“Excellent front desk service!”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Hill Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Excellent front desk service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Found this hotel to be exceptional in every way! Front desk was very helpful as I had a problem with Expedia booking room incorrectly. Took all the stress off of my shoulders. Very clean and inviting. Even have a late afternoon get together. Cookies at bedtime were super! Would definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
deltaraider21
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Rooms were Clean, new building, decent price. Comfortable bedding, Wide screen TV and large number of stations.
Heard a couple trains in the night. Also one of the cheapest gas prices on I-95 this exit..

Room Tip: Get away from the trains.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Again a good welcome and room ready even though we were early arriving.Rooms clean and beds comfy.One thing lacking in many hotels is a safe in the room.Batrooms clean and spacious.The pool is only small but a nice touch to relax after a long touring day, there is also a hottub. One observation is the 'small' towels in the pool area, not much larger than a hand towel! Breakfast fine and fairly good choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BWPlusRichmondHill, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Hill Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
We were excited to hear your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. The ENTIRE team here at the Best Western Plus Richmond Hill Inn were glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us ! We pride ourself for being a certified "Ultra Clean" hotel by Best Western International. Also, we hoped that you enjoyed all the amenities that our property has to offer, including our recently installed 42" flat screen televisions! In addition to the free "Hot Breakfast" including over 40 items, we also offer our Saltwater-Mineral Pool which is open nightly until Midnight, game room, fitness center, bbq patio, and board games in the lobby. We are glad we could help make your trip to the Savannah area a great one!

Hillsdale, Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

This hotel was always a favorite of mine and my husbands. We go out of our way to stay here every Spring and every Fall. Usually at least four times a year. The people are wonderful and the hotel is very well kept. Imagine our disappointment when we paid $110 on a Friday night in October and today were just quoted a rate of $256 on a Friday night just 3 weeks later. Are you kidding me! There is raising rates and then there is just plain gouging people. We first checked online and then called the hotel directly to ensure there was no error. When we questioned the rate we were told something was going on in Savannah. Strange when we had no problem booking at another hotel at the same exit without experiencing the ridiculous rates quoted to us by Best Western. Very, very disappointed and will definitely not stay at or recommend this hotel to anyone ever again. Sure hope this gouging is not related to management exploiting the hurricane Sandy situation.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank jcsslb
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to apologize and try to help you understand why there was such a difference in our rates within a three week period. All hotels have rate changes and they are depending upon the season, whether it is a weekday or weekend, holidays or special events going on in the area. The weekend you were trying to stay there was a special event going on in the area, The Rock and Roll Marathon. It is an annual race held here every year and thousands of people come to the Savannah area to attend. I always try to explain to everyone that hotels are sort of like airlines with changing rates daily depending on the demand. When these events are going on you can always get the best available rate by booking the Internet only rate at Best Western.com
We here at the Best Western Richmond Hill Inn value your business and would hate to lose you as a customer. Please feel free to call me directly and I will give you 20% off your next visit.

Fredericton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I were traveling to Florida and stayed at this hotel. I had a hotel coupon from HotelCoupons.com which quoted a walk-in rate of $64.95 (valid July 1st to September 30th, subject to availability, $5.00 for additional person, not valid during holidays or special events). Late in the evening of September 28th (approx 1130PM) we arrived at the hotel. I asked if they had vacancies and if they would honor the coupon. The front desk clerk advised she would check as they had already accepted a number of coupons for the evening and only accepted so many. She advised they only had smoking rooms available and given we had asked for non smoking she suggested that we take the key to a room and view it to see if it was suitable while she checked to see if they would accept the coupon. We did so and when we returned and said the room was suitable, she said great because she had checked and they would honor the coupon. She also indicated that given the late hour she would not charge us an additional $5.00 for the second person. She booked us into the room but had trouble printing off the room reservation and rate information sheet (the sheet you normally sign when you check into a hotel and agree to pay a certain rate, all other charges incurred, no pets which are not registered, etc. via your credit card). She advised not a problem we could sign the form in the morning.
Tired from a long day traveling we very quickly went to sleep. In the morning we checked out of the room at the front desk. At that time the front desk clerk (a different lady) advised that the charge for the room was $95.96. When I advised that we had checked in with a hotel coupon and a rate of $64.95 the clerk advised they didn’t honor coupons on the week-ends, the previous clerk must have made a mistake, and when people check in on the week-ends with coupons they charge the “managers special” rate of $95.96 rather than the regular rate of $112.00 dollars. I protested this indicating that if this was the case we should have been told so at the time of check-in so that we could have opted to continue driving and locate another hotel. The clerk also asked that I sign the reservation and room rate form from the night before which indicated that the room rate I was agreeing to was $95.96 plus tax. Obviously I refused. The clerk advised that she could check with the manager to see if he would authorize her to honor the coupon. My wife and I waited in the coffee shop and lobby for a considerable time period awaiting the managers response as the clerk was busy checking other people out of their rooms. The clerk had obviously forgotten about me because when I went back to the counter she advised she would contact the manager by phone as he wasn’t in the office. She called him as I waited and when she got off the phone she advised me that the manager said they don’t honor the coupons on the weekends and if I had a complaint I could call 1-800- western. I did so while still at the hotel and spoke with one of the operators. He took my information and basis of my complaint but at the end stated that really it was the individual hotel management decision whether to honor the coupons or not, Best Western did not control individual hotel pricing. The operator was able to confirm from the computer that I had indeed been checked in at the $64.95 rate but it was then changed. He stated the best he could do was send a message to the manager advising of my complaint and ask if he would re-consider.
The hotel manager, Dee Patel called my home phone shortly after. ( we were still in Georgia 2000 miles away) and left a message basically telling me the same thing, ie. they didn’t honor the coupons on weekends.
I contacted my credit card company to dispute the additional charges. They advised that I was charged $79.75 so in the end they did only charge the coupon rate for the room. I believe that what saved me from this hotel attempting to gouge me was the fact I protested both at the hotel and with Best Western but probably the biggest reason was that I refused to sign the reservation and room rate agreement the morning of check-out and the manager realized that without that would have successfully disputed the charge with my credit card company.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Richard N
Dear Guest,

I would personally like to apologize for the mix up regarding your room charges. There was a miscommunication between the front desk clerk and the General Manager and as soon we found the error your card was only charged the coupon rate as quoted upon check-in.
Once again, I do apologize for the mix up and I hope you will come and stay with us again.

Kerrville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel and the staff are tops. Everything was very clean and the staff worked to keep it so. A great place for Savannah touring. The breakfast was great and the staff kept the area clean even though the crowd was always there. The spunkmeyer cookies and lemonade were a great. Angela, the young lady on the desk was fantastic, always with a smile. We will stay here again. Oh! and the beds were heaven! a great break from the motorhome. Our stay was Oct 27-28. BH

Room Tip: All the rooms appear to be great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We love this Best Western, the staff from front desk to breakfast area to housekeeping was fabulous. The were all friendly, courteous and helpful in any way they could be. Always greeting you with a smile and they just made you fell like this was your home.It was always quiet also.The room was clean and always stocked with towels and whatever you needed. The breakfast always had plenty of food, but was limited on places to sit at times. Other than that...it was excellent!

Room Tip: Water on the third floor was down to a trickle. Eat breakfast early or you won't get a seat.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway
Econo Lodge Richmond Hill
Econo Lodge Richmond Hill
#5 of 11 in Richmond Hill

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Hill Inn? Share your experiences!