Days Inn Richmond Hill/savannah
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$50
$124
Hampton.com
$96
Priceline
Dogwood Inn and Suites(Richmond Hill)(Great Value!)
$55
$53
Hotels.com
Super 8 Richmond Hill(Richmond Hill)
$50
Orbitz.com
$58
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroom was cleangood nights sleepprivacymattressesrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Nasty, dirty, outdated rooms. Worst Days Inn we have ever stayed in. Writing this review from the bed in the hotel. It's almost 2:00 am & I cannot sleep because I'm worrying about bugs! :(

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank flowergirl6501
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I didn't pay much and didn't expect much, but I was still disappointed. The room was dated, musty and I could hardly sleep because I wanted to wash my feet after walking across the floor barefooted. I wondered most of the night if they had actually changed the sheets. I went so far as to strip the sheets off of the bed the next morning in hopes that the next guest wouldn't wonder the same thing.

I never tried to see if the TV worked as I'm not sure I had enough time for the picture tube to warm up. The good news is the wi-fi was connected to the Internet and I was able to spark a connection. The shower was clean too. And I was able to park close to my room. So there were three good things that allow me to grant two stars.

Oh ... The desk clerk was proficient too! (I still feel generous with the two star rating though)

Room Tip: Consider pulling off at a different exit and check into another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank wbladesr
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night recently - it was late and we needed somewhere for our family to sleep. We checked in around midnight and were given a room back near the pool. The air had not been on and the room was so hot and humid - almost felt wet inside. We set the air conditioning on high and tried to get settled. Within just a few minutes I killed a roach on the floor near the tv. I took a shower to cool off a bit. When I woke the next morning there was another roach in the shower.

We told the person at the desk that there was a bug problem and he said, "OK."

We were exhausted and needed to sleep or else we'd probably have checked out when we saw the first bug. Was very nervous about getting bugs on us or in our stuff.

There are tons of hotels around here and I know they all get really busy. There is a reason this one had rooms open. Have to say don't stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank robyn g
Reviewed June 5, 2012

good for a night and 10% off at the new Denny's diner next door. Our second stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank charlesdailey
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is an OLD motel. The doors still use the now-antique security chains. My guess is the place was built in the late sixties or early seventies about the time I-95 first barreled through this sleepy little Savannah, Georgia, bedroom community. The Richmond Hill Days Inn on Highway 17 just off I-95 is an overnighter's bargain at about $45 per night. Don't expect a fancy continental breakfast. It has one, but it's very basic. Don't expect big flat-screen TVs. However, the wifi was strong and responsive. There IS a nice swimming pool, and two levels of rooms opening to the outside. It IS a motel, afterall. Nearby was a "Scottish Inn" at $29 per night advertising the cleanest rooms in town. I didn't stay there, I can't vouch for the integrity of the sign.

The rooms were on the small side, typical of motels from the aforementioned era. Ours was clean, refurbished, though bearing discreet signs of wear. Next door to us was a gang of construction workers, about six or eight guys partying outside their (and our) door in the evening though they turned in by ten p.m. and were gone the next morning when we got up. We were not disturbed. As I was repacking the car to leave, a train rumbled by quite loudly. I mentioned it to my wife. Her response: "What train?" They don't build sound-proofing like that any more.

Perhaps the best thing this Days Inn has going for it is the nearby selection of restaurants. Practically on the same property is a sleek Denny's clad in shiney aluminum giving it the distinct appearance of a pregnant Airstream. We ate there twice. Showing our Days Inn key card rated a 10% discount. The food was typical Denny's fare with rock bottom prices. Nearby were not two but THREE barbecue places and several other eateries from which to choose.

If you're traveling on a budget and want good, clean, and cheap, Days Inn, Richmond Hill, is a good choice, not only for sleeping, but for eating as well.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple