On our way for the 4th of July holiday, we opted to stay in Savannah at the Richmond Hill BW. We were greeted by a great fellow who not only was plesanant despite the late hour, he also took care of our bikes for us and got them indoors. It was a clean, somewhat modernized room and everything was in working order. The king bed was comfy. We saw that we had options for ice cream, but declined... it being midnight.
For me personally, there was a bit too much in terms of extras and how presented, trying to give the customer special treats of lemonade, brochures at hand, an ice cream cooler... but instead the lobby seemed cluttered. The thought was nice. The next morning, we tried to drink the breakfast buffet coffee, but had to fix it with our room coffee - never could get anything strong enough. We went out for breakfast and to buy a bike lock. Afterwards, I was able to get in a swim and enjoy the hot tub. The best part of the morning was the patio outside. Very peaceful, green,and well cared for. It was a good place to relax and I could see having breakfast or a picnic if staying longer. We saw many dogs coming and going and there was a place to walk them. The outdoor landscaping was very nice. We appreciated the 12 noon checkout.
After check out, we went into Savannah... the distance was short and we came in by 37th Street. There is a Saturday market at Forsyth Park and it is a great place to ride bikes - there is so much to do in Savannah. The hotel has a tour pickup and shuttle... so no reason not to check it all out. Could have stayed a few nights and been fine. We will bring our dogs next time! PG 6/29/12
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a Southern gem property! Savannah South at I-95 exit 87. Our heated saltwater-mineral indoor pool and spa are open until 12:00 a.m.! Start your morning with our free deluxe hot breakfast including sausage, two types of eggs, biscuits, make your own Belgian waffles, French toast, six different cereals, yogurt, fresh fruits, sugar free syrup and much more, over 25 items in all. Paula Dean has even been to our hotel!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Richmond Hill Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Richmond Hill - Savannah South Hotel Richmond Hill
- Best Western Richmond Hill
- Richmond Hill Best Western