Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
“Nice motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice and conveniently located to interstate 95 motel. Staff friendly and room was very clean. I would definitely stay here again. Usual motel breakfast. Checkout was fast and easy. Was in the area to visit family on the way home.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Jutles
Vishal T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the excellent review of your recent stay with us. We are pleased you had a pleasant stay and found the hotel to be conveniently located to your travel needs.

We appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of the property and the friendliness of our staff. Our entire team works hard to ensure guest satisfaction and we are happy to have exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Best Regards,

Holiday Inn Express Savannah South Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Salem, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was the one who picked this hotel for our group, so, maybe I am more critical because I felt responsible. The place was just renovated, which, was pretty nice. The furniture was in good shape. The lobby and hallways are very nice. There is one elevator near the lobby. The stairs are also there, not sure if there are stairs closer to the door in the back.
The breakfast area was clean and well attended. Typical continental fare of breads, cereals, fruit, yogurt, eggs, sausage, biscuits plus fresh made pancakes from this funny machine! Coffee is available all the time- but not always piping hot. Free wifi is a plus. I can not comment on the pool. We did not use the hottub since it looked really small.
One of the outlets in our room was loose, so the things we plugged in would fall out, and, it was probably a bit dangerous. There was a drywall screw on top of the shower- left from the renovations? The tub was stained- already??!!
I was told when I called to make our reservation that all the rooms had pull out sofas. One of the reason we specifically booked that hotel and not another "suite" option. They are only in the King rooms. So, note that if you are looking for there to be a pullout sofa! I had to pay extra for a rollaway bed. It was the worst roll away mattress I have ever slept on. Truly unreal how there was basically no padding on the springs. I would highly recommend stopping at walmart for a blow up mattress- you'll sleep better. When I made the reservation I was asked if the handicap room would be ok- I asked what was different and was told only that there were safety bars in the bathroom. So, I said yes. In addition there is no sofa at all- only a chair. Which cut down on the extra seating. All the hooks and the closet bar are also at waist height- probably not an issue unless you were planning on hanging up 2 bridesmaid dresses and a wedding dress! The second night we had two adjoining rooms- one of which had normal hooks, closet, etc...
The real beds (the night I did get to sleep on one) were soft enough- no pillow top or anything. White down-like comforter and 2 pillow choices. Forced air/heat. Black-out curtains. Small microwave and larger sized mini fridge. The sink area is in the bathroom, not a lot of counter space at all in there.
Rooms aren't super quiet- one morning the room above us was showering and I was wondering if we were in a rain forest?
The thing that irked me the most was the interaction I had with the manager at the front desk. I went down to explain that we would need a roll away since there was no pull out couch. She told me that only the King rooms had them- I explained my booking experience. Instead of an apology all I got was attitude and felt that she was accusing me of lying. Finally I got a $5 discount on the roll away. Gee, thanks. She explained that she couldn't guarantee that she would have a roll away for us- understandable. So, when we returned to our room at midnight and there was no extra bed I called down to the front just to make sure. Guess what, extra beds down there that someone else then had to bring up for us! I must have been at the desk 4-5 times in the 3 days to get our keys reprogrammed. That got old real fast.

Room Tip: maybe top floor? so that you can't hear anyone above you?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank emilyjoy
Stephyne W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. I will be sure to remove the charges for the rollaway bed that was charged to you. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future. Thank you very much.
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I stopped here on our way from SC to the Florida and it was a good choice. The room was very clean, bed was comfy, the WiFi signal was strong, and the room (king bed) was a nice size. Staff members were very helpful - a very cheerful and pleasant young woman came to our room when the TV was not working properly and was able to figure out the problem quickly. Unlike many hotel rooms there were no room deodorizer odors (I am very allergic to these!). There were plenty of electrical outlets and the lighting was good. There were only two things that might be improved. The HVAC unit is right beside the king bed and blows directly on the bed. There is also a fair amount of hallway noise from things like other room doors closing, etc and also noise from people walking above. Both os these are bad planning but likely nothing that management can fix.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ClaudiaB
Vishal T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Holiday Inn Express Savannah South.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found your guest room to be clean with a comfy bed. We are glad you were able to enjoy some of our excellent amenities such as complimentary wireless internet available throughout the property.

