If you are ever visiting Savannah and want to avoid the hustle and bustle of the Historic District traffic, this is an ideal spot for you and your guests.
The hotel is conveniently located off of the highway, nestled back to limit high traffic noise!!!
Arrival/Check in experience- People were sitting in rocking chairs outside, "Shooting the breeze" and were very friendly as me and my family checked in. The front desk attendant was friendly and provided a first floor room close to the door to accommodate for my mom and friend.
The room- Fantastic beds!
Absolutely spacious and full of the amenities you expect at a BW plus. The bed was so comfortable, we all decided that staying in bed the next day was better than our scheduled Savannah tour and rescheduled our tour to stay nestled in the comfy bed!
The hotel- Clean and well organized with the best salt water pool/jacuzzi
The hotel is very nice with a small gift store area, nice lobby area with fresh lemonade avail all day (small suggestion- add a little sugar, its kinda tart) and a great indoor salt water pool/jacuzzi. The public restroom facilities were super clean with ample lotion and soap if needed.
The breakfast food was okay (included in the room rate). Not as extensive as some other BW Plus' I have experienced, but what they lacked in food choices/presentation was made up in coffee choices and service. The international coffee bar is great with several choices to flavor coffee to taste. there is also a cappuccino machine that offers, tai chi tea as well. Rose was fantastic in providing us with courteous and loving service from the moment we walked in the restaurant until our departure.
Check out- Speedy and accommodating
Check out was fast and quick and not until noon which was an added bonus since we wanted to spend early morning in Savannah at some of the historic sites. (Savannah is about 15-20 minutes away from the hotel.)
Overall experience- There are other hotels nearby that offer more competitive rates but I would pass them all to stay here!!!! Great place!! We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a Southern gem property! Savannah South at I-95 exit 87. Our heated saltwater-mineral indoor pool and spa are open until 12:00 a.m.! Start your morning with our free deluxe hot breakfast including sausage, two types of eggs, biscuits, make your own Belgian waffles, French toast, six different cereals, yogurt, fresh fruits, sugar free syrup and much more, over 25 items in all. Paula Dean has even been to our hotel!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Best Western, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Richmond Hill Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Richmond Hill - Savannah South Hotel Richmond Hill
- Best Western Richmond Hill
- Richmond Hill Best Western