“perfect stop along cruise route”

Best Western Plus Richmond Hill Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
GreenLeadersBronze level
north carolina
“perfect stop along cruise route”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

DATE OF STAY 8/5/10
We picked the Best Western in Richmond Hill Ga. at random while traveling to Fl. to catch our yearly cruise a few years back, we were impressed with the hospitality and convience of this hotel and are pleased to find this unchanging year to year as we have made this a regular stop to break up or trip. Rooms have always been very clean and spacious and very affordable. Our room this year was a suite with king sized bed, we had twice the space in this room compared to the room we stayed in at port canaveral the night before our cruise and payed half the cost. The hot breakfast was a nice addition and its good to see that this motel is striving to meet its customers needs and wants as so many places act as if you dont find what you want here go somewhere else, a word to those chains, "I WILL" . All in all this was a great stay along the way and we will be back.
JDF FROM NC

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
11187, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Hill Inn, responded to this review, August 31, 2010
We are happy that you loved your King Suite! Thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We were traveling from PA to FL in a pickup truck and enclosed utility trailer. The hotel is just off route 95 and easy to get to. The staff let me park my vehicle next to the hotel and plug the trailer in to keep my fridge going all night long. The hotel sits back off the road so you dont hear and traffic. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. All the staff that i encountered were very friendly. Breakfast was great, a good variety of food and beverages. I would absolutely staff at this hotel again. JAS 8/6/10

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and hope you can plan to stay with us again soon! Our location makes it easy to stay with us as you travel down I-95.
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2010

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room, as well as the entire hotel, was clean. This is important to my wife and I. I would definitely stay there again, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
11187, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Hill Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay! We hope you will stay with us again soon!
Williamsburg, VA
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We arrived around 10 PM from the road as a sleep stop on the way to a more distant location. We met a most helpful and service oriented young lady behind the desk. She helped me with my options and available discounts and fully explained all the amenities of the hotel. The room was extremely clean and made up neatly. Unexpectedly, we enjoyed the pool and sauna at 10:30 PM and was a perfect topper of our day. The room was quiet and comfortable, and we all slept soundly. In the morning before departing, we enjoyed a hot breakfast with many selections. This was a nice change from the usual continental breakfast. Checkout time was a comfortable 12 noon, and we packed up in a relaxed fashion and left well before noon. All in all, an unanticipated joy. As we were leaving our room, several housekeepers cheerily greeted us.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
What a great review! We want all of our guests to feel as if they are a member of our family! Thank you for staying with us.
Bahamas
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Our family stopped here for a night on August 7, enroute home from vacation. I was a little concerned about the hotels in this area; US 17 (Exit 87 off I-95) tends to look mostly like a truck stop area. We decided to take a look at the Best Western based on the hotel's exterior appearance (nicely kept), and because of their interior entrances (a gotta-have for me...most of the other motels here have exterior entrances). I was sold as soon as I entered the lobby. What a treat! Wendy, the front desk clerk, got us checked in within minutes even while she was fielding phone call after phone call. The rates were low enough that we could afford to get two rooms (one adult/one child per room...plenty of space, no fighting over the TV or bathroom). The hotel itself was extremely clean; the beds were more comfortable than I've recently found in upper-scale hotels, and the rooms were very quiet. The high-speed internet was free and fast...citrus punch available in the lobby as well as Starbucks coffee (and, they have bottles of flavoring too...hazelnut, french vanilla, etc...) I didn't try the pool, but I did go in to have a look; the pool and hot tub were both well-maintained, and the room didn't have that over-chlorinated smell. The third floor also has a game room...no, not arcade games but an electronic dart board and a foosball table....board games are also available in the lobby. Honestly, if I had had the chance, I would have stayed an extra day just to chill out; it was that welcoming. Breakfast in the morning was better than many other hotels offer. Checkout was quick and easy; a very nice young lady named Heather was a pleasure to deal with. We would stay here again, no question; and probably will, since we usually choose Savannah/Richmond Hill as our travel stopping point.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with Best Western!
Georgetown, South Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 2 nights, it was very clean, the staff was very friendly, Breakfast was outstanding with a lot of choices. When we went to our room I was like oh no, right beside the elevator, But surprisingly there was no noise from it during the day or night that would have disturbed us like most rooms beside elevators our room was exactly what we had reserved. We were so tired from moving my daughter to Fort Stewart Area that the bed was a welcoming sight. We had planned on using the pool and hot tub but, didn't get a chance to. Maybe next time we go, it did look very inviting we would like to Thank the staff for doing such a great job with this hotel, Making it such a great place ti stay!!!

1 Thank Friskiekim
Thank you for staying with us and we do hope you can enjoy the pool and hot tub the next time you spend a night or two.
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I have stayed at the Best Western location on several visits. I choose this location for the clean indoor pool, that my children love. I have noticed some great improvement over the last three years. The free breakfast is very nice, even better than some 4 star places I have stayed, and it's FREE. The staff here has always been very friendly ad helpful. There are plenty of places to find a good meal very close to this hotel. They say it's all about location, well this hotel is just off interstate 95, very easy access. I am not a person who writes many reviews, but this place definently warrants one. Enjoy your stay.

1 Thank Gary30281
We are very happy that you have chosen to stay with us multiple times! Hope to see you stay with us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Hill
Econo Lodge Richmond Hill
Econo Lodge Richmond Hill
#5 of 11 in Richmond Hill
Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah South

Been to Best Western Plus Richmond Hill Inn? Share your experiences!