“Molly's Is a Great Place”

Molly MacPherson's Scottish Pub & Grill
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stopped in Savannah on our way back to Florida over the holidays. There aren't a lot of restaurants on this little strip of US 17. It was cold, rainy and we were tired. This place was on the list provided by Hampton Inns and we just picked it at random. The service was friendly and helpful, the grub was on point and the drink selection was extensive. They specialize in scotch and beer. This is not the place to order one of those fancy martinis or light beer. The have a page of scotches, including single malts and beers from Scotland, Ireland, England and Belgium. We each had a cheeseburger and I tried one of the imported beers. Very good! And the tab was $40.00 including the tip. Enjoy!

1  Thank Glasguitar
There are newer reviews for Molly MacPherson's Scottish Pub & Grill

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Service is ALWAYS fantastic here. The atmosphere "tries", but you are still sitting in a strip of retail spaces. The artificial fireplace is cute, but if it were in the center of the pub it might feel more authentic ( it's really only enjoyed by patrons sitting at the sole parlor style seating area). Food is predictable but tasty- drinks are always great!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Traveling to FL from the northeast and planned a stop outside Savannah. Expected to eat at a chain but found this place. What a treat. Read some very positive Tripadvisor reviews. It was a Friday night about 8 pm so it was busy but not mobbed so we got right in. They had an immense choice of alcohol, but I settled for a Fat Tire and my wife a pinot grigio. We had a couple of college students with us as well. Between us we ordered Bangers & Mash, traditional fish and chips, and I had the chicken special of the evening. The food was outstanding and this is a place we would certainly return to. The picky college students loved it as well. The service was excellent and timely. We did not feel rushed. Was probably the best meal we had over our entire vacation. Highly recommend. Was a great way to end a long day of car travel from Baltimore. This is a place I would make a travel deviation to go back to.

1  Thank trsfla
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere, friendly service, and toe curling good food! We started with the meat pies and salmon fingers- we inhaled those. Never had a meat pie before but I will be looking for a good one in Houston! My mom had the chicken pot pie and I had the shepards pie. Again- best ever! So sorry this place is nowhere near Houston!

1  Thank liz_tridelta
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We drove from Asheville to Richmond Hill, and all my husband talked about the whole drive was how excited he was for Molly's - he kept looking at the menu on his phone to figure out what he was going to order before we got there. He settled on meat pies (that made all his dreams come true) and shepard's pie. I went with the meat loaf, although the chicken was a close second. The rolls, topped with salt and dipped in honey butter - and easily the best rolls in America.