“Very clean and great value for the price”

Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Greenville, SC
“Very clean and great value for the price”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here because we were in town for the weekend to visit family. Great location because it's right off of I-95 and because it was less than 2 miles from where our family lives. To get to it, you will have to make a u-turn off of US-17, but really no big deal. The hotel is either fairly new or renovated. Had a large flat screen tv and a small couch and coffee table, as well as a fridge and a microwave. Had one of those extra wide shower curtain rods that curve out to make extra room in the shower. Great breakfast in the morning, with eggs, sausage, biscuits, juice, cereal, yogurt, and of course the ever so delicious cinnamon rolls that HIE is known for. Our only negative experience was that when we got back to our room Saturday night (almost 10pm), it had not been cleaned, so we had full garbage cans and no clean towels. But, Radha, the wonderful employee at the front desk, came up immediately with clean towels, clean plastic cups, and she emptied our trash. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FSUgirlGreenville
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Very kind words, we thank you !!!.. We are happy our property was a great location to visit with your family, always nice to relax after a trip. Its always great to hear that what we do make a difference and I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our staff and especially to Radha . They are a great team and work very hard. I am very proud to be part of such a great hotel. Hope to see you in the future, safe travels.

Kind Regards,
The Team at Holiday Inn Express Richmond Hill, GA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The lobby of this hotel was very nice. Large breakfast area and sitting area. When we checked in the clerk was very helpful and gave us a suggestion for dinner. I asked her to change our rate to the AAA rate and she said she didn't know how to do it but she would ask her manager and make sure it got done. We went up to our room and were very pleased with the large size and overall cleanliness of the room. I was not impressed, however, with the shape of the bathtub. The rest of the bathroom was very nice and clean but the tub appeared to be stained and there was black something on the bottom of the handle and near the railing at the edge of the tub. Being a clean freak, I was not impressed with this at all. The only other complaint we had with the room was the fact that there were not heavy curtains that could be fully closed. When getting ready for bed we realized that the lights from the gas stations and such next door shined right in our window. We tried to close the big curtain but it only went so far so as not to block the air coming from the A/C. It was literally like daylight the entire night. Not such a great design. Even a blind that you could pull down would help immensely.
We stayed 2 nights and kept the A/C on along with the bathroom fan so most of the noise from other guests was drowned out. The breakfast spread was ok.
We got the bill under our door on the last morning and low and behold the rate had not been updated to the AAA rate as promised. I had to spend 10 minutes at the front desk getting it fixed and the gentleman did not apologize once for the oversight, so that was a bit disappointing.

Overall, a nice property in a great location that I would highly recommend to anyone travelling through the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JLB_ATL
Stephyne W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of the property. We are very pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed the room. I will personally look into the issues of the tub, and make sure this gets rectified immediately.
As for the curtains, we do have blackout curtains in all of the rooms that are located just behind the sheers. I will speak to housekeeping and see if they can pull these out a little more, so it is more obvious to guest in order to block out the parking lot lights, that can be quite bright at night.
Lastly, I do apologize that your AAA rate was not applied, until checkout, when you had to request that again, I will make sure to go over this with all front desk staff to ensure they are able to help all guest with this request. I am pleased to hear however, that the clerk who checked you out was able to correct that for you.
We appreciate all the feedback that you have left for us, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Chesapeake
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Newly renovated in Nov 2012 when converted to HIE. Easy access to I95 and military bases and Savannah. Fabulous assistance from front desk for suggestions to local eating establishments.Even printed off menu from a local restaurant that delivered. Tammy was wonderful and oversees the hot breakfast. The room was cleaned and straightened every Day and was a joy to return to after a hard Day. We will definitely return on our yearly trips to that area.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank PattieC757
Vishal T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of Holiday Inn and our team we would like to thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs.

We are extremely please you enjoyed your stay with us.

We also look forward to seeing you again on your next trip into Savannah.

The Team At Holiday Inn
washingtondc
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and i were travelling back home from a vacation and stopped here for the night. Our king sized bed room was $139 but the AARP card took $20 off. Very comfortable bed. Room had a small couch/sitting area, TV, microwave, small fridge, iron,hair dryer, coffee maker. The only problem we had was the toilet did not flush properly. Breakfast buffet had sausage gravy over biscuits, scrambled eggs, a pancake maker, bagels, muffins,pastries, juices, coffee, tea. Very nice.The hotel has a pool, fitness and meeting rooms.

Room Tip: Ask if they offer discounts to seniors, military etc.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank petesgal
Vishal T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express for your lodging needs.

Your review is greatly appreciated. We are excited when we hear the feedback from our guest, good or bad it is a power tool many travelers use when choosing a lodging destination.

We have forwarded the information your provided us with regarding the toilet to the appropriate department for immediate correction. We expect the issue to be resolved promptly.

Exceeding expectations is our ultimate goal! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
The Team At Holiday Inn Express
Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here on the way home from Disney on June 22. Having never before stayed in a Holiday Inn Express I was not sure what to expect but what a pleasant surprise! The room was huge, with 2 queen beds and a separate seating area. Lots of storage area, microwave and a nice sized refrig. The hotel staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. The free breakfast was very nice with the usual assortment plus eggs and sausage. Another plus was the KFC/Taco Bell right next door!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dana A
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express for your lodging needs.

We are pleased to hear you were pleasantly surprised with your stay. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
The Team At Holiday Inn Express
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Selected this hotel based on ad in one of the Georgia discount coupon books which advertised as being "brand new" and having a "managers reception" with free beer and wine and snacks. Neither was true as they had taken the building over from a Comfort Inn and they had discontinued the manager's special. The stay was perfectly fine although we will be more likely to try another hotel which actually does offer more for the same or even less amount. The desk clerk was very welcoming.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Betswa
Stephyne W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment for the property.
For the comments concerning the travel discount, which is a wonderful discount that I would recommend to any traveler, we are a brand new Holiday Inn Express. We have only been open for four months. We are a conversion property, and that is not a hidden fact. However, upon renovations we removed everything from the buildings. The only thing that is not new in the building is the foundation and the walls. Everything has been completely remodeled inside and out and we have spent over 1.5 million dollars upgrading the property for our guest.
As for the manager reception, we have discontinued this due to changes in the licenses needed to serve such a reception from our local authorities. Our ads print out 3 months in advance and we have already renewed the ad to change, and that version will be coming out soon with the revisions in place. I do apologize that you were not able to enjoy this reception that we had to discontinue.
We are very glad that you stopped by the property to see us, and hope to see you again in the future.

Thank you.
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed and loved it! Great access to all major roads, less than 20 min away from downtown Savannah! We booked thru Hotels.com, big mistake! Book thru the hotel directly, much cheaper!!

Hotel breakfast was great, staff very friendly. Very clean hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank vpolizzi
Stephyne W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the kind words on your review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning our location close to I-95, as we are only 2 blocks off the exit, and just 7 miles south of Savannah. We appreciate the time you took leaving us a review, and hope to see you as a guest again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Hill
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway
Days Inn Richmond Hill/savannah
Days Inn Richmond Hill/savannah
#8 of 11 in Richmond Hill

Been to Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!