“Execellent Stop Over”

Econo Lodge Richmond Hill
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Newly redone, clean, comfortable, quiet, reasonable with friendly, helpful staff.
Breakfast was as expected for the hotel level: eggs, sausage, muffins, bagels, waffles,
thin coffee (should have brought some instant to add), fruit, juices, dry cereals.
Great gas prices, good Steamers Restaurant nearby.
We'll make this an annual stopover.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was just a pit stop on our way to Florida. Our room looked nice at first, but in the bathroom, there was A LOT of mold on the walls. It actually smelled like mold. Then, upon opening the shower curtain, there was a huge clump of hair on the wall. It made me afraid to get into the bed. On that note - the bed only had half size pillows. I called the front desk to ask if there were normal sized, and they had no idea what I was talking about. They said all the pillows were the same in every room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We intended to stop at Best Western after all the nice reviews. They also advertised in the hotel discount books with a $58 rate. It was a Saturday night so understand that they had no rooms available at that price. But, next lowest rate was AAA at $132. Hmm. Decided to give this hotel a try. They also were not honoring their discount book price of $49 but AAA was $69. Clerk was friendly and helped with restaurant suggestions. Room was clean and appeared to have been updated. Had all the usual amenities. Bed very comfortable. Table next to one bed was a little awkwardly placed for person on that side. Nice breakfast choices. No complaints. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had been planning a trip to Savannah for St. Patricks Day weekend for months, i also made this reservation in plenty of time to have everything settled. I work at a Quality Inn which the Econo Lodge is part of the choice hotels chain,i get a discount.he way you receive the discount is for a manager to send a link thru email then your able to pick a hotel and it shows the discounted prices. I booked my hotel weeks in advance and it clearly stated that the price was $45.00 plus tax. I also put that it would be 4 adults in the room, now normally if there is an extra charge the price would have went up but it didnt. I reserved 2 double beds for 4 girls that is plenty of room for us to sleep comfortable. When we drove 5 hours to this run down hotel (the only reason i did book this reservation is because there wasnt any other rooms available any where else) the guy wanted to tell me that it would be 45 dollars for me and 25 dollars for each of the 3 other girls so thats $120 for a hotel for one night,This hotel was not worth that. The man was very rude to me about the situation. This guy clearly was just trying to get more money out of me or trying to get me to cancel so he could fool some other idiot into paying that much for a room that wasnt worth it. I called the reservation center and my boss to complain both agreed that he was def not doing things by the book. I had to cancel the reservation we did not have a hotel that night we had to drive an hour back to a friends house after walking around Savannah for hours. This was by far the worst trip ever, being stuck in Richmond Hill, Ga with no place to stay is not what i planned for my weekend. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone they should do what they can or what they are supposed to be doing to make it a great stay for the guest. It seems like this place is all about the money not the guest. Where i work we go over and beyond what we have to do to make the guest happy. It wasnt like i was asking him to give it to me for free. I deserved my discount the way it was supposted to be given.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Denise H
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We planned to stop here for nostalgic reasons. I have always loved outdoor corridors when travelling south. Unfortunately outdoor corridors and nostalgia don't make up for other issues. Although recently renovated, the bathrooms were extremely outdated and tired (that's being kind). The ceiling of our room seemed to have a black hue to it- was this smoke or mould? Not sure.

The room was clean and there was no funky smell and breakfast was actually quite decent but when you boil it right down you are probably better to pay a bit more to get a little better accomodation. I would not say this was a dump by any stretch but you certainly did not get any more than the $65 you pay for the night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stopped here on a return trip from FL to PA. We have normally stayed at the Quality Inn across the road but were disappointed there the last few visits. The Econo Lodge was a much better choice. Very quiet, well lighted parking, pet friendly, comfortable bed, clean, and everything in working order. Even the continental breakfast was much better than most with a wider selection of items. They do charge $20 for a pet, but it is worth it. Would definitely stay there again. There were many fast food places and other restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Either side of the building is good. The building is far enough off Route 95 so the noise is not not...
Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stopped at this hotel on our way from St. Petersburg, Florida to Savannah, Ga. We had had a long day on our motorcycle and were ready for a good rest. The hotel clerk was very nice, helpful, quick check in. The newly remodeled room was very pretty, the bed was very comfortable. Great for a last minute stop! Several restaurants in walking distance for breakfast. I would choose this hotel again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
#8 of 11 in Richmond Hill
Super 8 Savannah
Super 8 Savannah
#48 of 114 in Savannah

Been to Econo Lodge Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!