive place, this is a decent place to stay, although if I had kids with me, I don't know if this would have been the right place to stop. There are a lot of places to eat in the area, but most were fast food. Front desk staff were polite.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I booked a non smoking room. I received a room labeled non-smoking, but it smelled horribly of smoke and the comforter had cigarette burns. I moved to a smoking room that smelled better. The first room had black dirt on the bottom of the tub. The second room had cigarette burns on the bathroom counter and the doors needed a seriouse wipe down -there was stuff smattered on them. I left 2 nights early.

Room Tip: Don't bother. The pictures do not show how filthy this place is.
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed one night, Feb 29, 2012, the staff was great, good rate, and good coffee. BUT I am still counting the flea bites. As we were leaving I asked if they allowed pets and they said, Yes we are pet friendly. Seems the pets left their pets behind. Won't stay again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple