“Room was damp, dirty, loud, & hot.”

Econo Lodge Richmond Hill
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
“Room was damp, dirty, loud, & hot.”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Horrible night. I had no expectation a $40 room would be spectacular. Just needed a quick, cheap stop during a long drive. TA had it at 4 stars so I took a shot. What a mistake. Rude staff, bad AC, loud AC, damp, hot, dirty, & moldy room. Worst room I've ever stayed in! Ever!

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank Giadon
LaurieLawrenceRose, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Richmond Hill, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Giadon - Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your August 2011 stay with us. I assure you that this is not normal for us. We would greatly appreciated it if you would give us another try the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wrightsville, Georgia
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We were traveling with another couple. Our friends booked their room the day before arrival using "points". At that time, they inquired about a room for us and were told the price would be $62. Our mistake that we didn't make reservations then. When we got to the motel for check-in, we were told the rooms were $119. The hotel was not full, maybe 8-10 cars in parking lot. After talking with the rude and unfriendly desk clerk, our friends ending up booking us a room using THEIR points. Big sign outside states "BRAND NEW", but as you get closer you can see the word "rooms" written in smaller letters. SOME of the rooms have been renovated, but none of the rooms are NEW. And, of course, we didn't get one of the "new rooms". Room was fair, nothing special.Desk clerk working the next morning was very pleasant. We won't be "taken" again by this establishment.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank blivey
blivey - Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences your experienced at our EconoLodge during your June 2011 visit. The renovations have been totally completed. We woudl very much appreciated it if you would give us another fry the next time you are in the area.
High Point, NC
Reviewed June 1, 2011

My family was on a trip and needed a place to sleep for the night to break up the trip a bit. My wife found the price here to be phenomenally low compared to the competition and, despite a couple questionable reviews, booked it. The hotel is in middle of renovations and we were housed in a renovated room on the 1st floor. The renovations and room were very pleasant and clean, comparable to a higher-priced hotel. The staff was helpful and polite, even doting over the breakfast to ensure that everything was fresh. The lady (wish I had her name) taking care of desk/breakfast even assisted my daughters with their food before I had a chance to. If you want a nice, clean, friendly place to stay (no frills), this is the place! We could tell EconoLodge is really trying to give great service!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
mshawnharris - Thank you so much for the wonderful reviews. We are always glad to hear from our guest. You mentioned the renovations - well the renovations have been completed and we can't wait for your to stop by to see us. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Stopped over for the night on our trip. Wasn't expecting much and was pleasantly surprised. Newly remodeled, very clean, excellent service. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2011
TheZanks - Thank you so much for the great review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be looking forward to seeing you again in the future.
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I've been in the area every week for business, staying all week, going home, then back for another week.
Stayed at other hotels using online reservations, decided to wing it one week and just showed up. 2 other hotels wanted close to $90 for rooms. I figured I'd check Econolodge as it advertised newly redone rooms. The rate was very good but the room was great. Nicely redone, everything is new except the TV which was a decent 27". Bed is adequate and the sheets and bath towels are fluffy and actually smell clean. Another hotel I tried had dingy towels that looked like they were simply rinsed and rehung.
The staff is really friendly, good morning and good evening greetings each time. The morning breakfast is not bad at all, hot sausage patties and eggs as well as a decent amount of pastries.

Very satisfied with this hotel and recommend it, cannot say the same for a couple of other hotels nearby.

• Stayed May 2011
95traveller - We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's always great to hear from our guest about their expereinces. Knowing that you trying the competition before coming to us definitely makes us even more proud that you decided to stay with us. We are looking forwward to seeing you again in the future.
Spring Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Stopped at this hotel on a long road trip to South Carolina and Florida and it was the only BAD EXPERIENCE of an otherwise wonderful journey. Since it was 11/11:15pm, I decided to get some rest and continue on the following morning. Gave the male clerk/owner, Mr. Patel, my credit card to swipe upon check in but following morning was advised by female desk clerk, Ms. Rector, that at one minute after the checkout time she was going to charge for an additional night. This woman must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed because she was soo nasty to me and her attitude was vindictive. I have never had this happen before. Otherwise, room was okay for the 11 to 12 hours that I was there and breakfast was okay. Family owned, I believe... but this nasty lady was hired help that should not be in the customer service field.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank ConscientiousVisitor
ConscientiousVisitor - Please allow me to apologize for the behavior of our employee. This is not acceptable at either of our hotels. Since you visit we have totally renovated the hotel and would greatly appreciate it if you would give us another try when in the area.
Summerfield, Florida
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Hair in bathtub, old popcorn and dirt on floors, woman's used rajor in bed, used wet washcloth in bathroom. Asked why we couldn't have it cleaned and was told the housekeeper quit a few days ago. Breakfast disgusting, asked about it and was told they keep reusing all the leftovers, eggs, sausage bread because its expensive. Remodeling entire hotel, woke up to construction workers and jackhammers outside room at 8am. Worst experience I have eve had, and would not give us any money back!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank amber41044
amber41044 - First allow me to apologize the in problems that you encountered during your stay with us. Since your visit the renovations have been completed (June 2011). We would greatly appreciate it if you would give us another try if you are ever in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Hill
Super 8 Savannah
Super 8 Savannah
#49 of 113 in Savannah
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,261 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!