We are delighted to read you found our staff to be helpful and pleasant. Every member of our team is more than happy to assist a guest with any issue they may have while staying with us.

In addition I would like to apologize on behalf of myself and the entire staff for any inconvenience you may have experienced in regards to the heating/air conditioning unit in your guest room and the hallway noise.

We hope you will consider us the next time you are travelling in the Savannah/Richmond Hill area.

With Kind Regards,

Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I95/Richmond Hill Team
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Very spacious room with king size bed. So comfy and very clean rooms. We went for breakfast just minutes before ending time and staff was so sweet and friendly. Would love to stay here again if we are in the area. Don't think twice, book a room!

Room Tip: King size rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Aldins6
Vishal T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. It was wonderful to read your kind words regarding our sweet and friendly staff.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay in one of our spacious and clean guest rooms and were able to take advantage of our complimentary hot breakfast bar.

We would also like to thank you for your recommendation of our property to other tripadvisor travelers.

We look forward to further serving your lodging needs.

With Kindest Regards,

Holiday Inn Express Savannah/ Richmond Hill
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

This property has been remodeled in the last few months and is very nice. You can't beat it for the price. The staff was courteous, the rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. What more could you ask for? Maybe bottled water on the breakfast bar?

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank tomeduke
Stephyne W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We have just opened as a Holiday Inn Express and we take pride in having a staff that embodies that southern hospitality. We are glad that you were well taken care of during your last visit, and looking forward to seeing you again in the future.
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am sure this is the same hotel that we stayed at a few years ago, but believe they have undergone some major renovations because everything look pretty new.

Our room was very nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable. It had a nice sofa for sitting. The room had a large refrigerator, which is nice if you are traveling with food. We always need at least a small fridge as my husband is a diabetic and we have to travel with insulin that needs to be kept cool.

The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was the normal fare. Waffle maker, cold cereal, yogurt, bagels, muffins and a hot dish. The morning we were there the hot dish was eggs and sausage. Hot coffee was available throughout the day, which my husband appreciated. The only drawback for me was that they did not offer any instant hot cocoa. I do not like coffee and usually have a cup of hot cocoa with my breakfast. Most Comfort Suites offer the hot cocoa, but I didn't see any here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank retire2014
Thank you for your review. Over the past year we have done major renovations at the property, turning it into a Holiday Inn Express. We have fully renovated the entire property, including the breakfast we serve. We now are serving an Express Start breakfast which features Holiday Inn's signature cinnamon rolls, and a pancake maker that makes fresh pancakes to order with just a push of the button! We even have hot chocolate. For your next visit to the Savannah/ Richmond Hill area, I am sure that all of our improvements will be sure to please. Thank you again for the time you took to write your review, it is greatly appreciated, and we will see you next time!
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Suites in Richmond Hill, GA, and thoroughly enjoyed the time there. It was being renovated (we heard it is going to be a Holiday Inn Express in the future - don't know for sure) but everything was brand new and sparkling clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast bar was very good and extensive. We did not use the pool or fitness center but both appeared to be clean. Our check-in and check-out was quick and our reservations were accurate. Will check it out again in the future if we are in that area.

It is conveniently located right off I-95 south of Savannah. If I were going to be doing things in Savannah, it really is too far for that but to stop off overnight or to do activities in the Richmond Hill area, it is perfect.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side are quieter and quite a way from the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank llgtfan
Dear valued guest, we thank and appreciate your review of the property. The rumor you heard is correct. The formerly Comfort Suites has now been renovated to a Holiday Inn Express. We are proud to announce that we have spent 1.5 Million dollars upgrading the property for our guest, and as November 17, 2012 we are officially a proud member of the IHG family as a Holiday Inn Express. We know you visited us under the Choice Brand, but we are looking forward to serving all of our customers as a Holiday Inn Express!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Hill
Econo Lodge Richmond Hill
Econo Lodge Richmond Hill
#5 of 11 in Richmond Hill
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Gateway

Been to Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!